Design Shipwreck Reward Structure

up
7 users have voted.

Can we please match the exp (at least) to the rate you earn if you just buy dubloons.

Shelling out 1500 is a HUGE commitment and if you just pay 4.99 you get 500 exp - thats a little under 100 exp for every dollar spent.

For the wrecks that same 4.99 (rounded to 5) nets only 25 exp.

That makes...no...sense O.O

At least a EXP match will encourage funding to wrecks both communal and personal.

This means that fully funding a wreck will net 150000 exp rather than just 7500 exp like it does now.

Even a 50 exp per dollar spent means funding a wreck nets 75000 exp. A big boost towards Poseidon status. Funding a wreck is one of the biggest things I can think of that shows community involvement.

Please let's push for this.

Either way I'm still funding a wreck slowly :P

up
2 users have voted.

I think one should fund a wreck, to get a wreck, not to level up. Buying dubloons enables the devs to spend those dollars on random development, as opposed to the 1500 which will be spend on the shipwreck you bought

up
2 users have voted.

I dont agree with you. Giving money for experience points is more of a P2P strategy, wich isn't what the devs are aiming for.

up
2 users have voted.

Piggly - This is a fair statement. However the fact exists that they already grant exp for the purchase of the in-game currency, and at a significantly higher rate than the wreck. So the mechanic already exists for a P2P structure for those who choose to give more money to the developers. Which I feel is a fair trade.

Reinier - Also a fair point. However, a rebuttal if I may - While the shipwreck is nice to have it is not just for the individual. This is not like a map pack that I would have any sort of control over access to. By funding a wreck I am contributing to the community as a whole. So I think the fact that "its there because of me" may not be entirely sufficient. XD I'm going to make Poseidon rank someday anyhow whether I got it from wreck EXP, dubloon exp (likely because I am a clothing and gear nut... PS Home has probably gotten 15k from me over the years thanks to regular outfit additions... gotta look pretty) - I just think that the risk / reward ratio is not entirely fair :p. Even 25 xp per dollar would be nice.

up
1 user has voted.

You have a good point there about the shipwreck being for the community. Perhaps a little more xp will entice people to pledge towards shipwrecks indeed. But I think it shouldn't be as high as dubloon packs.

up
1 user has voted.

25 - 50 exp per dollar seems fine. Then you'd need to fund 2 whole wrecks to buy your way into Poseidon. Thats 2 wrecks for us all! mwa ha ha ha

up
1 user has voted.

Funding a shipwreck gives you 1c of dubloons for every $1 pledged. Devs could add the community wreck and without adding the 1c worth of rewards. If you want exp you buy dubloons pack,if you want a new map designed/voted by community you add money to community wreck or you can fund your own.

up
0 users have voted.

Then don't offer an incentive at all. Better incentives for the the wrecks will be better for the whole community. The more that get funded - the more levels we have. I mean look at all the great times we are already having with Brony's wreck. We could do with MORE not less of that.

up
2 users have voted.

*shrugs sholders* Eee, that's how I became the very first posidon by funding the very first wreck. My view is that if your going to buy dublooms and xp for your character, might as well do it by pedging for your own shipwreck or the community funded wreck. That way not only do you get the xp and dublooms, but we get another area to explore.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
0 users have voted.

Exactly! That's why I am you know... pushing to make the shipwreck option more attractive.

At least early on in the dev cycle. More wrecks = more swimmies XD

up
2 users have voted.
xxApvxx's picture
Thanks for all the fish

Can't resist giving my two cents here. I believe I understand Siren's point. The community shipwreck will even help to attract new buyers someday 10 wrecks looks better in the adverts than 6, or 50 instead of 15, when potential buyers (which will be paying more) read the description. So making the community wreck should give some exp credit. Its helping the devs, the community, and the individual. My personal feeling is the personal wreck should not need to give any more or less exp compared with the community. The personal one you could paint your name all over if you want. Its your to help design if I understand correctly, and that is the reward for doing it yourself not the xp.
I don't have much experience around here, and there are so many ways of earning xp that I hadn't even looked at comparing the different ways of buying it. I'm with siren I bought a pack of pearls cause I wanted a cool wetsuit, wrist computer, and old diving helmet for the record not the xp, but if the packs are meant to be buying experience I could see them not wanting to mess with the balance of things. I am interested to hear where this may go, and go community for trying to maximize there income for them while making the system as rewarding for yourself as possible. Great opinions and no arguing. THIS COMMUNITY ROCKS!!!!!!! Now lets all go get wet.
Edit: typos oops:(

up
1 user has voted.

I also agree with this, the shipwrecks help us the players by giving us more for the game as well as the developers in game scope and size for attracting new players. The investment into the game maps should definitely give a good return for players to justify the cost. It should feel more like a purchase than a donation.

From birth man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to the earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free. - Jacques Cousteau

up
0 users have voted.

Ok, this is my final thought on the subject. The exp for the shipwreck could be increase a little to entice new buyers, but srill lower then dubloon packs. This way you have to options, get more exp by buying dubloons or get fewer exp but have a hand in building a new map for the community (community or privately funded) If you go the community route then everyone gets a say in what wreck gets built and is a better option for those that are on a budget but want to support another wreck. Privately funded (like mine) you get the satisfaction to say "That's my ship I built and put into the game for everyone to enjoy" not "look at all the EXP I got for building a ship wreck".

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
1 user has voted.

I would be OK with people saying look at all the exp i got for buying a shipwreck XD.

Cuz then we get a new wreck :P

up
1 user has voted.

maybe a exclusive badge "Wreck owner" hehehe lol

I´m an IT Manager, Programmer, Diver, Magician, Chef looking forward to write my first book, would love to become a Private Pilot, learning to flight in simulators. Living life at beautiful Barcelona 100 meters from the sea. Keep in touch and Rock On!