PC Drivers for the Xbox One Controller

up
8 users have voted.

Windows will, from today, have full support for Xbox one controllers! I know there's been some discussion on what kind of controller to buy, so I thought this might be interesting news to share. I'm definitely thinking about getting a Xbox one controller instead of a 360 now.

Read the article here

up
3 users have voted.

are they rechargeable out of the box?

up
3 users have voted.

Nope, this is a list of some of the changes compared to a 360 controller. The Xbox One controller will work on AA batteries out the box, but you can buy a rechargeable pack and turn it into a rechargeable.

up
3 users have voted.

WTF Microsoft, its 2014 I shouldn’t have to worry about buying and replacing AA batteries for my controler, ya you can buy a power pack separately but you shouldn’t have too, it’s like buying a cell phone and them telling you oh it comes with batteries but if you want to recharge it you have to pay us to get the rechargeable upgrade pack separately. Sony has made all of their stuff rechargeable as a standard even back when the ps3 launched.

up
3 users have voted.

I don't really care about using batteries or not, my keyboard and mouse use them as well, so do the clocks in my house and the remote controls for blue ray and TV. I need to go buy batteries anyway so a couple more for a controller won't hurt. And I wouldn't like to start playing only to find out my controller needs charging, I'd rather just swap the batteries. But different people different strokes off course.

up
7 users have voted.

that's why I like my wired xbox controller, no batteries needed

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
3 users have voted.

I personally prefer to have AA batteries inside my device like mouse or keyboard, why? because you put your batteries and you change them 1 or 2 Years after and your not oblige to charge everyday...
As for the controller I will my aa batteries have 2/3 month of life when I play alot, it's seem shortly but it's fine for me, and i put batteries on a remote for a second life...
Lithium batteries su***, at the beginning is good but after one years of use you get trouble and you oblige to stay linked to a cable (even if you charge correctly every time by respecting the batteries). It's my opinion, so don't be afraid by AA batteries it's still the best!

up
2 users have voted.

Someone who had the 360 and One controller can feedback us? I'm curious....

up
2 users have voted.
Skyblade's picture
Scuba diver

Personnaly I still prefer playing with mouse and keyboard than using a controller... I feel like I have less control with a pad :-/ So I'm not using a controler except on some games where it is more convenient (like car racing) but it's nice to see Microsoft is giving drivers for their pads

up
1 user has voted.

I have to say, since o got my controller yesterday, I really like to use it with WoD! You have more control over swimspeed, and are more agile because you're not limited to the end of your mouse pad when rotating. I takes a little getting used to, because the last time I used a controller was ps one when I was a kid =p but I'm glad I bought one to use on WoD =D

up
1 user has voted.

Yeah, I actually use my controller more now than before, but I do alternate between it and keyboard/mouse setup. Though I don't have the mouse limitations like most since mine is a trackball.