North Carolina scenery. Can't get the green square on sharks

up
4 users have voted.
Scuba diver

Hello. I've been playing a bit and reached the North Carolina scenery.

The first story mission is "Shaaaaaaarks!" I go to the mission marker, get the mission, but when I'm close to the sharks I never get the green square on the camera, always red, no matter wich angles or how many sharks are in the focus.

Not sure if it's a bug or just an extremely difficult mission.

I tried it in VR with oculus CV1 and in desktop mode with the same problem.

Can anyone help? I'm stuck.

Thanks.

up
1 user has voted.

Sounds like a bug to me. Getting a green lock-on square should be easy to see.

up
2 users have voted.
Scuba diver

Yeah, I didn't have any problems with the pictures until that mission. It looks like the shark is bigger than the camera's objetive or something, and when it seems to be nice framed then you don't get any kind of square, neither red nor green, like it was too far to lock-on.

up
2 users have voted.
Scuba diver

5 days since the last post, the game is still broken. The game is blocked, I can't unlock sceneries. Is there any dev working? Can anyone reproduce the problem? Is the game still alive or is it dead?

up
1 user has voted.

I haven't unlocked that zone yet, so I can't test if the sharks are bugged or not.

up
3 users have voted.
diving_admin's picture
Poseidon

@furykey Thanks for the head's up. We did see your post and have added it to Trello for the next update.

World of Diving Developer

up
3 users have voted.
Scuba diver

Thank you very much. Looking forward to keep unlocking sceneries. I'll continue exploring the already unlocked ones :)

up
2 users have voted.
Diving buddy

I spent hours trying to take pictures of sharks in this mission, I even asked my friends to help. 99% of the time we got red frames, twice I managed to see the green one but it was a fraction of a second (not enough to press the button!) and it only showed up when shark was ridiculously close - the photo would only show its skin. I'm stuck and NOT happy. If the game is so bad that people who pay for it cannot complete a SIMPLE task, then maybe you should give us shortcuts/codes to unlock next stages instead of keeping us frustrated for hours only to find out it's not the user's fault. I was taking photos before in this game and it wasn't hard to see a green frame, now I know for sure that I won't complete this task without devs fixing this mission.

up
0 users have voted.

Same situation with the crocodiles in the Okavango. They have to be ridiculously close to get a green box.

up
2 users have voted.
meatmonster's picture
Kraken

hope the bug will be fixed soon, its really annoying