Possible 3rd Person Mode

up
9 users have voted.
doorofsouls's picture
Need for speed-boat

So i was think, i love how this is immersive with the first person and you can see the body/hands and everything, and thought "thank god they didn't go 3rd person and went full on 1st person" , but even though without a second thought that i want first person, is it possible to have the "option" to go to 3rd person mode? this is a first person game, but would love to have the option to go in 3rd person mode.

up
10 users have voted.
Makoto Nanaya's picture
Sea admiral

Personally, I love third-person. I like having the extra vision around me, and I like being able to see my character, especially when I customized them to make them look unique. On the other hand, it really does hurt immersion, especially in a game like this. So, I guess I'm conflicted at the thought of it. Maybe have 1st person while diving, but 3rd while out of the water?

up
8 users have voted.
Boeje's picture
Triton

they need have switch button on it you can choise what ever you like then everybody is happy
(like in ARMA en DAYZ) ^^

up
6 users have voted.

Not so easy to implement for the Oculus Rift which requires stereo cameras and uses headtracking. If you switched out to a 3rd person view I think it would be disorienting and add to possible nausea.

But I think it would be a good feature to be able to toggle in and out when a Rift is not connected.

up
6 users have voted.
Rayne's picture
Scuba diver

that sounds like the best idea. have it as a feature when you are not using the OR because otherwise i def agree it's going to be very disorienting.

up
2 users have voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

Totally agree with Makoto, yet having it optional as Boeje stated would be best.

up
4 users have voted.
gschmidl's picture
Poseidon

I would really like a 3rd person mode - first person often makes me motion sick.

up
5 users have voted.
Fear57's picture
Kraken

Something tells me this is for having a female character.
<_<

up
3 users have voted.
khemchad's picture
Poseidon

I can play both.(1st and 3rd person view)

up
9 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

We have only first person for now. For gameplay purposes we want to stick with that for a while. A button to switch could be added later on.
up
2 users have voted.
Rocai's picture
Diving buddy

Any news about a third person view?

up
1 user has voted.
SharkBait's picture
Poseidon

first person is more realistic

up
2 users have voted.
OrangeFr3ak's picture
Aye aye captain!

I'd like both first and third person modes. First person is great for using the camera and interaction with marine life while third person is great if you're using the sea scooter or swimming long-distances.

up
0 users have voted.

Thanks for the anwser! I know it is more realistic with the first person view but a possiblity for a third person view would be nice in my opinon. :)

up
1 user has voted.

Can't be too hard since it is all modeled and already for others. It's just a camera change.

up
1 user has voted.
OrangeFr3ak's picture
Aye aye captain!

If anything, a third-person view would let us see our customized avatar/character in all his/her glory!

up
1 user has voted.
Shadrays's picture
Aye aye captain!

I would like to see a 3rd person veiw added!

up
1 user has voted.

I do not know if anyone was paying attention but there was a dev in this thread :P

Basically at this time there are no plans for 3rd person but that could change in the future.

While I personally like 3rd person there is a valid point about the Rift and the realism standpoint. So I would propose it be restricted to arcade mode and not sim mode.

up
1 user has voted.

Well.. Not to sound harsh, but we simply can't please everybody right? It would also be a shame to spend time and resources (money being a big one) on a function only 10% of all players will use.

The percentage is just a number, I know it would be higher for this one, but I just wanted to say this about features in general

up
0 users have voted.

wait wait wait!

So you are telling me that my "Spawn Cake" feature wont get implemented?!

Son of a --- thats it I quit.

Turn the lights off. *takes off microphone and screams as she storms out*

Shut it down, shut it all down!

*door slam*

up
1 user has voted.

Guess her "diver down flag" is up... =p

Anyway, I was talking about the features most people don't want, so your Spawn Cake is a different story ^^

up
0 users have voted.

Oh. Well then in that case I'll stay

up
4 users have voted.
huwenjin01's picture
Scuba diver

3rd person mode is a good choise

up
4 users have voted.

Hi
I think its a good Thing. For Photos and so its sure great :)