Feedback and bug report stage 0 And awesome experience

up
1 user has voted.

Well...

Gosh.. This short little level has made me practically wet myself with excitement! The visuals were stunning! The diving experience was absolutely wonderful! The water surface is brilliantly beautiful <3 Words can hardly describe how amazing this little prototype is guys.

I would like to say JOB WELL DONE Vertigo staff. Really. You all have shown amazing work in this small little level!

And while it is short, I was so glad that I could swim out of the pool area and through the tubes and glass dome <3 That was a very nice touch. Great work too!

The controls were very simple and easy to use. Love it.
The game itself shows amazing quality and polish at this moment even though it's still a long way to go for you guys to accomplish the full game.

All in all, I think you've outdone yourselves very nicely. I am glad I put my faith in you all. Because I have not found a single disappointment on this other than itching for the next release/update with more content hehe ^^ (Though a disappointment probably isn't quite the right word for it. More like total excitement)

But with the game so very early in development Im sure you guys are looking for feedback and bug reports.

Naturally these are just my opinions with feedback :p
==============
Edit:

When joining an MP session. As soon as you try get into the pool, if you cannot connect to the player's session, you'll get stuck with the player doing the ok sign (3 fingers up) and cannot exit the game or session.

I decided to test the camera a bit more and monitor my FPS. I understand that the camera is doing full rendering, so basically, it does eat at FPS which is to be expected. But what I did notice was that, no matter what, or where you are, it will still be rendering.

And for the whole.. selfie pics etc, this is very understandable.
So for example, if you press T to let the camera go, and swim away, and are not even looking at the camera, it will still be rendering. So you guys will want to look at making it only render when a player is looking at the camera or triggers it to take a picture perhaps? Because from my understanding.. If more than one player has their camera open, Im going to guess that you'll also be rendering their camera.. So this could cause some major FPS drops in multiplayer.

The camera can float out of the water as if it's still in the water. You may want to maybe have the camera have do a check whether it's in water and turn gravity on if it isn't so that it falls into the water perhaps? Just looks a little bit odd being able to see it floating in mid air hehe ^^

Fish sometimes will swim through the tunnel/glass (somewhat rare)

In slight lag sometimes a player's animations will seem a little jerky/jittery to you.

The googles overlay doesn't appear to change color according to what mask you're wearing

Sudden loud sound plays whenever starting the game

The underwater warping effect still appears when your head is above the water.

Im not sure whether or not this is a bug or just that the menu change has effected this.
But at the moment, I've noticed that when selecting items in the shop, there is no text description that shows under the item anymore (both on the game and website diveshop.

Also the item images seem low res. So you may want to up their resolution when you have some time since it's a very minor issue.

In some cases, the images do not seem to load on the game when selecting them.
(I'd suggest in the future/full game to have all icons placed in the client itself if you don't already plan this) Because from what I can tell, they don't appear to be in the client. Otherwise I think they'd load quite quickly hehe.

The dive itself was very relaxed and slow paced. Which I enjoyed. And while there is a swim fast button. It still feels a bit slow to me. Perhaps increasing the max swim speed a little bit would be nice. The pool is rather large. But it does feel slightly slow when swimming fast. (Perhaps this is a job for special fins?)

Small atmospheric suggestion when resurfacing. How about some water droplets appear on the facemask and they will appear drip/fade away, or you can use a key to wipe them away with your hand?

Please can we also have the ability to swim fast while we're above water/resurfaced?

Im guessing this is the sunglare. But when out of the water, the sunglare on the mask seems a bit too much. It feels more like little blotches/smudges on the mask. And it seems to make seeing things above water a little bit icky in my opinion.

Can we perhaps have the ability to zoom in with the camera? Not too much. But would be cool =]

Im going to guess this is already planned for a later stage. But if not, can you guys consider making a server browser with refresh buttons etc rather than the current MP menu? This would obviously be something for later down the road ^^

And when letting go of the camera, you can be anywhere and press "T" to get it back. Not sure if you guys wanted it this way. But yeah :p

With all this said. I think I'll leave my feedback and bug reports at this for now. I'll update with bug reports later on though if I find any others.

Thank you Vertigo-Games Staff. I am truly thankful for this game you're all making. And I cannot wait to experience more!

up
4 users have voted.

Hi Grimmycakes!
Good feedback here! they are some here to :http://divegame.net/node/29391
I had a great experience to! This stage his very polish

up
3 users have voted.

Thank you hehe ^^

And yes I saw that post =]

up
4 users have voted.

Looking forward for the next stage! With What config you test it? Control?

up
1 user has voted.

At the moment Im just using the default controls + fantastic graphic settings. And 1280x720 resolution. I can go higher (up to 1920x1080.) But I was too excited to play hehe :p

My pc is really fast ^^

up
0 users have voted.

Mine to!^^ housemade!
Just planning to get 16g RAM since my 8go is not enougth now for me or why not 32go to be good for the next year because i do a lot of stuff and i like running peacefully...

up
3 users have voted.
Kraken

Intel i7 16gb and GTX670, works smoothly at 1920x1080 (120hz monitor) but could not get my Logitech G27 to work.

up
1 user has voted.
ahmbouth's picture
Poseidon

G27 ? why would you use a steering wheel ?

up
0 users have voted.
khemchad's picture
Poseidon

I have G27 too.

up
4 users have voted.
OrangeFr3ak's picture
Aye aye captain!

Absolutely love the Stage 0 demo! If only there's the option to switch to third-person camera!

up
1 user has voted.
nanarocxie's picture
Sea admiral

i was hoping for the same thing. Maybe it will be an option to vote for later on.

up
0 users have voted.
OrangeFr3ak's picture
Aye aye captain!

Would be nice to swim without the scuba gear in the pool too!

up
1 user has voted.

As far as third person goes. It would be nice in some ways. But Im actually really enjoying the first person experience. It feels so well done so far!

But yeah. Perhaps a third person view could be interesting to have. But at the moment I don't mind not having one hehe ^^

And as for swimming without scuba gear. That would be fun to do I suppose. But I doubt I would do if often since I'd have to constantly resurface for air hehe. Which of course defeats the purpose of the diving ^^

up
0 users have voted.

For me i'm looking forward for open that door to see sharks, looking into it and hoping to see Halle Berry for she teach me how we can be friendly with them, touch them...^^(Not great refenrence i know)

up
0 users have voted.

Oooh yes definitely. That door was very tempting :p

I managed to get a couple screenshots of the sharks. But I wish they would have swam closer to me :(

up
1 user has voted.

I did some here http://divegame.net/node/28707 but maybe you have already saw it!

up
0 users have voted.

Yes I have ^^ Great screenshots from everybody in there

up
2 users have voted.

Hate doing this. But since it's feedback + bug reports, Im going to bump this gently and once only ^^

And just as an awesome win pic due to the map glitch that many already know about :p...

Shark Selfie with 2 fellow divers!

Toonen1988 Left
Me AKA Grimmycakes middle
Tony the TIGER SHARK Right

up
1 user has voted.

Cool selfie :)

up
3 users have voted.

It was fun diving!

MP only support 4 players (for now) to bad, a big group photo would be great! :)

up
0 users have voted.
yago's picture
Kraken

maaaaan you are standing on a coral!!!! º_º

up
0 users have voted.

It wasn't me, it was Grimmycakes. Haha

up
1 user has voted.
Tony the TIGER SHARK's picture
Poseidon

that was awesome. FUN diving in a group.

up
0 users have voted.
Puc's picture
Triton

OK this is not a bug report anymore.. IF there are still bug please make a new thread..
up
0 users have voted.

Alright o.o

up
0 users have voted.
OrangeFr3ak's picture
Aye aye captain!

It's called free-diving and snorkelling.