Prefabricated letters

up
14 users have voted.

For inspiration as to what you might write to a sponsor, I'll post the letters I use as a base for the ones I tailor to specific companies. Perhaps we can come up with one letter everybody can use, or a couple that would work for a lot of people?

Let's share thoughts!

------------------------------------------------------Sponsor------------------------------------------------------

Dear Madam / Sir,

We would like to draw your attention to World Of Diving. One of the most outstanding dive games in development at the moment.

First we would like to clarify that we’re not affiliated with the development team or publisher, we are just very enthusiastic backers of this project. This game has a tight knit community, and this is just one of the ways we’re all trying to help out the developers making this game reach its full potential.

While discussing all aspects of this game on the official forum, we realized we wouldn’t be coming across real-life brands and dive equipment because of copyrights and such. But in this drawback we also saw a possibility. One which we think will benefit both our game, and your company. We are, off course, talking about sponsorship. You help our developers, and in return you’ll get some nice exposure to not just gamers, but also the diving community.

We hope we’ve told you just enough to make you curious enough to come and visit our website and forum. A forum with a special sub-forum just for potential sponsors like yourself.

So please visit us at www.divegame.net to meet us, get in touch with the developers, and perhaps even try the game yourself?

We hope to welcome you on our forums soon!

Kind regards,

The World of Diving community.

------------------------------------------------------Journalists---------------------------------------------------

Dear Madam / Sir,

We would like to draw your attention to World Of Diving. One of the most outstanding dive games in development at the moment.

First we would like to clarify that we’re not affiliated with the development team or publisher, we are just very enthusiastic backers of this project. This game has a tight knit community, residing on our official forum, and this is just one of the ways we’re all trying to help out the developers making this game reach its full potential.

We could tell you a lot about this game with its fast growing community, but we figured we should do this in our own style, and that means opening a special sub-forum for journalists. A forum made with the intention of making your job as easy as possible. A place where you can ask us everything you want to know, see gameplay videos and pictures, and easily find everything that you might need to write an article.

So please visit us at www.divegame.net to meet us, get in touch with the developers, and perhaps even try the game yourself?

We hope to welcome you on our forums soon!

Kind regards,

(A member of) The World of Diving community.

-------
Ps. Feel free to use these!

up
7 users have voted.

BigUp Reinier!
Thanks for taking time to made all of this topics!
It's very helpfull!

up
3 users have voted.
Dexlysic's picture
Thanks for all the fish

Thanks for making the time to write up this letter! I proposed that we contact "sponsors" earlier on, but unfortunately due to life circumstances, I haven't been around as much as I would like. Fortunately, things appear to be panning out for the better, so I hope to see you all in the ocean soon!

up
5 users have voted.

good to hear things are working out Dexlysic, we noticed your absence on the forum and I'm happy you're back =)

up
4 users have voted.
Dexlysic's picture
Thanks for all the fish

Thanks, very much. :)

up
3 users have voted.
cookieke's picture
Shark whisperer

Contacted 9lives.be a big belgium gaming community

up
2 users have voted.

Cool!! Thanks for reaching out on behalf of the community!

up
3 users have voted.

I just reached out to SSI Scuba Schools International. I really hope they consider this... Would be amazing to have a dive certification issuer on board.

up
1 user has voted.

Top job! Let's hope they'll respond =D

up
0 users have voted.

We should reach out to Sea-Doo and see if they would like to put their RS1 branding on our scooters :P

up
1 user has voted.

Make it so, we could really use some sponsored dive equipment I think!

up
0 users have voted.

Will do later today!