Can Not Customize XBox Controller for Windows

up
1 user has voted.

While in-game just now, I noticed that you can key bind tools to whatever button you like on the XBox controller. The shoulder and right trigger buttons have nothing, so I desire to bind the dive gauge and other items to them. But, in the settings menu, there is nothing. This needs to be fixed right away. Also, if you press left or right while on the controller text in the input binding menu, it will disappear and not come back, thus locking you out of any in-game actions since the controller is suddenly lost from being seen.

up
1 user has voted.
diving_admin's picture
Poseidon

What do you mean by 'But, in the settings menu, there is nothing'?

The reason why the xbox controller's input isn't being processed once you change the setting is because people were having problems with USB devices plugged in giving phantom input all the time. We decided to add this setting, which makes sure that input is only retrieved of the configured controller.

I guess we can keep getting input of the controller with which you opened the settings menu until you close the menu again.

World of Diving Developer

up
0 users have voted.

On the controller's stetting menu, there is nothing for the player to bind buttons to actions, as I noted in the first post. It's just a blank menu screen with controller and left/right arrows to each side. There needs to be button binding options since neither of the shoulder or the right trigger buttons have anything associated with them. I would like to have the ability to bind an action to those buttons.

up
1 user has voted.
diving_admin's picture
Poseidon

Input binding is a planned feature. We did the input device assignment setting first as some people couldn't play the game.

World of Diving Developer

up
0 users have voted.

Being that the controller has been a staple for playing the game for quite awhile now, I'd think button binding should have been one of the top tier additions on your list. BTW, the pointing hand gesture is missing. Please put that back into play. It is needed in multiplayer.