Ask a Dev Thread

up
4 users have voted.

Cool. Cheers, Reinier.

Raptr Gamercard

up
3 users have voted.

Again, sorry if these questions have been asked before. There is no search bar, that I can see.

Modding support & Steam Workshop, we will see them in the future?

Raptr Gamercard

up
2 users have voted.

Probably not modding, but workshop will be there for sure, we just don't know yet in what form. Or at least the devs haven't told us yet haha

And there is a searchbar in the bottom of the screen on the forum mainpage, but you're free to ask us anytime of course

up
5 users have voted.

Haahaha. wow. Blind much? I've never seen that until now. Cheers, Reinier. Good to know it'll have Workshop support.

Raptr Gamercard

up
8 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

just to confirm: yes, there will be workshop support in the future.
up
4 users have voted.
Scuba diver

2 questions:

1) is there custom control option?
2) when i reach ingame objection with Tab and i don't see any item... is this a bug? or incomplete map?

up
3 users have voted.

1) not yet, this will come eventually

2) be sure you're on the same depth as the objective, and not facing away from it. There are very seldom occasions where the item is accidentally hidden by some coral, but normally you should be able to see it. You can switch to you camera when you're near the item to try and locate it with the red/green focus square.

up
6 users have voted.

It is rather not a question, and wishes:

1) When I put on "An old mask" for diving HUD on the screen all the same remains from a modern mask. I hope it only because of very early stage of development.

2) In the scenarios "Brony", metal rings on barrels in hold "is too new" look, directly shine all! I think to make them much more strongly rusted more logically.

In advance I apologize for possible mistakes, English not my native language.

up
3 users have voted.

1) good point, this has been mentioned once a long time ago, its nice to see some newcomers think the same way about this. I'm not really sure what the devs think of this, but I think it's not a priority at the moment.

2) These little things are always good to mention, that's why we are swimming the wrecks, to spot these little details. Be sure a Dev will put this on the to do list when they read your post.

up
2 users have voted.

I just realized something, there was no announcements/newsletter about the steam early access. Are we going to get one?

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
3 users have voted.

I think we'll get one when it's available for purchase on steam, which should be together with the Hilma Hooker mission update (I think)

up
5 users have voted.
LittlePix's picture
Thanks for all the fish

I hope it is soon avaible on steam (just saying, no need to rush). Then its way easier to gift it to friends =)
Cant wait to hear their opionion about this game.

up
6 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

It will... soon...veryy.... oh wait, need to go back to work :)
up
6 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

and ... maybe more? :)
up
4 users have voted.
neonshark's picture
Need for speed-boat

Hi, does WoD support Oculus DK2?

up
4 users have voted.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
5 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

The upcoming Early Access version will have full DK2 support! (no more hassle starting the game in VR mode)
up
10 users have voted.

Hey devs, may I have permission to have the round WoD logo made into patches for my wetsuit / jacket? I really want to support this game and would love for people to just stop me and say... Whats the World of Diving?

up
7 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Oh yeah!, Awesome - please do!

Make sure to share a photo on the forum!

up
4 users have voted.
johnnybud's picture
Kraken

I simply love your Logo with tattoos!!!!!! Keep it cool!

up
6 users have voted.
myrkur's picture
Scuba diver

Hi. Just wondering if we can't have the option of meters on the diving computer. AND will there be a group play... like unearthing an old sunken ship or ruins. Sending artifacts up with baloons. Or some thing that makes us work as a team togeather?

up
8 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Absolutely! I have no clue why we have don't support since day 1, since we are based in The Netherlands,and we use the metric system here... Just so you know: it already was on our to-do-list ;)
up
9 users have voted.
stezza's picture
Thanks for all the fish

Devs, I would love to see different types of diving because all you can do currently is hang out in a tropical paradise some ideas i had was: (This is a sizable list)
Drysuits
Twin-Tank Scuba
Limited Air (optional to choose before game)
A full vintage dive suit (not just the helmet)
Super Deep Diving with re-breathers and decompression
Night Dives
A Descend hand signal
More dive sites (other than tropical sites)
AI Divers

Just some ideas :)

up
11 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Thanks for your input! I've added to following items to the Art team task list:

Drysuits
Twin-Tank Scuba
A full vintage dive suit (not just the helmet)
AI Divers

Night dives is something that is definitely coming, we just need time to create it.
hand signals: agreed, but its not a primary thing for us right now.

up
4 users have voted.
Mr.MoJo's picture
Thanks for all the fish

ahh man this game is so good looking forward to have more things in the game

up
3 users have voted.
stezza's picture
Thanks for all the fish

Thank you, I can imagine you have an extremely long list of things to do.

up
3 users have voted.
johnnybud's picture
Kraken

Night Dives for the win!!!!!!!!!!!

up
3 users have voted.
DerHannes's picture
Need for speed-boat

What is the current status on bugfixing (especially the Error 600 Authentication Error)?
I don't want to be rude but this particular error exists since one month.

up
5 users have voted.
Shmann's picture
Thanks for all the fish

I think the devs fixed this bug yesterday. I wasn't able to reproduce the bug for the last 12 hours.

up
4 users have voted.
Holy Diver's picture
Scuba diver

Which name is displayed in-game, the username one registers with or Steam username?
Will there be third-person or is that too unrealistic?

up
5 users have voted.

Your WoD username is displayed in public games, and probably no third person view.

up
3 users have voted.
Mr.MoJo's picture
Thanks for all the fish

have you thought about having jelly fish that could sting you and also i used to play endless ocean 1-2, have you thought about borrowing some ideas :) (love this game more everyday)

up
5 users have voted.
Mr.MoJo's picture
Thanks for all the fish

me again i thought cuz its on steam to maybe allow it to have things on steam workshop like extra items or maybe skins, as having a sandbox game that is linked with the workshop draws peoples attention. just an idea.

up
3 users have voted.

Devs, I really hope you guys are paying attention to the "Bug dressing Character" thread (http://www.divegame.net/node/100883) in the "Bugs, hardware & software issues" forum. We need this major glitch fixed right away. It's driving us crazy. That and the new stutter lagging in the levels. Thanks.

up
6 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Thanks for pointing it out - we're on to it!
up
2 users have voted.

Excellent! Great know that you are strongly working on fixing this really annoying glitch.

up
3 users have voted.
Mr.MoJo's picture
Thanks for all the fish

this is something that everyone knows about and im sure that its fixed now i dunno but everyone knows about it

up
2 users have voted.

I didn't say the glitch wasn't known, just that I hope the dev's are keeping an eye on the thread. The bug isn't fixed yet. Just check out the thread for more info. Everyone is still being affected by it.

up
3 users have voted.
Shmann's picture
Thanks for all the fish

What´s new/fixed in this 5,6MB update?

up
3 users have voted.
Need for speed-boat

I think it would be better that I could give my friends the pearls that I found as a present,,

up
9 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Yeah, giving items is definitely something that is on our wish list to develop - so stay tuned! :)
up
1 user has voted.

ZOMG its Richard XD!

up
3 users have voted.

Richard, any plans to add Trimix to the game in the future? it'd be great to see it and it'd give you something to aim for in the game.

if you need any reference photos I can supply you with a whole host of them.

Xi

Regards,

up
3 users have voted.

Id love to see Tri and Nitrox added in the simulation mode (vs arcade which is what we have now with unlimited air) Its something non cosmetic for us to spend some pearls on ^.^ Good idea Xion!

edit: I wonder if Richard was planning on checking this thread or if it had something to do with my "hey dont forget this thread" post the other day on this forum. Until he says otherwise I will claim its me! Just Like how my rain dance just worked :)

up
3 users have voted.
Mr.MoJo's picture
Thanks for all the fish

when will we be able to swim on the hilma-h place?

up
2 users have voted.

Next update (steam release)

up
3 users have voted.

or real life.

But thats not what he asked XD <(^.^)>

up
2 users have voted.
Mr.MoJo's picture
Thanks for all the fish

cool thanks

up
3 users have voted.

Just wanted to send a BIG thanks to the dev's for their hard work in fixing the character customization bug and bad lagging in the game areas. Everything seems to be back to normal again.

up
4 users have voted.
Mr.MoJo's picture
Thanks for all the fish

yeah this game is so good and has come on so quick looking forward to future updates

Pages