Ask a Dev Thread

up
6 users have voted.
Lafrules's picture
Sea admiral

i think having a bit more real life diving physic and physiology would make things really interesting instead of just taking pictures of virtual fishes with no consequence. it could be a real challenge to plan dive with multiple cylinder like sidemount with stage bottle ... perhaps even more advance also in the future.it doesn't have to be as realistic as real life but just a bit more challenging. it would be a good way to keep the interest on the game for experience player who could try to go explore wrecks or sites that are off limit for the beginner player because its too deep or dark andthey dont have the virtual equipment and training for that kind of dive right from the start. maybe you could also pay with doublon to get courses/training that would allow you to do more in-game and advance further like sidemount or rebreather. the course would be a prerequisite to have access in the shop to advance equipment like rebreather just like in real life

up
4 users have voted.
Lafrules's picture
Sea admiral

some courses could be super cheap and easy access to a beginner like deep dive that would allow you to go to the max limit of recreational diving. or photo course to unlock camera in the shop. cheap course and not long to do where the mission is just to take a few picture of certain fish or things then you get your qualification when its done. in the same way that we do the missions right now

up
7 users have voted.
KillerMustang's picture
Kraken

From what I've heard, the Devs plan to implement a Realism/Simulation mode, and, in that gamemode, the techniques, physics, and requirements would be much more realistic.

One of the Devs, Richard, replied to earlier posts in this thread. To one post, he replied, "We will start out with a more entertainment style game, without these effects. For the simulator mode we will definitely include the symptoms." By symptoms, he was referring to an earlier comment discussing "The Bends" (A.K.A. Decompression Sickness), drowning, and other diving hazards of the like. This also demonstrates how dedicated the Devs are to ensuring that this game can be played for entertainment or simulation, and they want to make sure users have fun regardless of which mode they're playing in.

There's already a huge exploration aspect being implemented into the game, some cool gear customization, and some other interesting features that make the game quite immersive, but many more are on the way with future updates. By release in Q4 2014, the game should be mind-boggling (in a good way, of course).

I hope this sufficiently addressed your concerns and answers any questions you may have had. Take care!

KillerMustang

up
2 users have voted.
Lafrules's picture
Sea admiral

I just created my avatar. I saw that we can buy dive computer. Are they simply esthetic or we will be able to use them for basic stuff like no stop deco time, total bottom time and maybe air consumption if we buy one that support wireless transitor. If not I think it would be a cool addition

up
3 users have voted.

At the moment the dive accessories are only cosmetic. Hopefully the dive watches will become active in the future.

up
6 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

That's true. They will become active.
up
4 users have voted.
ahmbouth's picture
Poseidon

how are we supposed to use the knife ?

up
3 users have voted.

To cut open fishing nets that have dolphins trapped in them, or to sabotage the small boats when they block ports for our yachts of course

up
3 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

To cut things of course. :) But, we are not sure what yet, or if they will be usable. For now it is only cosmetic.
up
4 users have voted.

Pointy end forward

up
5 users have voted.
Lafrules's picture
Sea admiral

also did you think about the option to invite a friend to world of diving through facebook and other medium like that instead of just email address?

up
3 users have voted.

Welcome to the forums Lafrules. You'll be able to find the answers to both off your questions by using the search bar in the bottom of your screen when on the forum main page

up
5 users have voted.
Lafrules's picture
Sea admiral

lol.ok

up
3 users have voted.

Just thought about if only backers would have the possibility to upvote? I would limit the creation of "fake account" don't you think?

up
3 users have voted.

That's true, but it would also limit the participation of people who want to be part of the community but haven't backed it yet (for lack of money or maybe they don't want to create a paypall acount or don't have a creditcard)

up
3 users have voted.

Yes agree, but it would be ONLY the Upvote Fonction...If someone would really participate i don't think the upvote fonction is matter for him.
Upvote will be a privilege for backers. Or also iit could be possible for non-backers to Upvote after reach a certain level...

up
3 users have voted.

Yes I see your point, I agree on this. The higher level solution is my preference in this case

up
6 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

Thanks, we are working on that.
up
4 users have voted.
Need for speed-boat

Will the game support crossfire for better improvement?

When is early access on Steam?

Can we save ingame cash and buy bigger better things or isit real money only?

Is there any anticheat tools inplace to stop people cheating for money etc?

Are there easter eggs hidden in the game? (Example a house or a tank hidden inside a submerged cave etc)

up
11 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

We didn't test WoD with crossfire, so we can say for sure.

Somewhere this year.

Yes, you can save ingame cash. You can also use real money.

Yes, there is.

Absolutely, but you will have to find them of course.

up
6 users have voted.
pierrox's picture
Thanks for all the fish

Hello !

I Love very much this game, the easter eggs was just awesome ! :) with my son we have spent some very good moment trying to find all the eggs, but we had missed only one egg ! :( We were so excited that we did not think of making screenshots or video of this amazing egg hunt. ;)
I have just one question ! When the door of the exit will be open ? :) because it's become a little boring to swim in this little swimming pool !
Thanks to have made this so cool game of diving ! ;)

up
8 users have voted.

Hi Pierrox,

We are expecting an update this week. From the hints we have been given the door in the tunnel won't be open but we will have a wreck to dive. Should be a big update!

up
7 users have voted.
pierrox's picture
Thanks for all the fish

Hi Krisper,

Yes ! :) thanks for this great news ! it's so so cool ! a wreck to dive ! I'm very happy ! :) thanks Krisper !
See you soon ....in the wreck ! ;)

up
6 users have voted.
Galactic Kegger's picture
Shark whisperer

A controls question if I may: The BC is currently assigned to Q+W = inflate and Q+S = deflate. This can be problematic with the WASD movement system because forward movement (W) while inflating the BC (Q+W) simultaneously is not possible.

I realize we're in early alpha, but would it be possible to reassign the BC controls to [Ctrl+Q] for inflate and [Ctrl+E] for deflate? This would allow for ascending, descending & neutral buoyancy control while speed kicking.

Thanks ... and great job guys. Can't wait for open water!

Oh - will there be a dolphin kick option?

up
8 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

Thanks for the suggestions This could be possible indeed. unfortunately not in this early alpha. We are still working on the permanent controls. It will take some time to implement al the right keys, so I can not say for sure how these will end up. We will work with this feature in mind.
up
6 users have voted.
yago's picture
Kraken

Ok Devs, i have a question to ask:

As you know, as you go deeper, water starts absorbing colors, making everything look blue.
I noticed that this doesnt happen in the game. Lighting has been dramatically improved, and the way the color behaves in the distance, but not with the depth.

Are you gonna add this in the final release. I know many non diving gamers might prefer the colors to be just the way they are all the way, but honestly, i think it will be waaaay more inmersive if you add this color absorption feature.

up
2 users have voted.

Hey Yago, that would be a great question to post here

up
6 users have voted.
yago's picture
Kraken

Hey Reinier,
thx, just posted it in there ;)

up
8 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

i was planning to write a comment, but now you will have to wait :P
up
4 users have voted.
mrkevvzime's picture
Aye aye captain!

how can i swim slowly without holding down the shift key?
I know I repeat myself, but after I tried Yongala map, I really need a free look.
For example, when I swim above shipwreck and I want to look at it, i swim automaticaly down to wreck :(

up
14 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

We're currently working on the "turret mode" camera movement, this will provide a solution for the camera aiming as it is right now. Not 100% sure if this feature will be in the next update, but you can expect it sooner or later.

Shift key: we will provide options for using the shift key in the next build:
- always swim fast, shift makes you swim slower
- always swim slow, shift makes you swim faster
- shift key makes you toggle: slow/fast swim.

up
3 users have voted.

I'm going to toggle the s**t out of that key <3

up
4 users have voted.
Chris's picture
Sea admiral

Toggle FTW - thanks!!

Twenty percent cooler in ten seconds flat!
NKAWTG
IYAMYAS

up
5 users have voted.

Ow yeah, toggle would be a great solution for everyone. I prefer a toggle in stead of a "hold that button" to sprint.

up
3 users have voted.

Sorry for asking but is the survey giving mistery object is finished?
Because i didn't the survey box next to the tunnel that make me worried...
i don't want to rush you of course!

up
6 users have voted.
mrwindy's picture
Need for speed-boat

Its good to know air will be put in at some point as being a diver in real life, having no air to worry about would realy kill it for me.
Nice idea with this thread by the way :}

up
10 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

We will add air. For now it is infinite, but we will change that in the future.
up
2 users have voted.

Have you guys played the excellent "Endless Ocean: Blue World" on the Nintendo Wii? I haven't, but I've watched nearly the whole thing via ZorakGoesOn's YouTube Let's Play videos (which you can begin watching here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsmO4V8bXwU&list=PLaVQYuFaXnsweGuuPlfcg0...). I highly recommend checking it out for environmental ideas in World of Diving. The game developers for Endless Ocean really did a fantastic job on the underwater world in the amount fish moving about, the different marine life you encounter, locations, etc. WoD definitely needs more of this kind of thing, especially more marine life, both in floating around and those that stick to ground areas.

BTW, something is wrong with the "My MIssions" board. I've already posted a few forum topics lately, yet it still says (0/1).

As for game additions, voice chatting with headsets would be excellent instead of only using a chatbox.

up
7 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

We have played Endless Ocean ourself. In fact, we have a Wii with that game in our office. The game is indeed a great inspiration for us, they did a nice job on the environment.

Thanks for noticing the bug. We will look into it.

Voice chatting will be a great addition to the game. We are already planning on adding this feature.
up
3 users have voted.
BraveDude8's picture
Scuba diver

Are you planning on adding any distortion to the ingame voice chat to try and make it seem more realistic?

Interstellar Marines does it very well, see this video. http://youtu.be/KTkdHJsdnI4?t=12m58s

up
4 users have voted.
Groovy Monster's picture
Triton

Wow, I LOVE this idea! Adds a lot of immersion to a game. Why don't all games (especially sci-fi and military shooters) do something like this? Arma 3 tries to do it a bit, but it's still nowhere near static-y and "hot" sounding enough to really sound like true military radio communication (unless you're using an add-on like ACRE, of course, which does it a lot better).

That said, I'm not sure how they'd apply it to WoD, specifically, to good and truly useful effect, but at the least it'd be cool if when you were on "comms" with a mate, it gave your voices a walkie-talkie, radio comms-like effect (optional), like you hear in a lot of real diving footage and documentaries. I'd definitely dig it!

up
3 users have voted.
Makik72's picture
Need for speed-boat

when are you going to add air consumption im wating for it

up
2 users have voted.
Dusty44's picture
Scuba diver

Hi any news on oculus rift dk2 support? sdk 4.0 is available now,thanks in advance.

up
1 user has voted.

I'm not sure if these question has been asked before, so please forgive me if it has.

Achievements & trading cards, can we expect to see them added to the game in the future? I'm not going to lie, I'm a big trading card hoarder. I also think that adding trading cards will boost sales.

Raptr Gamercard

up
3 users have voted.

Trading cards, achievements and backgrounds have been confirmed by devs a while ago. If you'd like me to I'll hunt down the topic where they said so, but I'm pretty sure my memory has not abandoned me on this one yet haha

up
1 user has voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

Ow Hey, I'm interested in the topic where trading cards are mentioned.
Can't remember or missed out on that one and it might conflict with a post I was preparing.

up
3 users have voted.

Let me get the bloodhounds out of the kennel and put on my boots and I'll go hunting right away ;-p

I found three topics concerning this, although I'm not so sure about the cards anymore, I'll have to hunt that one down further.

http://divegame.net/node/11894
http://divegame.net/node/39222
http://divegame.net/node/65924

up
1 user has voted.

Ok it took me a lot longer to find it but I did. Turns out I was searching the wrong forum haha, here is the confirmation: http://steamcommunity.com/app/251890/discussions/0/38596748121308189/

up
1 user has voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

Ow cool, wouldn't made the playing card thread if I knew about that.
Cool idea, looking forwards to seeing them :)

up
1 user has voted.

Nah man your playing card thread is a cool thing anyway, whether or not we'll be getting steam trading cards.

Pages