Discussion about our shipwreck #1

up
34 users have voted.

Hi divers!

So here we are! We can now design our shipwreck!

First want to say thanks to Vertigo to give us the opportunity to made this!

Before we reach the stretch goal, we can start talking Peacefully about our future dive site.
To get no confuse, I suggest to make it in few step like this:

.Step 1: Nature of the shipwreck (Ship, plane, underwater city, ruins, big cave, UFO...any idea we have)

.Step 2: Age of the shipwreck (from 10 OOO B.C to today)

.Step 3: Wait to reach at least 1000$ to continue...Vote for an Idea

.Step4: talk about the shipwreck itself (like a cargo for a ship as an Aztek temple for Ruins)

So if everybody agree with me we can slowly start step 1.

Ps:If I miss something or any things else, we can speak about and update the topic

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pledgers Propositions:

• Flor de la Mar By Krisper
  • -
    Edit: Your are free to give Upvote for the one you like and you better do!, when the time had come, the most upvoted proposition will be retain for a final Vote :)

up
    23 users have voted.

What did you have in mind?

I personally would like to have a sunken oil rig as a wreck. Something like the Deep water Horizon, but collapsed to the ocean floor. A lot of pipes and twisted metals, but also crew quarters to dive in, and then one of its pillars still standing tall between the wreckage. And maybe, but this is thinking far ahead, we could have a locker room, where everyone who backed this wreck will have a nameplate on a locked door.

Also we need a system we all agree upon for voting and such stuff. I say the most votes win, but a Dev will always have final say. In case we all vote for something which is beyond our budget or just not feasible.

up
    10 users have voted.

That could be a nice wreck to dive through.

up
    12 users have voted.

Interesting idea, Reiner. I like it. Though a sunken WWII-style battleship would be even better. One with lots of rooms, debris, decay, fish and marine life of many varieties, etc. As with your sunken oil rig concept, the ship could also have a crew quarters and a backers nameplate room.

up
    6 users have voted.

That would be nice too, because the thing the yongala is missing the most in my opinion is internal room to swim. And a big warship will have a lot of holds and rooms to discover, like a man-made metal cave system. But we're also getting the Bismarck, so maybe we could find out how big the Bismarck world will be within the ship itself, and see if we really need another warship.

up
    16 users have voted.

I personnaly think about an underwater city ruins.

• Old city ruins like Atlantis (our imagination could be "explosive" with temple, tunnel, little house, old objects to discover and mistery to resolve)
    • Modern city ruins like a city on an Island who "sunken" after a Tsunami (road, cars, trucks, church, buildings on party!)

Technically is not a shipwreck i suppose so i don't know if Vertigo will accept this.
    It will give a lot of work for sure to the dev, but it could be a dive site with many things that everybody can work/design on it.

As for this kind of dive site or an another one that we choose, Dev. are free to ask for little more money if they estimate it worth, that's my thinking. And it can be created step by step.

Keep Idea comming!

up
    14 users have voted.

I think it would be really cool to build a real shipwreck that has never been found. We can discover it for the first time in WOD. Something like the Flor De La Mar. It was lost that long ago there wouldn't be much left of it, but I think it would be really cool to find something like this. http://www.britainexplorer.com/top-ten-lost-treasures.html

The Flor de la Mar (Flower of the Sea) was a 400 ton Portuguese carrack (frigate) built in Lisbon during 1502. The naval history of the ship was impressive and it was involved in the battle of Diu, the subjugation of Goa and the capture of Malacca.

Captained by Alfonso de Albuquerque the ship was loaded with a vast treasure taken from Malacca as well as tributes from the King of Siam. According to various historical accounts it was the largest treasure ever assembled in the history of the Portuguese navy. The Flor de la Mar set sail for Portugal, together with four other ships, but was caught in a violent storm in the Straits of Malacca. On the 20th November 1511 it was shipwrecked on the reefs of Sumatra. The ship broke in two and although Alfonso was saved, the treasure and many young slaves were lost to the waves.

The exact location of the shipwreck is confused, probably due to the inaccurate maps of the time. It is considered the richest treasure still to be found.

Treasure: Contents of the Flor de La Mar
    Lost: 1511
    Current Estimated Value: $2.6 Billion + (54,431kg of Gold x $49,000 per Kg)
    Contents: Gold goblets, silver plate and extensive gold bullion

up
    6 users have voted.

I Really like your proposition Krisper! Really!

But in fact, i would prefer a shipwreck that we could create with OUR imagination if you know what i mean.

Like after we decide what kind of wreck we want to create, everybody can propose his concept art of the wreck (lot of here have skills for this, even those who don't have [like me] can propose somethings interesting) then we got a vote again.

May i have a different vision for the roll-out of the community shipwreck but i will really enjoy something that everybody can participate with something he had more than his money. That's my thinking and things can turn in different way no prob of that.

PS: Don't be mad that i'm not upvoting your idea Krisper even i really like it and if happen i will be very happy :)

up
    3 users have voted.

Yeah, that would be a great idea as well. That photo is wrong though, for an example. If the ship broke in two, it would look perfect bad off, as well as the masts being torn to pieces. BTW, Krisper, why don't you add you characters facial shot as your avatar?

up
    4 users have voted.

The website sometimes defaults your avatar, happened to me a couple of times too.

This is a nice wreck idea because it has a cool history surrounding it, but what if they discover it, and we're stuck with a wreck that looks nothing like the real thing?

up
    3 users have voted.

Yeah, I know the picture is wrong, but that is the picture on the website that mentioned it so I was guessing it was a representation of the actual ship. It would have to be in a broke up state to be really cool I think.

Not sure why my avatar disappeared. I'll fix it.

up
    3 users have voted.

Totally want this one! Ship itself looks amazing.And if we get metal detectors we could just spend whole day trying to find all this gold :P

up
    3 users have voted.

Well, with Brony's creation, were already going into fantasy wrecks, so even if this one was made and it wasn't accurate to the real one (when discovered), no big deal.

up
    6 users have voted.

Proposing another idea: underwater Ruins of a Temple or Palace - with hidden passages and secret rooms to find and explore. These passages/rooms sometimes leading to various outside areas of the temple / palace grounds. There are groupings of mysterious stone figures and statues, perhaps meant to stand as permanent worshipers of a mysterious forgotten long ago deity or royal family. There are wells to dive down, that could even lead to an underwater cavern. This might be more achievable than an underwater city, as it is smaller, yet provides the same ambiance for those of us who like the idea of this type of "shipwreck." Cheers!

up
    3 users have voted.

So, you want something like the Triton Village Ruins in the Ciceros Strait from "Endless Ocean: Blue World" game.

up
    4 users have voted.

That is one of many background inspirations to create a new type of Ruins of a Temple or Palace in WoD, yes. Of course, I am endlessly inspired by Endless Ocean, lol, always a big fan. However, this is WoD, this is a new dive site, and the community may have lots of ideas to build up and flesh out some Ruins of a Temple or Palace. It could go many directions.

up
    5 users have voted.

Wow, those are some really nice ideas for a dive site to have. Also, if you don't mind I'll toss in my idea for one, even tho I already have a ship I think you might like it.

This ship will include elements of both fantasy and real (and no its not another pony ship) that has both deep roots in history and legend but has no actual description to it and her whereabouts. The ship I'm referring to is none other then the Flying Dutchman.

The ship can be based off both real encounters reports that's documented throughout history but also can very easily be edit and shape to the voting community decision. Also, instead of wall lockers with backers names on them how about skeletal remains (some dive sites do contain human remains) that'll have our names appear above it when a diver gets close enough to it (think like when your in a multiplayer session with everyone's name appearing above them, but only when you get close).

Also, like I said the ship has no real definitive shape or form and so we can mold it to our liking on the oceans floor.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
    5 users have voted.

Ever saw the movie The Abbys. I would love a flooded base like their underwater base.

up
    3 users have voted.

Yeah, "The Abyss" is a favorite film of mine. A sunken deep sea diving base would be interesting. Maybe for later, though, right now a ship of some kind would be better IMO.

up
    1 user has voted.

Ooo, been forever since I seen that movie. The best part has to be at the end when he raises the entire underwater station to the surface with his new friends.

up
    2 users have voted.

Best movie ever :D

up
    4 users have voted.

I think 1500 buys us a boat, not a whole city hahaha!

raymalone

up
    1 user has voted.

Question, what does everyone think about this one http://divegame.net/node/57660#new

up
    2 users have voted.

That could be nice, but I think it would be more fun to see what creative content we can come up with the community, after all, we will have to rival your brainchild in creativity ;-)

up
    2 users have voted.

As long as we get a submarine to visit it, I'll be happy :D

up
    3 users have voted.

what about something like "'Lost' City of Atlantis" !!

I´m an IT Manager, Programmer, Diver, Magician, Chef looking forward to write my first book, would love to become a Private Pilot, learning to flight in simulators. Living life at beautiful Barcelona 100 meters from the sea. Keep in touch and Rock On!

up
    2 users have voted.

I think after seeing what Sgt_Brony's project we can set realistic expectations as to what our collective 1500$ will buy us. I think that wreck was a lot of work and the results speak for themselves, anything along that quality will be fine by me!

Hoping for something more modern to make it different than what is currently available!

cheers

raymalone

up
    1 user has voted.

thank you for the complement. to be honest my shipwreck was more then what I was initially expecting, with all the detail and surrounding areas.

up
    1 user has voted.

Nobody has any other ideas?

up
    13 users have voted.
    Richard's picture
    Poseidon

instead of a wreck, why not something like this?

built in the 60s, but was abandoned and completely flooded?

up
    1 user has voted.

Thats a nice idea, but won't that be a little too much for 1500$?

up
    7 users have voted.
    Richard's picture
    Poseidon

Building a base is the same amount of work as building a shipwreck. of course it depends on the size of the underwater base ;)

up
    4 users have voted.

Ok good to know =D are there still plans for being able to walk the island eventually? Because if so then it would be really cool to have a operational dive base like the one Cousteau used recently for his record.

up
    7 users have voted.

Hm a community underwater base that could be a nice addtion to the game.

up
    1 user has voted.

Not a bad idea but it'll have to have plenty of rooms for us to explore around in.

up
    2 users have voted.

Now that is a cool idea.

up
    1 user has voted.

Nice one!
    aahhh 60's/70's....

up
    3 users have voted.

This makes me think of a secret Bond villain hideout.

up
    2 users have voted.

Came across this today for a wreck idea. It a video of the half sunken Costa Concordia cruise ship by Italy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k70Cy6UW_A

up
    2 users have voted.

if cousteau did it then so can WOD! hahaha

cheers

raymalone

up
    3 users have voted.

If we were going for an underwater base I would prefer a fully operational base, ie not flooded. I think this would be a great hang place to meet up between dives, especially if we could have voice and text chat activated inside the base. Not sure what the devs would think about this though, not exactly a ship wreck and would pose extra challenges, like no water inside, access holes to the ocean outside, etc

Oh, and a submarine dock for operational submarines ... just kidding :P

up
    2 users have voted.

how about a base like this from James Bond

up
    1 user has voted.

Wow, now that would be awesome.

up
    3 users have voted.

You do know this is a diving game, right? :P We can have an underwater hotel and a place to meet up in the same location. Really, I think the diver base pool location, around the pool (not in it), would be a perfect avatar meeting place for open air chatting and whatnot. In concerns to the voice chatting, there are diving helmets that have voice communication. They used them in "The Abyss", and more recently, Wes Anderson's film "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" (with those, they had to press a button on the regulator to talk).

up
    5 users have voted.

Yeah, I know this is a diving game, I have backed it since day 1. Why would an operational diving base not be an option for a diving game?

I am just throwing a suggestion in here, while we wait for more pledgers. Once we get closer to the full amount we can start some serious voting on the best idea.

up
    2 users have voted.

" Once we get closer to the full amount we can start some serious voting on the best idea." Agreed!

That why i write "Discussion", wating for the idea came up and then build a solid vote.
    It's nice here, peace and quiet, i really appriciate doing this with you (Wod Community).

(just came back from Holland, sry Reinier didn't have time to contact you for the only day i spend to Den Haag)

up
    1 user has voted.

No problem buddy, did you enjoy the Netherlands?

up
    2 users have voted.

Totally with you on this Krisper, but like you pointed out, this may be above our budget. If so, we might be able to get a raised budget from our devs, and see of we can hit that goal?

up
    3 users have voted.

AS the underwater base is still inside the proposal bucket, I'd like to say it again... If u want a flooded base, watch the Abbys. It's the best example of how it could look like!!!!!!!!!

up
    1 user has voted.

The Abbys? Please explain.

up
    3 users have voted.

Pages