S.S Yongala Expedition: Wreck Map, Pics and FeedBack

up
55 users have voted.

Hi Divers!

Being around the net reading some information about the S.S Yongala, our first exploration wreck!
So I pick up some nice plans of the wreck that i wanted to share with you! With that you will not get lost in a water...
SS Yongala sank off Cape Bowling Green, Queensland, Australia on 23 March 1911.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------Feel Free to post Feedback and pics ---------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers!

up
20 users have voted.

It's interesting to see the the first "first class toilets" are writed, it might be a "must see"!^^
I'm not sure that we will see all the species mention on the pics, but i recognize some that i saw around the pool or during the easter eggs.

up
11 users have voted.

Demo a look at the new maps, I feel great, this is the first relatively large area map, for the first time to find the wreck of the trip from the city, but when I found the wreck when the heart is really excited, this ship is so beautiful.

up
19 users have voted.

Thanks for the images lejki. I'am some kind of curius to dive in to that wreck. Where can I find it? ;)

up
17 users have voted.

Cape Bowling Green, Queensland, Australia (i write it on the main topic...maybe you miss it!^^).
Wki Page here
A video Here of the marine life around the wreck.
The location :

up
10 users have voted.

According to the map, the location of the sinking of the ship from the St. Martin Island, a short distance but the journey is not too far away, so I'm looking forward to this adventure.

up
13 users have voted.

Nice topic lejkl! We can always rely on you to make a good thread! Cool maps, really excited to find out how accurate the devs designed our own Yongala!

up
13 users have voted.

Nice lejkl. Don't they know when you put a sign that says 'Do NOT Enter' that it is just asking to be entered.

up
6 users have voted.

With the all time being...Yes! It's a map for a Real expedition but as we are in a video game we all do like we didn't see that! I'm sure our curiosity will receive some dangerous surprise neatly prepare by The Dev. Team...

up
4 users have voted.
Vassago's picture
Triton

Soooo true :) like on the easter even with the cave advertisement lol :)

up
7 users have voted.
KillerMustang's picture
Kraken

Oh yeah, Krisper. What do they think I'm going to check out first? The stuff that I'm actually allowed to enter? No way! I'm going for the cool stuff!

Thanks for all of the pics, lejkl. I was planning on looking into it a little myself, but you beat me to it and provided all of the information I wanted in an organized fashion. I seriously appreciate it! You saved me a fair amount of time. Solid work, kind sir!

up
5 users have voted.

How you will begin your exploration of this wreck?

Me, I will start to explore the environment of the Yongala, swim around, observe species and the ship to see how he had been models by Dev. Like a piece of plate you like that you keep for end, I will after enter inside the wreck.
With all of that, I would like explore the wreck with people! I will prepare The Nautilus for the event!^^

Edit: always normal to share info that I looking for with the community if that infos might be is worth considering.
Glad the you appreciate!!

up
31 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

and to get you all a little bit more excited, here are two in-game screenshots!
(work in progress ofcourse)

up
2 users have voted.

Ouuuu...the tension is growing! It's look awesome, I'm already getting cold...contrast look like already perfect!

up
4 users have voted.

I can't wait to dive that baby!! I really hope the release will be this weekend because I got Monday off work so I'll have something useful to do instead of paying bills and doing laundry haha

up
5 users have voted.

OMG, they look like real photos!

up
1 user has voted.
Vassago's picture
Triton

Effectively, i need to watch twice and read again to be sure its ingames progress :)

up
1 user has voted.
Ganjo's picture
Shark whisperer

wow... just brilliant work....

up
6 users have voted.
yago's picture
Kraken

well thats officialy awesome.
You guys really have worked on the lighting and color in the enviroment. This is a 10

up
3 users have voted.
Vassago's picture
Triton

lol 11 :)

up
1 user has voted.

Okay wow...

When can we see it in the game I have to see it and dive in it!

up
4 users have voted.

The effect of that wreck the game do great, people are excited, really can not wait and want to explore the wreck Qianrushuidi a secret.

up
4 users have voted.

This will be awesome!

Thanks for all these exciting news

up
2 users have voted.
Vassago's picture
Triton

Amazing really cool this game just will be the best !

up
2 users have voted.
KillerMustang's picture
Kraken

Looks fantastic, guys! I'm seriously looking forward to getting to dive there. Who knows? Maybe I'll get a few friends to tag along. Can't wait!

up
13 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

The Yongala map will be released in the coming week!

We've been working on this update for some time now, so you can expect lots of changes & game fixes like: gameplay and control changes, AI behaviour, Interface, lighting visuals and much more! :)

up
4 users have voted.

Nice,nice and nice! So it's gone a be a real huge update!!
You guys have merit!
Hang on!
And bigs thanks in advance! Also thanks to keep us inform!

up
5 users have voted.

WOOHOO! Because there are so many changes, could we get a change log so we know what to look for and test?

Can't wait to play!

up
5 users have voted.

Change log would be great!

Same here, can't wait for the new update.

up
2 users have voted.

Excellent news! Looks like I signed up just at the right time. Can't wait. :)

up
3 users have voted.

Ingame screenshots almost looking like photo's.... Amazing work guys, now stop all this teasing and release something new for us :p

up
2 users have voted.
ahmbouth's picture
Poseidon

can't wait :) the screenshots looks amazing

up
3 users have voted.
Dreadwroth's picture
Thanks for all the fish

That looks really great, can't wait to explore it.

up
4 users have voted.
Lafrules's picture
Sea admiral

Looks great. I like the lighting which indicate it will probably be a deep one. I'm looking forward to it

up
2 users have voted.

Yes I think this will be a nice depth to really put our flashlights to the test =D

up
1 user has voted.

Or our pullover...
All in all during the next week we all get exciting and gradually more days after days!
Hope Dev will not give to us a date/day of releasing and just put it as a surprise like for the Easter eggs!

up
1 user has voted.

And hopefully our scooters! But I think it will take a little time for the devs to finish these

up
1 user has voted.

Monday 05/12/2014. 7 Days to Wait (at the maximum).
Hang on Dev, have a nice week even so and enjoy your work!

Edit: if there must be a delay for this new area it's because it's must be so no worry i think we will not worry if it had to happen , it's your game and better is a things when it's like you want than you don't want.

up
7 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

That's right. We are working around the clock to create this new dive spot and we want only the best for the community. So our apologies if it takes a bit longer than anticipated. But it is for the best.
up
3 users have voted.

Even if there are bugs in it we will find them :) But don't worry about us we all love what we got so far and I have to say that you should take your time.

up
3 users have voted.

"Yongala mission (0/1)(75 XP)"...
Get prepared everybody! it's coming soon!

up
1 user has voted.

Great, now I won't be able to concentrate at work.... Or life actually....

up
3 users have voted.

Feeling same my friend!

up
4 users have voted.

I'm gonne go get my mask and fins ready, it add's to the experience :p

up
6 users have voted.
Dexlysic's picture
Thanks for all the fish

I think I can speak on behalf of the community and say that everyone is bursting at the seams with excitement!!!! I am so incredibly ready to jump into this dive. Curious to see the new gameplay changes, fish AI, and everything else the Dev team has been slaving away on.

From the community to the Vertigo Dev team.... Thank you so much, guys!!!

up
7 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

Your welcome. We hope you will enjoy this new dive spot. All your support and excitement is a great way to keep us going. We also can't wait to release this new map, so you can all explore the new features.
up
13 users have voted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------First impression------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Word : AWESOME!

Thanks you, will return after write this!

This update is really huge! Fist the menu change for a better looking and some new option appear like graphical settings. Starting by made choice : Get stuck in a pool or enjoy S.S Yongala? Of course S.S. Yongala.

Lost in the middle of the ocean, standing on a raft. you get equipement and you DIVE!

-
You get afraid or just impress by the new color (it's pretty deep donwthere, some of a dark blue),new ambient song, sharks look real. Or is Just maybe because you see fish avoid now and you decide to stop the game and get a shower... nO don't get afraid, Vertigo is just in the process to create the best diving game ever! (See the change log) and also if you press Start they offer you to take your hand and show the area.

Take a deep breath, and go down, whoa, song took you on right ambiance, it's deep where i go? (computer dive might showing the way, new option too!)

and you found it!

Alone, big, on the cold water...

I start by swimming around, discover how it is:

The ocean vegetation had taken life on the boat (plants now moove when you pass)

Swimming around the boat to observe and look the awesome work:

Starting exploration inside boat after toured the boat

-------------------------------------------------------------Engine Room :-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------First Class Toilet :--------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------bath water-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discovering Some species around and on the wreck:

DON't GO FAR AWAY:

and you don't forget to do the tradionnal "Kiss a fish":

Amazing video game experience (don't have a rift....yet), peacefull (althougt cold in this deep water...), again i know what i follow this early access.
Keep the good work Vertigo, i like and enjoy you game you're creating!

time to dive with the community!

up
3 users have voted.

Wah, the ship was really beautiful, close contact to find it, is so huge and there are spectacular, the update package now download the game, and quickly installed after the sea.

up
4 users have voted.

Nice story lejkl! Can't believe you've found a new girlfriend fish already ;-) it seems the new AI is no match for your French Charmes!

up
2 users have voted.

AI fish working fine don't worry...As you said, I'm French! ^^

up
1 user has voted.

Pages