Favorite Dive Sites for EVERYONE (please only post 1)

up
10 users have voted.
1stSSF Foxhound's picture
Thanks for all the fish

Hello all ! please only post one favorite dive site per reply, and do not forget the location so that others if ever nearby may try it out if the occasion comes up.

This one is one of my first dives ever. Was in Cayman Island, did a beginner/tourist cave dive one day and a hard helm+hose as well to meet waldo the fish. This was with Bob Soto's if I remember correctly.

up
9 users have voted.

SS Salsette, Lyme Bay off the South coast of England. I've not been to Lyme' for a few years now but it's a great wreck.

Check it out if you get the chance.

Regards,

up
7 users have voted.

Fathom Five National Park in Tobermory, Ontario, Canada.

Some great wrecks there : Forest City, Niagara II, Arabia.

up
8 users have voted.
1stSSF Foxhound's picture
Thanks for all the fish

Awesome !!! Once we have a longer list I will save and print them for the future.

Another dive I did in thousand islands area (east of mallorytown-ontario-canada), access by boat, skill is advanced because of visibility with current (1-10 feet). Sunk in 1912 carrying coal. She lies in 30-100 feet of water. I would go once more with a smaller group and better lighting next time around. This was my first advanced dive so I did not enter the hull :-( .

--

In my first post, I mentioned a fun drift dive of a wreck. Was 2 miles southwest of Brockville-Ontario-Canada. From sparrow island using the anchor chain. The Lillie parsons sank in 1868 carrying 500 tons of coal. Impressive centerboard schooner (2masted). Intermediate or advanced skills required as current and large vessels nearby also making huge waves on the island.

In my next posts, will be caribean ocean dives.

--

Last time is visited Belize, or the island of Ambergris Caye, I did the Hol Chan sanctuary. Its a any skill level dive, 10-50 feet of the barrier reef. Nice place to take photos as there is a good variety of sea life there. Saw some small turtles, stingrays, nurse sharks and about 2 dozens types of fish.
It is a short boat ride from the island.

[Moderator merged your three replies into one, please use the "Edit" button when you want to add something to a post that hasn't been replied to yet]

up
7 users have voted.
up
6 users have voted.
Sara's picture
Scuba diver

Blue Lagoon in Huntsville, Texas is an outstanding dive. It is an old limestone quarry. The water is acidic due to limestone. It is so clear it's like diving in a giant swimming pool. The average depth is about 20 feet.

up
5 users have voted.
jungle.james's picture
Shark whisperer

Rainbow River (K.P. Hole) in Florida.

up
6 users have voted.
Scuba diver

The place was called Jurassic Park by the local dive shop. It was a reef in southern Cozumel.

up
4 users have voted.
Fathom's picture
Poseidon

Red Sea, Dahab,Egypt ....by- far the best/fav place ive dived.

up
6 users have voted.
TimaTHV's picture
Shark whisperer

Maldives and Egypt ))

up
3 users have voted.
Sea admiral

Windjammer Bonaire

up
3 users have voted.

Dahab, Red Sea, Egypt!

up
3 users have voted.
up
4 users have voted.
scuba_fly's picture
Scuba diver

Ressel, France: where I did my first cave dive.

up
1 user has voted.
Hornet85's picture
Need for speed-boat

Baltic Sea, you will not find wrecks like this any wher in the world thanks to the nature of the water and no wood eating organism.

photo ECCD2_zpsdrajvapi.jpg

up
1 user has voted.
CallOFBRother's picture
Need for speed-boat

I don't dive in real life yet :(

I'm so love diving :)

up
3 users have voted.
belindafaye's picture
Diving buddy

Cueva de las Gambas. It is not so far from where I live and a perfect site for some micro life. Every time I find new species on the site. https://www.scubacrowd.com/dive-site/lanzarote/cueva-de-las-gambas/36

Just keep diving
https://www.scubacrowd.com/

up
1 user has voted.
djigivara's picture
Poseidon

La Réunion, french island in the Indian Ocean.

Chicago5Over