Stage 0 Feedback

up
0 users have voted.
madcat's picture
Kraken

Cool to see the swimming pool demo, some feedback after the first 5 minutes of playing:

i love the shop location. very cool music, it gives a good impression of the diving entourage :)

It's good to have they keymapping at the start, it was a bit of figuring out what the controls where.

The "marker" was not on the correct x,y,z coordinates, it might be better to have it set at the door. i was looking at the rocks in the corner for a while. I love the way the door opened in the photo mission.

Cool to have a bit of sea in the tube, it was a bit fuzzy although i had it on high res and "fantastic" rendering.

it's cool to have a "door" where you can enter to the ocean.

it was nice to see the "diving console", as a diver myself i did see some flaws:
normally when you empty your bcd you do it "above" you and with your index finger.
when you inflate it's with your thumb.

I could go "down" without deflating my BCD, that's in reality not possible.

*going back to the demo to gather some more feedback*

bugs:
- when i create a new avatar image, it does not save the picture correctly
- i could enter the water without any equipment on, and when i use the BCD i had nothing in my hand, maybe my buddy missed it during the buddy check ;)
- Not really sure why i have two icons on my desktop, one with OVR and one without
- at the start, the sound goes "boom", after that it's normal
- when i take a look at the speedboat, the water level is not realistic, the boat can fly ;)

improvements:
- maybe it's cool to host a server, so there is always one server online (although it costs some bandwidth)
- it would be cool if you could walk into the pool, and then automatically start "diving", i love the way you can swim at the surface

up
1 user has voted.
Need for speed-boat

Did you manage to grab any screenshots? They pulled the download down.

up
3 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Hi all,

Due to an error on our side, the Stage 0 was playable for only a couple of minutes earlier today. For everyone who went in - you guys are fast! :) - we hope you like what you saw, but please temporarily regard your experience as confidential. Above all, avoid sharing any screenshots or other footage. This will greatly help our efforts to get the news out internationally. Thank you so much for your understanding and cooperation! Stage 0 is expected to be available to everyone within the next couple of days.

Stay tuned,

The Vertigo Games Team

up
5 users have voted.
madcat's picture
Kraken

okey sorry, i have deleted the screenshots from dropbox :)

up
1 user has voted.
Makoto Nanaya's picture
Sea admiral

Cool, nice screenshots. I missed the download. I sure hope it comes up again soon, I have some irl stuff going on soon so if I can't get in within the next couple days, it may be a while before I get to try it.

*EDIT* Oh, I see. Welp, might be a while yet for me then.

up
3 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Thanks guys! Our community is *awesome*
up
1 user has voted.
madcat's picture
Kraken

i can confirm that i'm unable to connect to the server, it failes with a 404 error (that's a good thing a guess ;)
and the "swimming pool mission" is successful tagged with 50 points

up
0 users have voted.

We have to be awesome because this game will be awesome :)

up
0 users have voted.
nanarocxie's picture
Sea admiral

So why is stage 0 labeled as "unplayable" by the devs?

up
0 users have voted.

I was wondering this myself.

But I assume it's likely game breaking bug(s)/issues

up
0 users have voted.
nanarocxie's picture
Sea admiral

Ok that makes sense

up
0 users have voted.
SharkBait's picture