Community Words! or "Why i decide to support WoD!"

up
32 users have voted.

Welcome New Comers!

Inside this topic you will found some words, feedback or any kind of declaration about WoD from the community.

Maybe this will help you to your decision of pre-puchasing the game, if you doubt.

PS: The title say all, make a declaration (of love) about WoD, why you had purchase already the game...I invite you to Edit your comment after Update in case you want share more excitement!

up
22 users have voted.

For me, i found WoD on Steam Greenlight! After 30s of video i started to say "i want to try it!".
Unfortunatly the game wasn't here yet....Then i came on a site.
I saw "register and start unlock in game rewards", i register and pre-purchase at the same time because i saw a second video on the indiegogo WoD page (crownfunding campaign that i miss to)! After, i met the community, read interesting topic on the forum and more.

Since Stage0 came with 3 update (new huge one on the way!), to told me why i spend my money. (Graph, immersion, environement...etc.. everything is awesome! and i do not play with an occulus!!)
I do Know endless Ocean but never had a chance to play it before, saddly...WoD is my chance, i always wanted play a diver without kill something, thanks Vertigo!

What i saw In WoD is a peacefull game with a lot of fun reflected by the awesome community here!
Yes, we have a great community here, we all do respect eachother, changing words and idea even if we don't like we share our thinking and the best of all is that Dev. reading every post, every ideas and put/pick up in a corner and try to intregate our idea in the extend of their abilities. They speak with us and ask for our advise.

(Sometimes he bring me back in my childhood with J.J Cousteau Documentary....that's why to i support WoD)

If you search a trully Early Acces plus a Diving game, stop here you just found it!

OH, i will forget, you will not regret!

up
17 users have voted.

I read about WoD in a magazine we sell in our store, I normally skip that specific section of the magazine, but thankfully it was as slow day and I had time to kill. I became really interested in this game because I had never heard of a dive game before, and I liked the fact a dutch company was developing it.

I checked out the indiegogo campaign, but seeing it wouldn't reach its goal, and not knowing I would get a refund from the website, I decided not to back it then. When the word was out they were determent to still make the game, I backed it as soon as I could. (Later regretting not backing it earlier but hey, c'est la vie). I hung around the website a bit, subscribed to the newsletter and that was it. I didn't check out the forum because past experiences with forums were pretty negative.

Then one day I got an email about the pool. I dove right in and for some reason checked out the forum. And I haven't missed a single day of this forum since. This community is an school example of how any society should treat itself in my opinion. I simply love how close the devs involve us in the making of this game. They read every post we place on here and they think of everything we talk about. They really made it our game instead of their game, and I am truly thankful for that!

With buying this game, you not only get a rare chance to really help building a game (not just throw money at it) but maybe more valuable, you'll be part of the best community on the internet.

up
14 users have voted.
up
19 users have voted.

I'm not a diver, just a dreamer - I've been snorkeling a couple times but that's it - but I've always wanted to go. When Endless Ocean came out for the Wii, I was hooked. I was Googling around to see if there was a PC port of the game when I discovered World of Diving. None of the other diving games out there offer even close to the amazing range of experience, not to mention the virtual reality immersion, that WoD has planned.

For me, diving is about exploration and discovery; about spotting creatures and objects hiding that you'd never have noticed if you weren't paying attention, and coming across the unexpected. Vertigo's plans to procedurally generate enormous amounts of ocean floor means you never have to return to the same place twice - but you can if you want to, and you probably will want to. Combined with this are specific dive sites, including wrecks to explore, that they are developing in painstaking detail. It's the best of all worlds.

It's been an amazing experience to be part of the development of the game. The developers really have been paying attention to the ideas we discuss here in the community, and they've integrated some things with stunning speed. The Stage 0 dive base version of the game, currently available with pre-order, is already very polished, and far more sophisticated than I ever would have expected the pre-alpha version to be. Our first foray outside of our tube couldn't have been better - a brilliantly thought-up Easter egg hunt to coincide with the holiday, guiding us gently through the environment to track down the hidden objects.

On top of that is the community. The side bar with daily missions on the site might seem silly if you're new here. "XP for posting to the forums?" you might ask. But once you start posting, you become part of the community here - a group of really great, respectful people, with tons of ideas and awesome dialogue.

So welcome to our community! There are members who join and become very active on the forums without pre-purchasing the game, and that's a perfectly valid choice. But if you buy access to the prototype game, you can meet us in the pool and wave "hi" - and there's nothing quite like meeting each other in "person". ;)

up
8 users have voted.

A video-game journalist should come!
Better are the words from the community than others!

up
10 users have voted.

I think this is the nearly the same reason why I found WoD.

And I have also to say this is the best community I know through out the internet.

up
8 users have voted.

Well, for me I saw a great potential game on indiegogo and felt like backing it. That and the chance to build my own ship wreck. Still, I only back promising games that looks to be great and to see what an indie developers can come up with.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
10 users have voted.
ObSean's picture
Scuba diver

I would have to thoroughly agree with this.

By backing games such as this ensure they make it to become what they can,

up
10 users have voted.

I've been waiting for a good diving game for years so when I saw WoD was in development I jumped at the chance to get involved. I only got it today and even at this early stage I'm blown away with what's been achieved so far. The potential for this game is vast so I'm really looking forward to watching the progress. Happy days ahead.

up
5 users have voted.

I've started a micro-pledge run so if you want to show love to the debs, follow me here:

http://divegame.net/node/48013

Cheers!

raymalone

up
9 users have voted.
Chris's picture
Sea admiral

I'm an extremely avid diver (IRL), and found out about World of Diving on a podcast called "Scuba Obsessed"

Since then I've also heard a bit more about it on ScubaBoard (.com), and decided to purchase the pre-order and get going!

I'm loving this concept, because there are long periods of time (deployments, etc) that I have been out of the water WISHING FOR A REALISTIC DIVING GAME!!
And here it is.

The multiplayer aspect is super rad too.

Simple, really. :)

Twenty percent cooler in ten seconds flat!
NKAWTG
IYAMYAS

up
10 users have voted.
Rimardo's picture
Need for speed-boat

I´ve read on 4players.de about it and it was a Grest presentatin in the Indigogo movie ande it is a grest idear.

up
7 users have voted.

I've always been interested in the underwater world, though I do not dive myself. The game came to my attention thanks to nanarocxie's videos on YouTube. Once I saw those, I knew this game was going to be eventually awesome. So far, it has been interesting, though due to the lack of really exciting areas to explore, it's very limited right now (more so with the diver base door being kept shut). I really, really hope the developers get the underwater environment to be as good or better than that found in the beautifully done Nintendo Wii game, Endless Ocean: Blue World. That game is so well done in this regard and the developers of WoD need to take a lot of hints from it to thoroughly enhance the title. For those that haven't seen it, there is a full Let's Play series by ZorackGoesOn, which you can start watching at the link. Enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsmO4V8bXwU&list=PLaVQYuFaXnsweGuuPlfcg0...

up
11 users have voted.
Gaigaozan's picture
Aye aye captain!

I found WoD through a search on Steam, i believe it was something along the lines of mmo, full controller support. After watching the video i was like I wanna try this and here i am. I am interested in diving in real life, unfortunately I can't due to circumstances in real life so i play this to "get my fill" if you know what i mean.

Sincerely,

Gaigaozan

up
5 users have voted.

Welcome Gaigaozan and I hope WOD can give you a little bit of what you cannot get in real life ( in regards to diving) ,
cheers and keep coming here to read more!

raymalone

up
7 users have voted.
First Day Reviews's picture
Shark whisperer

It was this thread that convinced me to back this game, thank you people ;)

up
3 users have voted.

You're welcome, and thank you for backing and letting us know we had a positive effect on you doing so

up
8 users have voted.

"Why i decide to support WoD!"

I don't know actually.

A bit from my history.

When i was a little kid (around 3 á 4 years old), i started to watch Discovery, Animal Planet, National Geographic. I literally watched everyting, and i mean everyting from the morning till late in the evening. I didn't even want to sleep...

I watched literally everyting, from autopsy till crime investigation, till animals and nature, till all kind of things you see in documentary. Everybody at my age watched cartoons, but not me!

I developed a interested in human body's, nature, animals, travel etc. Everything that has to do with humans, nature, animals, and space.

This is how my interested developed into, exploration, discover and dream. I've been looking for games like WoD for years, just for relaxing behind your pc, do someting what isn't possible for me (the never ending money problem), dive around the world, travel around the world, interact with animals or other people.

If i was rich i would travel around the world, interact with people, animals other cultures. Underwater, on land and high up in the sky. If it is mars, venus, pluto, moon or the earth, it doesn't matter!

I'm a big dreamer and i see earth as my home not the country where i live. We are all part of the nature, and nothing is more relaxing then chilling and exploration at the same time!

And this is why i support WoD, it's a relaxing game with a great warm atmosphere. Many games these days is about killing other people, shooting, war etc. I'm getting sick of it, i want also something relaxing, something i want to do my whole life, but i can't because the never ending money problem.

And this is just one of my many interest.

up
7 users have voted.
Scuba diver

Hi there,

Im a 29yo male from Belgium
And I found this game on Steam, so i bought it immediately
The thing is... I never learned to swim, i'm afraid of losing it
but I always wanted to learn to swim, but I cant...
I know very well how beautiful the oceans are, that's why I like playing these sort of games, atleast I can dive in a game :)

up
6 users have voted.
DerHannes's picture
Need for speed-boat

I found the game on Steam "by accicent". I was looking for World of Tanks and found this beautiful game. At first I thought: "A game about diving where nothing bad can happen? What a waste." but than I made up my mind because of the nice look of the game and after I went through the webpage I HAD to support you and pre-order this amazing game.

up
4 users have voted.

Welcome DerHannes ... what a cool way to find WOD. Once you get to know the game and how involved the community are, I am sure you will love it like we all do.

up
5 users have voted.

I found WoD on steam by accident...or because I was bored. Was checking "coming soon" titles and saw WoD so check the hub read a bit and wishlisted it. After 10-15mins more found about the site itself and made an account asap and then saw that you need PayPal for purchase and I personally don't like much PP because of problems some years ago after 20mins trying to convice my sisters to use theirs acc so buy it and I will give her when we see but they were both at work so I was wondering either I have to wait till end of the month for the steam release and prolly buying it from russian trader(because its usually 50% cheaper for them) or sacrfice myself and make a PayPal account...well went for the later and was worth it!

up
2 users have voted.

I don't think many people like Paypal, I would rather avoid them, but when it comes to unknown online purchases, if they offer Paypal, then it is not a bad option. Not that Vertigo are an unknown online seller.

But if you ever get ripped off Paypal will usually look after the buyer. The merchant will have a hard time reversing any decision like that. Unfortunately for sellers, if a customer knows of these exploits, gets the goods and still complains to Paypal and also gets a refund, the seller will find it almost impossible to get their money back.

up
1 user has voted.

I've used Paypal as a buyer and and a seller with a couple of accounts for many years and I can honestly say I have never had a single problem with them.

up
2 users have voted.

Only time I had a problem with PayPal was when I tried to change my account information, I legally changed my last name but they wouldn't believe I was still the same person, took me both my new and old passport and a copy of the royal decreed by which my name was changed and two angry emails before they finally changed it, in the wrong name... But eventually everything worked out fine and I have to say I think they are overall very user friendly. A bit biased to the buyers side perhaps, but I think that's fine as long as sellers realize that.

up
5 users have voted.

While I do not Scuba in RL I do Snorkel/Free Dive and having been born and raised in Florida I am very much into all things ocean. I saw this game green-light on Steam awhile back and was keeping my eye out for it. Last week I decided to check the Steam forum just to see if there was any discussions on the upcoming game and saw that it could already be purchased. I joined the forum and learned as much about it for a couple days before I was able to get the cash flow to purchase it (Am a recent cancer patient so funds are still a bit tight). I saw what a great community was already gathered here so I decided to not only purchase it but also make a few extra pledges. Great decision. This is an awesome game and the community seems to be very cool.

up
3 users have voted.
ToeiRei's picture
Aye aye captain!

RL diver here with too much work and too much distance to the next interesting underwater spots. So no way to just escape my everyday life for some hours. Steam showed the game in the news and I was taking a closer look.

First impressions after solving some tech issues:

• Lovely for relaxing and dreaming
  • Controls are pretty intuitive - as known from ego shooters and all that stuff.
  • Sound is not that far off from reality

Things I do miss:

• Checking bottle pressure / alerts
  • Dive log functionality
  • More interactions with the Environment
  • Waterflow
  • The need to adjust jacket pressure ;)

Fazit
Overall it looks promising and did set my heart under water - So I had to support it.

up
3 users have voted.
Honeybadger's picture
Aye aye captain!

I've always loved all things ocean. When I was a kid, I dreamed of diving. Over the years, I've bought every diving game I could, from PS1's Aquanots Holiday, to the Blue Ocean series on Wii. This one, I felt, was gorgeous looking. And showed alot of potential.

My brother is a trained diver, I wasn't as fortunate. So, for me, this is a great way to live that out and be one with the ocean.

If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
- Abraham Lincoln

up
2 users have voted.
NAUI Diver's picture
Poseidon

I found this game by just pure luck, I only only had steam a few days probably2 weeks and looked up scuba diving. I watched youtube videos for two days and purchased it from steam. Best 20 bucks I ever spent on a game.

up
4 users have voted.

A friend of mine pointed me in the direction of this game since he know how much I've talked about something like this and how much I've always wanted to make a game like this. Sadly I don't have the skill to code nor do I even know where to start. So the dream kind of stopped there. But some one else picked it up!! Really glad to see this make progress and become a real scuba diving game.

I really love the feel in this game and I really like how well executed it is. Can't wait to see what else Vertigo will bring us but DAMN they are on the right path :)

Only seen these "Dive" games on consols before and even though they were alright, they didn't really reach to WoD's level (and this is still in a beta stage).

It's been said before but I'll say it again... best 20 bucks I've spent on a game so far.

I follow no path in life. I walk straight and leave a trail for others to follow.

up
4 users have voted.
1973x2's picture
Thanks for all the fish

I went the same way as most: stumbles across it on Steam, and bought it straight away. Love the ocean, always have, but at the same time as I'm drawn to it, it scares the heck out of me! The unknown.. I find that the game, as it is right now, is very polished. Looking forward to all what the future holds in store for this game, and I really want to wish the developers the best of luck! You have a gem on your hands.

up
5 users have voted.
Plungerette's picture
Aye aye captain!

Oh, missed this topic!

I too found it via Steam, having read on some webpage about diving games and went looking for a few. None of them appealed to me quite right (seemingly dead, pay-to-swim (more or less) and so on, but after I watched a few seconds of videos of World of Diving I knew I would enjoy it as it already stood and wanted to support it for that which is to come -- the ideas behind it and the plans ahead sold it. :D

Beside, I love games where I can relax and just enjoy.

In deep water, way over my head. All is well.

up
4 users have voted.
Fathom's picture
Poseidon

Found on steam, while dreaming about the IRL diving I did in Egypt,Thailand,OZ and NZ havnt done it for a few years, and will be using this great little game to relax,remember and just have fun, also im a big indie game supporter.

up
5 users have voted.
Braden's picture
Poseidon

I have been looking for a long time for an underwater exploration game for computer. I finally gave up and let the thoughts stagnate. I put some time in searching through Steam in the greenlight section. There it was something wonderful I did not expect to see within the mass collections. Then I saw World of Diving appear in New Releases and I quickly jumped aboard and here I have been ever since. I never looked back.

up
1 user has voted.
Scuba diver

I'm a big fan of diving, as well as open world gaming. I thought this would be a nice mesh.

up
2 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

A great thanks you to you all. You are the foundation of this game.
up
1 user has voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

Same to me, I was playing years ago the game Diver which was pretty cool for that time but very limited to a few sites and some storyline missions.
When I saw this game, the fun and the potential of it I was waiting no second and joined the game and community :)

And pretty soon I have funded my own Shipwreck, because by that the game have some money to progress with another diving spot (fun for everyone) and the time until the generated ocean stuff may come out won't be felt that much hard, waiting for it.

I really enjoy this game, looking hopeful forward to it's development, thank you guys for this wonderful game you are creating! :)

up
2 users have voted.
linksleo's picture
Poseidon

I came here from Wii's endless ocean. I finished it last winter , playing it nearly every day till I got through the whole story. I came across WOD looking for a new Diving game. That game was a benchmark for all future diving games and should at least be looked at by any developers. Having said that, WOD is Awesome and can carry on the Blue Ocean legacy if done right. Not everyone wants to shot, Kill or steal something in a game. With VR development becoming very important, This game has great potential !
Oh Ya, I like the fact that it's relaxing to play, and our community is fantastic.