Who has ordered the DK2?

up
11 users have voted.

Hi,

Anyone else out there ordered the Oculus Rift DK2?
I put mine in about a week after it's announcement, cant wait for delivery.
Anyone else?

up
7 users have voted.

I ordered mine the day it was announced. Can't wait for the higher res and positional tracking!

up
6 users have voted.

Think I'm waiting for the customer kit, still a bit expensive for me.

up
4 users have voted.
Thanks for all the fish

I've ordered one but after they announced that 25000 of them had already been preordered. Guess I'll be waiting a while before I get mine.

up
3 users have voted.
Need for speed-boat

august me :/

up
1 user has voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Anyone received the DK2 yet?

up
0 users have voted.

I ordered the DK2 the day it was open for pre-order, but I have heard nothing since. :(

up
3 users have voted.

I just got notification that my order has progressed, they haven't taken final payment yet, but it looks like it will happen soon. Can't wait!

up
2 users have voted.
cookieke's picture
Shark whisperer

No but i maybe grab it later on just had a child born and this costs also alot :p

up
1 user has voted.

Congratulations on the newborn cookieke, and welcome to the forum /game =)

up
1 user has voted.

I think I will get a DK2 for christmas. I hope it is so good as everybody say it is ^^

up
1 user has voted.

Mine has been shipped, I have a tracking notice!

up
0 users have voted.
dpmcalli's picture
Sea admiral

I got my DK2 this week and have managed to get WoD working and posted about it here

http://divegame.net/node/74732

The main issue is the performance on my 7950 and lots of judder (but pretty much everything has this as the SDK and runtimes need updates). Also the charater model scale is laughable out! It feels like you have tiny doll arms.

up
2 users have voted.

Can some of you guy's who got the DK2 give a review of it with Wod? Would love to know what you guy's think about the DK2 and if it is good enough to buy it yet before the customer version comes out.

up
2 users have voted.
dpmcalli's picture
Sea admiral

If you have to think about it - wait! Honestly Its so early at the moment to jump into VR. The SDK only bearly works and there very little content at the moment. Dont get me wrong I love the Rift and think its an amazing bit of kit. But its not ready for consumers yet.

up
4 users have voted.
Honeybadger's picture
Aye aye captain!

I'm waiting until they get the bugs ironed out. When it's all set in stone, I plan to order it. I was into VR back when Sega Genesis was going to push out it's own VR set. A shame that didn't work out, or we'd likely be beyond Rift now.

Strange how it all works out in the end I suppose. Glad to see VR back on the map.

If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
- Abraham Lincoln

up
2 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

I did pre-ordered a DK2 too. Waiting to have confirmation for order since two weeks now, but this is normal.

up
3 users have voted.
Rhapsodae's picture
Sea admiral

Im intrigued by it all. Especially playing the demo of Eve Valkyre. But I dont want to take the risk of an unfinished product and will wait out the Consumer kit.

up
0 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

I got mine since a month now more or less and I find the DK2 a finished product. The only thing is that it doesn't met the standards of our times for some things, but mainly the resolution.

The effect you have is a zoom on a screen so even if the resolution is not that bad (half HD per eye) you see the world as if you were a bee, through a grill of pixels.

It shows how the product is not finished : the quality is there, it seems to be quite solid, well done, no structural bugs nor defaults I could see, but this "finished" product is not "finished" in the sens that you don't have a full experience without distractions.

up
1 user has voted.

Will the consumer version be much more expensive? What do you guys think?

up
0 users have voted.

would love to get one, but no cash right now, maybe next year, dk3? :p

I´m an IT Manager, Programmer, Diver, Magician, Chef looking forward to write my first book, would love to become a Private Pilot, learning to flight in simulators. Living life at beautiful Barcelona 100 meters from the sea. Keep in touch and Rock On!

up
0 users have voted.
huszarl's picture
Poseidon

I think WOD is a very great with Oculus Rift. Because once you start this, you won't he able to stop again :)