7 Answers to Dive! #2 (VG answers added)

up
30 users have voted.

7 questions to Dive #2 Now Closed!!

Vertigo will answer to our question when they could.
Thanks to all participants!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Divers!

The idea is simple! You have 7 Days to write a question for Vertigo, it could be a question about WoD or anythings else.

Attention! One Question/Diver!
If the last 24h you see less than 7 question had been ask feel free to post another one!

Then the community vote!

At the End i will write here the most Upvoted questions and Vertigo will take time to awnsers us in the following days.

PS: -Before asking be sure that you don't have already your Awnser (s)
-Yes this topic take his insperation from "10 for the chairman"

Cheers

Thanks for those who like this topic!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7 Questions to Dive! #2 questions:

-Q1: Is the WoD-Pedia and WoD App still on project? how we can get involved or help in the process of their creation?
Vertigo : The WoD-Pedia or, how we like to call it: the ocean-o-pedia J is scheduled to be included as one of the main features in the game. Development is currently on hold since other features have a higher priority at the moment.

Similarly to the Ocean-o-pedia, we have started basic designing/prototyping for the WoD App, but it is not our main focus for now. When its development hits we will definitely include the community. 

-Q2: How far ahead was development of the Yongala compared to the other wrecks? (It's a sneaky way of asking when we can expect more wrecks to hit the deep)
Vertigo : Well, we always work on various wrecks / diving sites simultaneously. For example, we started working on the Hilma H, the Lockheed plane and Sgt_Brony’s ship before we started working on the Yongala wreck. Some of these other wrecks are even more complete than the Yongala dive site currently is. You can expect more dive sites to open before the Steam Early access launch.

-Q3: Are the server timeouts due to inactivity or connection loss?
Vertigo : When the host presses Alt+Tab to (for example post something on the forum during a game session) the multiplayer data is not synced anymore and generated time outs for the clients joining this host. We have fixed this issue for the next update.

-Q4: As you know, as you go deeper, water starts absorbing colors, making everything look blue. Lighting has been dramatically improved, and the way the color behaves in the distance, but not with the depth.
Are you gonna add this in the final release?

Vertigo : To be honest: we're not sure about this one yet. What I can say for sure that the lighting will definitely change one we move to the new Unity 5 lighting engine. We will share the outcome of the first tests with this lighting system with the community of course. Overall: visuals will be enhanced before the final build.

-Q5: Would Vertigo be amenable to altering the Build Your Own Wreck program so that we could crowd-fund another community member's wreck?
Vertigo : Next week Johann will start working on a community Build your own Wreck option. Expect it to be available sometime next week. Note: The current Build your own Wreck will still be available for those who want their own wreck.

-Q6: At what game play the team of Vertigo at the moment? (Even it's only 10min due to the work, App is ok) and who's is the hardcore gamer of the team?
Peter : Dark Souls , Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff
Tristan : Planescape torment, Diablo 3
Vincent : Battlefield 4
Paul : Rome: Total War 2
Jesse : Tropico 5
Jeroen : Diablo 3
Trevor : Star Craft 2 [our most hardcore gamer]
Aukje : Mario Kart 8, Kirby Triple Deluxe
Johann : League of Legends
Richard : World of Diving :P, Mario Kart 8 and Diablo 3

-Q7: Is the Yongala considered finished or is it still a work in progress? ie. will there be more holds to swim in, more features like those in real life (like the clown fish and he copper letters on the bow?)
Vertigo : Our current plan is to get all the Wrecks (as visible in the level select menu) to the Yongala detail level before we go on Steam Early access. Before enhancing the visuals any further, we plan to shift our main focus to gameplay, so that you will have tons of stuff to do at the diving sites. And to raise the expectations - you will be able to create your own missions, treasure hunts, etc. through a very user-friendly interface. This is planned for the Steam Early Access build.

Like this feature, there are many more elements of the game that we are working on in the background that we have not shared yet, because it's not the right time yet. Rest assured, your patience will be rewarded!

7 Questions to Dive! #1 questions:

-Q1: How is born the idea to create WoD?

Vertigo (Richard): After receiving the Oculus DK1 and putting the device on my head, I was like: “okay, this feels like diving! we NEED to make a scuba diving game! From there we created a prototype and started the development on World of Diving. You can read a bit more over here: http://divegame.net/developmentstory

-Q2: What do you guys like most about the community?

Vertigo: We really like the fact that we’re not building the game by ourselves, but together with you guys!. The interaction and feedback of the community is something new for us and we’re really humbled by all the positive feedback and great idea’s we gained so far. And you should now: even though we don’t always reply, we do read every single post!

-Q3: When can we go back outside again?

Vertigo: haha… I knew this one was coming :-). Well, we’re not opening the hatch soon… But we will give everyone access to a brand new area soon: SS Yongala 16 player(!) wreck dive.
Development: http://divegame.net/node/7745
Wiki information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Yongala

-Q4: Any plans after the full release? Expansions packs? DLC? Free content? New modules?

Vertigo: This depends on the success of the game after the launch. But since we’re pretty confident about it; we already have plans for future DLC’s like ice diving and Loch Ness diving.

-Q5: Does Vertigo plan on releasing any "simulation mode" features in the beta release?

Vertigo: We are currently only focusing on the arcade gameplay. But with every design feature we keep in mind the future simulation mode functionally. So I can’t promise that the simulation mode will make it into the Beta release. But rest assured: It will in the final game!

-Q6: how far along are we in funding this game and has the projected budget been altered since the start of development?

The current budget is scaled up vs. the original Indiegogo budget. (This was only a small part of the development budget that we needed to create the game.) After seeing the failure of the Indiegogo campaign on one hand, and the success of Steam early access on the other hand we decided to fund the development ourselves. Since we didn't (and still don’t ;-) have a huge bank account, we’re financing 90% of the development by doing side-projects (work for hire) and using the profit from these projects to fund World of Diving. The other 10% is funded by you guys! And we’re really thankful for that!

-Q7: Can we help with recruiting sponsors and if so, what could we do?

Vertigo: Awesome question! To share a bit of our vision: We are thinking to including charity goals for World of Diving. For example: creating a DLC with a real life endangered reef and sharing the profits with a foundation that helps protect the reef. This way players can actually contribute to protecting the oceans! How awesome would this be?

On the more commercial side: we’re looking for branded items to include in the WOD store and maybe even real life dive shops.
So if anyone has connections with sponsors, dive shops or foundations please drop us a email: info@vertigo-games.com

up
13 users have voted.

Mine : "How is born the idea to create WoD?"

up
12 users have voted.

What do you guys like most about the community?

up
13 users have voted.

When can we go back outside again?

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
4 users have voted.

Anybody have question for vertigo? Really?

up
8 users have voted.

Any plans after the full release? Expansions packs? DLC? Free content? New modules?

Concept like Eve Online would be great, every year a big update with new content, gameplay and many more.

up
7 users have voted.
Dexlysic's picture
Thanks for all the fish

Does Vertigo plan on releasing any "simulation mode" features in the beta release? (Even just certain features that are planned to be part of it. I.e. limited air, decompression stops, etc.)

up
3 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

keep 'm coming! :D
up
5 users have voted.

I'll ignore the rules for this one because I would like to know, how far along are we in funding this game and has the projected budget been altered since the start of development?

up
4 users have voted.

You know what? I've got another one, since it's the last 24 hours anyway.

Can we help with recruiting sponsors and if so, what could we do?

I was thinking along the lines of writing companies and telling them about the game, and redirecting them to the devs in case they are interested. Maybe we could have a "sticky" where sponsors visiting the forums can click on links redirecting them to threads that are interesting for them, or that give a good glimpse of what kind of community we are.

up
0 users have voted.

Wait and see for the most upvoted Reinier...but it could pass...

up
0 users have voted.

The questions is yours Vertigo! Thanks in advance to anwsers us!
Are you ok for another "7 Questions to Dive" in 2/3 Weeks? (i will just re-edit the topic)

up
4 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

Thanks Lejkl and others. We will answers them soon. Feel free to keep them coming.
up
1 user has voted.

Will that opening animated water be part of the final game build?
I think it's awesome and would add a lot of realism!

Cheers and congrats on a great product and creating a forum that LIVES!

Love it all.

raymalone

up
1 user has voted.

Second Question: Do you still need translators? (French)
I want to help if I can, posted in the right thread a few days ago but so far no answers.

up
1 user has voted.

Sorry Ray, posting question is closed for now, wait for the "7 questions to dive #2" who will come right next after the answers of the number #1 or next update, don't want to throw 7 questions to the dev every weeks...keep a eye on the topic!!
And don't forget, one questions per diver! If the last 24h of the session you see that only 3/4 question had been ask feel free to ask one more again (like reinier did for the #1). So choose you're question wisely!
Cheers

Edit: for your second question, I asked one time for the same thing and no awnser as well, I conclude that they don't need at this time, also that say their translator are active like Samos for the French translation...
And don't worry you can help here by feedbacking the stage0 to vertigo, welcome the new comers,give ideas, spread the word of the game around you to get more support!

up
3 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Just answered the first 7 questions!
up
0 users have voted.

Thanks Richard! You and the rest of theam are the best!
Pretty good to read all of this answers!

Edit: Will put answers on "Awnsers topics! All the Dev. Words!" later.

up
1 user has voted.

Thanks Richard! Can't wait to dive the S.S. Yongala! Smart idea of implementing a save-the-ocean share into possible DLC, would you guys mind if we contact different companies on our own, asking them to contact you guys if interested? Just to get the word out to sponsors

up
0 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Not at all, please do!
up
0 users have voted.

Thank you!

up
2 users have voted.
Jedimaster771's picture
Sea admiral

will there be more ways to earn exp

up
4 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Not in the upcoming SS Yongala mission, but there will be in future updates.
up
1 user has voted.
GiorgiGeo's picture
Diving buddy

helloy, my name gio

[moderator] merged 2 comments, please do not post single word comments, they will be removed completely in future.

up
1 user has voted.

You will lose the point for these posts because a moderator is going to remove them (and probably mine with them but I don't mind) if you'd like to introduce yourself, start a new topic in the general discussion or off topic forum, and make a genuine contribution to our community. If all your interessed in are the XP points, please click here

Either way welcome to the community and I hope you'll have a fun time here.

up
3 users have voted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7 question to Dive #2 Right after Update 4!
Keep your Question around and Up to Date!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Welcome Giorgio!
Thanks for presenting you in 4 words on two comments!
Please take no offence about Reinier said but respect it! (Getting Xp can blind a gamers....)
You found a great community here, your comment will be deleted, so take it as a chance to make another "hello" to us!
(You can have a look on this Guide to)

up
0 users have voted.

already asked but here I go again: Do you still need translators? (French)
I want to help if I can, posted in the right thread a few weeks ago but so far no answers.

Cheers!

up
0 users have voted.

Sorry Ray but i think if they didn't answer you it's because they don't French tranlsator A.T.M but you can ask it when 7 Question to Dive #2 will come. I think i will start it on the next monday, depend of the next update is out.

up
1 user has voted.

Great thread, thanks.

up
1 user has voted.

7 questions to Dive #2 Now open!!

ATTENTION! ONE QUESTION PER DIVER!
Most Upvoted question will be retain!

---------------------------------------------------------Start Now!-----------------------------------------------------------

up
1 user has voted.

Mine "Is the WoD-Pedia and WoD App still on project? how we can get involved or help in the process of their creation?"

up
1 user has voted.

How far ahead was development of the Yongala compared to the other wrecks? (It's a sneaky way of asking when we can expect more wrecks to hit the deep)

up
1 user has voted.

Are the server timeouts due to inactivity or connection loss? The reason I ask is that when diving, if something occurs to me about the game, I alt/tab out and come post in the forum but invariably when I return to the game it has timed out.

If it's due to inactivity, it could do with the time being extended so it doesn't time out after just a couple of mins. If we want to go take a leak or grab a coffee we can't right now, especially if we are hosting a MP session and don't want to dump other players from the game.

up
2 users have voted.
yago's picture
Kraken

Alright, here is my question:

As you know, as you go deeper, water starts absorbing colors, making everything look blue.
I noticed that this doesnt happen in the game. Lighting has been dramatically improved, and the way the color behaves in the distance, but not with the depth.

Are you gonna add this in the final release. I know many non diving gamers might prefer the colors to be just the way they are all the way, but honestly, i think it will be waaaay more inmersive if you add this color absorption feature.

up
1 user has voted.

Here's mine:

Would Vertigo be amenable to altering the Build Your Own Wreck program so that we could crowd-fund another community member's wreck?

up
1 user has voted.

I send a email about it few days ago...we've got the same idea! Keep you in touch pell_mell or maybe will have the answer here...

up
0 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

when is the deadline for the next batch of questions?
up
1 user has voted.

Normally it's fixed for tomorrow night (00h GMT)
But I was thinking to push it to Sunday night for people who didn't had chance to came in during this last 7 days...
It's a good idea no?

up
1 user has voted.

Only 2 question remain...If nobody else come to ask a question, feel free to ask a second one!

If that case happen, my second one is:
. At what game play the team of Vertigo at the moment? (Even it's only 10min due to the work, App is ok) and who's is the hardcore gamer of the team?

up
2 users have voted.

My second one would be; Is the Yongala considered finished or is it still a work in progress? ie. will there be more holds to swim in, more features like those in real life (like the clown fish and he copper letters on the bow?)

up
0 users have voted.
yago's picture
Kraken

ANSWERS we want !! ;)

up
1 user has voted.

7 question to Dive #2 Is finished!
Waiting for answers. Questions is yours Vertigo! Thanks in advance, have a good week!

up
3 users have voted.

To Vertigo and the community, When you want I make happen a "7 Questions to dive #3"?
At what frequency?
.after update?
.every weeks?
.every month?

up
2 users have voted.

I would say every update or once a month. This is like a little one on one time with the devs and we shouldn't keep them from their work too often. Also limiting the amount of the 7Q sessions makes them more valuable imo

up
1 user has voted.

I agree with Reinier & Yago - once a month is a good frequency. It gives us time to come up with good questions & vote them up, and builds anticipation for the replies from Vertigo, too.

up
3 users have voted.

I think monthly so that we can come up with questions.

By the way I have one for the next "7 Questions to dive #3" Has the dev team tried contacting youtubers like PewDiePie, Maximilion Dood and TheSw1tcher ("two best friends play..." series) to do a vid play of WoD

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
0 users have voted.
Chris's picture
Sea admiral

Duuuuuuuuude.

If PewDiePie did an episode with this game, membership would triple overnight!

We gotta make it happen..

Twenty percent cooler in ten seconds flat!
NKAWTG
IYAMYAS

up
1 user has voted.
yago's picture
Kraken

once a month sounds appropiate

up
2 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

just added the answers! (see main topic)
up
0 users have voted.

thanks Richard!

up
0 users have voted.

Thanks richard! Been looking forward to this!

Pages