buoyancy control / advanced playing modes / master diving technique

up
8 users have voted.
Scuba diver

Hi Team,

really enjoyed the first virtual dive! To me diving in the real world lives of the art of mastering your technique. Therefore I would really appreciate to also find a more challenging advanced mode for movement and diving control in the game/Simulation:

- buoyancy control which requires proper adjustments to balance weight/buoyancy force
- indication of fast ascents
- Management pressure compensation (hit a button when pressure compensation is necessary)

I understand that you need to offer an arcade style mode to attract the crowds - but as this project also seem to address people, who stay and play on a longterm Basis and buid up a community, I think you should offer expert modes as well to offer learning curves that people can master.

Looking forward to following this game world develop.....

cheers!

up
4 users have voted.

Welcome to the forums. There has been a lot of discussion about this nielscs. At the moment the devs are trying to prepare the game for release to Steam where they can get a lot more backing. They'll probably stick to the arcade style for that and just get some more sites and missions ready. After that I am sure we will see some more realistic simulation type diving.

There are a lot of RL divers playing and we all want some more realism in buoyancy, air consumption, ascent rates etc. I think WOD can become a great tool for learning to dive if it is done the right way.

Keep giving your input, the devs listen to what we say and continue to change the direction of WOD based on what we all want.

up
3 users have voted.

Hey welcome to the forums nielscs! You give some good feedback, I like how you keep it civil and on a suggestion-basis. Sounds like you'll fit right in.

There was a topic on the steam forum about this as well, and there has been some talk about it here before, like krisper said. If I remember correctly, a simulation mode is clearly present on the to do list. I may not be high on there because of funds and time for development, but you can be sure it will be in the final game.

See you around!

up
4 users have voted.
Scuba diver

awesome....!

up
3 users have voted.

Very good idea, according to your Zhefan professional explanations, and then set to the operation of the game, then this will be a very real, diving simulation game.

up
0 users have voted.

This idea shoundn't be forgotten!

up
0 users have voted.