equipment you want to see in game.

up
27 users have voted.

im only half jokeing about the lightsaber, imagine a little lightsaber five knife

up
10 users have voted.

But you're serious about the fact punk helmets, right? =p

up
10 users have voted.

Not bad, we are taking suggestions for item shop items over here

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
25 users have voted.

I think the suit would be nice to go with the helmet

To use ourselves

Not sure how this works, but I think it supposed to repel sharks by transmitting some sort of magnetic pulse or something. Anyway I think this would be nice to have because we have sharks as well, and it would explain why nobody ever gets eaten in the game by a shark ;-)

up
10 users have voted.

i want glowsticks

up
8 users have voted.

Indeed glowsticks or underwater flares!

Especially for cave or night diving.

up
4 users have voted.

Yes, glowsticks!! We can have a Rave in a Cave!

up
6 users have voted.
Chris's picture
Sea admiral

CAVE RAVE

FOR EVER AND EVER

UUNSH UUNSH UUNSH UUNSH UUNSH WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB

Would be pretty rad. :D

Twenty percent cooler in ten seconds flat!
NKAWTG
IYAMYAS

up
3 users have voted.
khemchad's picture
Poseidon

I vote this.

up
3 users have voted.

also dat BCD for when you want to scare off the sharks because they thing you have a sixpack.

up
7 users have voted.
KillerMustang's picture
Kraken

I love the idea of having glow sticks as a backup. The flashlight could be setup to run on a battery that needs to be recharged every so often.

To recharge it, you could set it up so the diver just has to surface for a set amount of time. You could explain that charge by solar power, or you could require the diver to return to the island. Having to make the trip back to the island could be a real pain, though, so I'd probably go the solar charge route.

Particularly if that idea is implemented, the glow sticks would be awesome. Even if that idea is not implemented, however, the glow sticks would still be great to use as a method of marking a path. Especially when cave diving, this ability could prove to be invaluable.

The hand flashlight (shown above) would also be pretty cool to have. Seeing a hand stretched out in front with a flashlight on it would add to the immersion factor as well, and that would be one benefit of adding it. Those are just some of my thoughts. Love the ideas, guys. Keep them comin'!

KillerMustang

up
3 users have voted.

You do know that we do have a flashlight in the game. if your using an xbox controller just click the right thumb stick to turn it on.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
2 users have voted.

And if you're using a keyboard just press L to toggle

up
7 users have voted.
Manlicher's picture
Shark whisperer

I want to see:
1.rebreathers (I thing we shoud have access to the SCR's and oxygen rebreathers, before we could use multigas CCR's)
2.some pneumatic weapon (only in hunting missions)
3.double hose regulaitor (It look old-school)
For example old Polish made "Kajman"
http://www.nurkomania.pl/rys/s0020.jpg
4. front mounted BCD (its smaler then normal BCD and I thing it look better then sidemound BCD).
http://nurkopedia.pl/images/thumb/5/5c/%C5%BB%C3%B3%C5%82te_chom%C4%85to...

up
8 users have voted.
Grosdiver's picture
Need for speed-boat

*edit sorry i don't know how to embed the img [moderator] fixed :)

up
3 users have voted.

Looks nice, is it supposed to be like a pointer or will it actually cut through stuff underwater as well?

up
2 users have voted.
up
3 users have voted.

Thanks for the link! Looks like a nice gadget

up
13 users have voted.
OrangeFr3ak's picture
Aye aye captain!

For the female character:

Screenshot

up
4 users have voted.

The old diving suit me feel good, classic aftertaste Well of course modern diving equipment, diving hoods, fully enclosed diving helmet, spear gun, these are not added to the game which can be considered.

up
5 users have voted.
Galactic Kegger's picture
Shark whisperer

Well, maybe not equipment exactly, but ... what about the use of Navy dive tables, a wheel or RDP? Or will the comps take care of all that and we just play to get wet?

http://www.leisurepro.com/Image/Product/Large/BKSN22.jpg
http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/094/Purple/e6/17/b8/mzl.btqdnywv.480x480...
http://www.dypscuba.com/uploads/5/3/2/8/5328783/__padi_rdp_imperial_vers...

up
3 users have voted.

im pretty sure the game wont be that indepth, and if it is you would probely get issued a wrist dive computer.

up
12 users have voted.

I found some more stuff to be considered for this game.

I especially liked the head mounted flashlight and communication module, maybe we can have a mask in game which makes us to choose how we will equip the two slots. So for instance if we go with a communication module we can use voice chat, and add a snorkel to lower air consumption when near the surface, but then we won't have the added light from a head mounted flashlight. Maybe we can come up with more items / perks we could choose from to attach to our masks?

up
2 users have voted.

i think the head maunted LEds would work really well, but i would thinl the webing for the gloves would get in the way of finer moter skills.

up
2 users have voted.

That's a good point, I'm not a dover so I don't look at this stuff that way, but that's something to reconsider indeed

up
8 users have voted.
Poseidon
up
5 users have voted.
up
2 users have voted.

Try'n to get me diving dirty xD

up
3 users have voted.
Sea admiral

"Strobe torch"

A very useful safety equipment for conditions with bad visibility and for night dives. It helps your dive buddy to see you.

up
4 users have voted.
Sea admiral

Other equipments and tools I would like in the game:
- Marker to paint a cross or an arrow on some rocks.
- Underwater marker buoy
- Surface marker buoy
- Animal tagging and tracking device
- Underwater tablet and pen
- Metal detector and other treasure hunter tools
- Rope to set a guide line in a cave labyrinth

up
1 user has voted.

I like the idea of a marker, but I'm not sure how that would work in multiplayer games with 16 divers, maybe they could let the marker disappear after a while but then again what would be the point of marking something?

As for the metal detector, they are probably almost done working on it, it's being up voted right now in the stage 0 poll. It's at 48% now so it's pretty certain the detector will win

up
4 users have voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

Like the idea of bouys or any form of markers personal or multiplayer.
Perhaps the current diving computer is close to doing so already.
Setting your own markers on it would make a neat feature.

Someone made a post about the SS Yongala it proportions compared to the real wreck.
Using the diving computer its markers I was able to determine a length of 308 feet.
The real wreck is around 350 feet so my math messed up somewhere lol.

up
6 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Awesome stuff guys keep it coming! i'm adding a lot of this to our "to-do" list!
up
2 users have voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

You guys rock Vertigo!

up
1 user has voted.

Thanks! Jesse explained how the lists work in another topic, you guys are solid gold!

up
2 users have voted.

Give a proposal to my right, can make the BioShock 2 inside, the big sister of the diving suit.

up
4 users have voted.
Shark whisperer

Cave diving equipment:
*small reel or spool of nylon line known as a "safety reel";
*Cave divers place directional markers (arrows) and non-directional markers (circles) on the guideline to record information.;
* backup lights;

up
2 users have voted.
MK-24's picture
Need for speed-boat

Some dive markers might also be useful to plot explored areas as well. A lot of the ocean floor looks the same and with the current navigation system it's not easy to tell if you have already covered a particular area.

up
7 users have voted.

clear regulator

up
4 users have voted.

Ha! I see you put the Nostromo space helmet from the "Alien" as your second image. Would be interesting, but it's way too big for underwater exploration. That last helmet is very unusual. Looks more like futuristic fire fighters gear.

up
5 users have voted.

That red helmet is so awesome...

up
3 users have voted.
griha's picture
Shark whisperer

Moooooooooreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

up
4 users have voted.
Groovy Monster's picture
Triton

A shark cage is what I really want!

up
3 users have voted.

There are so many awesome looking ideas for equipment in this thread. I really do hope the best of them eventually make it into the game.

up
5 users have voted.
Chalky's picture
Thanks for all the fish

Rebreathers. Definitely rebreathers. In fact, they need to go in on the next update. Any they should be instantly available to everyone :D :D :D :D

up
7 users have voted.
Manlicher's picture
Shark whisperer

I also want rebreathers, but I don't think they should by available from the start. They should by given as a reward. It give the players the sense of progres.

up
7 users have voted.

I want Flare in crazy Colors.
The Neptune Full Face Mask and the Daft Punk Helmet ;)

up
4 users have voted.
Manlicher's picture
Shark whisperer

I have few ideas for equipment

1. Drysuit (base on Mares IceFit drysuit; It would look great with wristband)
2. Panorama FFM (base on Diveweys full face mask)
3. Light BCD (base on Creesi Air Travel BCD)
4. Advanced BCD (base on Mares HUB)
5. Horse Collar (base on AOUATEC Horse Collar BCD)
6. Ultra Fin (base on ScubaPro Seawing fin).
7. Titan regulator (base on Scubapro A700)
8. Vintage regulator (base on Aqua Lung Mistral)
9. SCR [base on Voyager SCR (like in these video - https://youtu.be/m_mEOBFm-48) Idea is that in game mechanic it would work as regulator and be used with all current tanks and BCD.]
10. Tank +Pony (it standard tank with pony tank attached to it)