post HMS Tranquility (brony) pics & discussion here.

up
8 users have voted.

Ok, I would post some pics of the new build but I'm still updating. But if you have pics that you like to share please post them here ^_^

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
20 users have voted.

I posted these in the "Wallpapers" thread in "Game Discussion".

Brony, check out my new glitch photos thread on your addition in the "Bugs, hardware & software issues" area.

up
9 users have voted.

I did see those before I jumped in the game. Also I had a nice swim with you but had to leave to post a quick comment/thread thanking Aukje for the ship and asking why I couldn't find this stain glass window anywhere?

up
7 users have voted.
Puc's picture
Triton

Hi Matt, This is my doing because I was a little afraid about the copywrite from Hasbro. I think the whole boat is already pushing it. So I thought putting the whole pony on the window would be to much.
up
4 users have voted.

Can't we ask Hasbro if they're okay with it? Maybe they'll say it doesnt infringe their copyright. After all, it's just a colored unicorn right?

up
3 users have voted.

Ok, I'll try and contact someone to get an ok for it. If I do can you add it?

up
6 users have voted.
Puc's picture
Triton

deal!!
up
2 users have voted.

Done, just submitted and official request form to them and should hear back in 1-2 weeks. Unfortunately I'd probably by away at my military 2 weeks training at the approximated time, but I did included links to the two development threads about the ship and stated that I do not represent you but as a member/backer of this gaming community and that the ship design for the game was my creation.

up
2 users have voted.

I hope you get a go from Hasbro so that Vertigo can implement that image.

up
0 users have voted.

Any word from Hasbro yet?

up
0 users have voted.

not yet, it does take time. I'm thinking about resending (email) it just in case they missed it the first time.

up
3 users have voted.

This is the legendary Unicorn

up
8 users have voted.

Here are some more shots I just made a few minutes ago while you were in checking out the ship. I totally forgot who the player was I snapped a shot of on the rock. He was using an Oculus. We discovered that you can climb the beach rocks with the scooter. I also discovered that you can use it to go all the way up into the forest on the second island. The trees and bushes are ugly 2-dimensional textures though. Not surprised since no one is supposed to go up there.

up
3 users have voted.

Whoa, what is this, not this game can't land on it, had to swim to the beach, it appears that the new map at the early stage of BUG have yet to be fixed.

up
1 user has voted.

Vrfocus has already wrote an article about the shipwreck, I wonder if equestrian daily will pick up on it that’s a big audience to be made away of the game specially now that it has a pony hook.

up
1 user has voted.
Groovy Monster's picture
Triton

Guys, I haven't had a chance yet to check this new wreck/area out, but I'm just wondering how the look and feel of the location in this one compares to the Yongola one? I mean, the Yongola is in deep, dark water and has that feel about it, but I think this one's supposed to be in a brighter Caribbean type location, so just how different does the new environment look and feel?

up
3 users have voted.

The environment feels a lot bigger and the water is a lot clearer then Yongola. It's probably the same clarity as that of the swimming pool area. Words cant really explain it except for that you need to dive it.

up
8 users have voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

Compared to the Yongala it's more bright in my experience.
The surroundings makes it feel like you're diving close to the coast.
The plateau has more the sense of being within an environment.

Since the ship is wooden it looks more colourful.
The wood is very well done.

up
1 user has voted.

Being that the water is more Caribbean in nature, I believe the water ought to be much clearer. If you look at shots from semi-deep water locations over there, you don't have haze like in this location. You can actually see long way off before the underwater landscape starts to fade. The only reason I can see for the haze is like that found in over games, to cut down on the loading times for the draw distance. But, being that this is a somewhat small environmental area, I don't see a reason for this.

up
2 users have voted.

Maybe they limited the draw distance already so they won't have any issues with it when the procedural generation kicks in

Edit: I do think the draw distance is too close. It's hard to get a good feel of the map because you can't really look around you that much. It also limits the views of the Tranquility from a distance, unableing us to see here in all her glory

up
14 users have voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

Not able to create high quality images at the moment, hope these will do :).

up
12 users have voted.

some that I took.

think this suppose to say Poseidon
 photo WoDPicture01_07_2014_-_21_33_42_zps5b2bb0c6.png
sship designer TayyKitsune
 photo WoDPicture01_07_2014_-_16_53_39_zpsaac2abb9.png
 photo WoDPicture01_07_2014_-_21_35_27_zps5447aa0b.png
my ladies of the sea name, forgot to upload other image of it's other location
 photo WoDPicture01_07_2014_-_16_52_08_zps97b434eb.png
 photo WoDPicture01_07_2014_-_16_50_35_zps9a5094fc.png

was floating at the top of the water just right that I manage to snag this photo (very hard to do). Almost wished the water was this clear
 photo WoDPicture02_07_2014_-_22_31_03_zpsdab21163.png

up
5 users have voted.

found a cave
 photo WoDPicture03_07_2014_-_22_28_47_zpseb3c95c3.png

up
3 users have voted.

The new release since I basically already know the general structure of the wreck, it can be said that this is a dream boat, looked by far the ship too spectacular, the only regret is, the old effect this wreck do not feel too new, as if just sink to the bottom.

up
0 users have voted.

I was wondering sarge, if you had the money, would you have the HMS Tranquility build in real life? And if so, would you sail it or sink it?

up
1 user has voted.

If I won the lottery I'd think about it. But that also depends on how much it'd actually would cost to build it in real life.

up
0 users have voted.

I think the hardest choice for me would be whether to sail it or sink it for diving, if money wasn't part of the equation.

up
4 users have voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

Found two bridge like rocks, south of the raft.

up
2 users have voted.

Hui nice screenshots :) I hope we will see some of them as wallpaper in the future!

up
11 users have voted.

Ok, these were really hard for me to take but I think you'll enjoy them
 photo WoDPicture07_07_2014_-_22_22_45_zpsf87f9637.png
 photo WoDPicture07_07_2014_-_22_22_50_zpsa575e7b3.png
 photo WoDPicture07_07_2014_-_22_24_32_zps88feaed9.png
 photo WoDPicture07_07_2014_-_22_13_43_zps43fcddb8.png
 photo WoDPicture07_07_2014_-_22_21_09_zpsbb8d5f4f.png

up
2 users have voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

Can't belief you've managed to get five of them.
Awesome pictures!

up
0 users have voted.

Like those, check out these new ones. Maybe when I get back from camp I'll try to get some of Yongala.

up
5 users have voted.

Note they are not all the same, I couldn't decide which one was the best angle to post so I posted them all here. Also too bad that the water can't be this clear ^_^

photo WoDPicture08_07_2014_-_22_44_53_zps14efa49e.png
 photo WoDPicture08_07_2014_-_22_45_20_zps4a4f0d9f.png
 photo WoDPicture08_07_2014_-_22_43_50_zps9a0bf05d.png
 photo WoDPicture08_07_2014_-_22_44_21_zpsfd726ebb.png
 photo WoDPicture08_07_2014_-_22_44_16_zps88a875f8.png
 photo WoDPicture08_07_2014_-_22_49_39_zps930d1b42.png
 photo WoDPicture08_07_2014_-_22_46_25_zpsbcc0c8b5.png
 photo WoDPicture08_07_2014_-_22_50_05_zpsb2059a44.png
 photo WoDPicture08_07_2014_-_22_45_56_zps19f25e2a.png

up
0 users have voted.

Wow, great job on getting those. Please explain your method in snapping the shots since I only know one method and you have to be super quick at getting the capture, and even then, the millisecond of viewing the scene is so fast, it's nearly impossible to time it right. So clearly you have a new and easier way of doing it. It's odd how you don't see any coral or plantlife in the shots.

up
0 users have voted.

Look closely, the first five you can see the plant life.

up
0 users have voted.

I would choose the 8th screenshot. But they are all nice Brony!

How did you take these without the fog which is always shown when you swim around.

up
6 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

haha, stop messing with our bugs! :P
up
0 users have voted.

But we like to mess around!
I think if we don't do that you won't find all bugs. *g*

The best bugs will hide till some other people get thier hands on the game :)

up
1 user has voted.

But this one is a fun bug to play with.

up
6 users have voted.

I'm actually floating at the surface when I take those shots. I have the camera out and I just look down into the water until my view changes to being underwater, then I quickly look back up till my head surfaces again. I do a couple of those quick head nods till I have my head just above the surface and I wait. When doing this, if you pay attention you'll see like coral or the dust clouds from the surface. I try to focus my attention on them. But after doing that and waiting the screen will (blue water) move up revealing whats below, but be careful because the slightest movement can drop it back down. Then I just rapidly take a pic, view & save then take another till the screen resets itself back to normal.

I hope this helps, if I could record the process I would but I don't have the software (or the time) to do one.

up
0 users have voted.

No problem I will try this sometime. It seems pretty easy and I think it is also a bug in the engine *g*

up
4 users have voted.
Dreadwroth's picture
Thanks for all the fish

When I saw the tail bits for the first time, I was freaked out enough that I scuttled under a coral just in case it was an Architeuthis Dux waiting to say hi. Then I realized what I was actually looking at and promptly felt really silly.
I really hope sharks are the spookiest critters we have to swim with, a big squid would be too much for me.

up
4 users have voted.

Wanted to share this photo I took Saturday of Wartom51 on the rocks of the second island near the Tranquility.

up
7 users have voted.

Lol Phaota, I too have a photo of you

up
0 users have voted.

Awesome shot, Wartom. :) That rock edge is way too sharp though. Needs to be rounded and smoothed a bit.

up
8 users have voted.
martb6's picture
Scuba diver

A pic of my first dive.
 photo WoDPicture02_08_2014_-_14_02_02.png

up
1 user has voted.

Nice first dive pic, welcome to the community and how do you like the game so far ^_^

up
2 users have voted.

What I'd like to know is why is it still called Brony? I thought it would change to HMS Tranquility two updates ago?