Ask a Dev Thread

up
8 users have voted.
Tony the TIGER SHARK's picture
Poseidon

Will we be able to do jobs under water to earn credits to buy things?

up
9 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Absolutely!
up
5 users have voted.

After watching the Steam Dev Days Convention on Youtube, specifically the section dealing with the upcoming steam controller, I was left wanting to know two things with regard to WoD:

1. Will you have a native support for the Steam Controller, will it be a control method you will officially support?
2. Will you include any sort of force feedback?

Vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfN5WK7OzU8&list=PLckFgM6dUP2hc4iy-IdKFtq...

up
7 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

1. The Steam version of WoD will definitely support the Steam controller, i'm not sure about the stand-alone mac/pc/linux version.
2. We are using the standard Xbox360 controller as default controller for now, so basic force feedback is included!

up
4 users have voted.
khemchad's picture
Poseidon

I use 3 monitor with eyefinity by AMD.

Is WoD support it?

up
5 users have voted.

Actually this is a brilliant question, i have 3 screens running Eyefinity, i'd like to know if WoD supports this and of equal importance if it supports full screen borderless window.

up
8 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

We haven't tested it out on 3 screens with Eyefinity. So I'm not sure it will support is.
up
7 users have voted.
OrangeFr3ak's picture
Aye aye captain!

Two questions. Will there be snorkels and do we get the Steam version for preordering?

up
9 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

Some day it will and yes.
up
9 users have voted.
Makoto Nanaya's picture
Sea admiral

Re-post from my topic, as recommended:

I just hit need for speed boat level (coolness) and noticed the experience boost has kicked in. I was assuming it would be a consumable for use in-game. So, my questions are will the exp boost be in-game also, and if so is it permanent?

up
5 users have voted.
Maphisto86's picture
Sea admiral

Will the game be only first person view or will there be a third person view as well?

up
5 users have voted.

I am not a Dev, but here is a link to a Devs previous answer to that question http://www.divegame.net/node/16153#comment-4282

up
5 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Thanks for answering this one!
up
3 users have voted.
truckstoppers's picture
Scuba diver

were can i find a list of the ranks in order?

up
5 users have voted.
Makoto Nanaya's picture
Sea admiral

Go to the support bar and click quick-start guide. Scroll down to rewards and click more info.

up
3 users have voted.

Will the alpha be distributed through steam or through the website only?

up
6 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

In the beginning through the website, like the prototype and the alpha
up
3 users have voted.
Scuba diver

The Fishs Attacks YOu when you are to close?

up
12 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

Not more than in real life.
up
9 users have voted.
Maphisto86's picture
Sea admiral

Probably a question with an obvious answer but I wanted to know does your character's diving mask in first person view changes depending on the model?

up
15 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

Wel not at the moment, maybe at a later point. It will be difficult some masks either. Like for the vintage helmet, which has a terrible view front inside.
up
5 users have voted.
Maphisto86's picture
Sea admiral

Heh true about the vintage helmet . . . then again why would anyone use that? ; ) In all seriousness I hope that a patch after the game is finished will give us custom views for most of the dive masks. If the game is only first person then we should see changes to the mask, hands, arms, legs, fins or whatever else you can see of your character should change based on changes to your character model.

up
16 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

It could be an options to change the view of the masks. You can already see your body, legs and arm in the current version. Luckily this isn't a first person shooter where you only are a pair of floating arms :) . We think it wills be more immersive if you can see your body.
up
7 users have voted.
Maphisto86's picture
Sea admiral

Hopefully that means we will eventually see parts of our character model customized. Speaking of which will gear like watches, dive computers, etc actually have functionality in the final game?

up
2 users have voted.
Juancho079's picture
Need for speed-boat

worse than that: you can not even swim horizontally :-/

I can tell

Juancho
PADI Instructor
www.h2obuceo.com

up
9 users have voted.
Poseidon

I'm gathering that you can control your head movement, but what other controls will we have?

up
5 users have voted.
ahmbouth's picture
Poseidon

what's the Swimming pool mission ?? is the prototype ready ??

up
7 users have voted.
gschmidl's picture
Poseidon

Soon (GDC).

up
7 users have voted.
Thanks for all the fish

I am looking at purchasing a new PC in the near future, and am curious as to the specs that the development team is using for testing; I am curious as to what the CPU, RAM, GPU, and HDD/SSD being used to develop this simulator (I refuse to call it a game)

up
5 users have voted.
Poseidon

I'm in the same position that you are and was wandering the samething

up
10 users have voted.
Joshua's picture
Aye aye captain!

In the office we have the following testing systems available:

High End:

i7 2600k (up to 3.8 GHz 4 cores 8 threads)
GTX 570
12 GB RAM

Mid-High-end:
- Dell XPS 8500
- AMD Radeon HD 7770 (4 GB memory)
- 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7-2600
- 12 GB RAM

Mid End:
i7 4770 (up to 3.9 GHz 4 cores 8 threads)
Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 integrated graphics (this is why it does not go above mid-end specs)
8GB RAM

Low End:
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS (265 MB memory)
- Intel Pentium D 3.2 GHz
- 2 GB RAM

Also take a quick look at our System Requirements Board: http://divegame.net/node/4081

up
5 users have voted.
Boeje's picture
Triton

will this game also support TrackIR ?
greatings martin

up
4 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

No it doesn't support Trackir.
up
6 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

... yet
up
6 users have voted.
ebubo's picture
Scuba diver

I hope by soon they mean tomorrow or even today!

up
2 users have voted.
Scuba diver

Nice

up
5 users have voted.
Makoto Nanaya's picture
Sea admiral

So, now that the swimming pool is out, how often do you plan on doing updates? I'm not asking specific timeframes, I'm more wondering if you intend to do a lot of frequent small patches to trickle in new features, or if you intend to do large content updates that will take a while.

up
3 users have voted.

I think it will be wise to wait some feedback about how did the swimmingpool stage, maybe will have small update to this for fixing some issue after they will figure to us what they are planning! For now we have just to test it and enjoy

up
1 user has voted.
Makoto Nanaya's picture
Sea admiral

You're probably right. I'm not saying they should rush out content now, I'm just curious what their plans are (if they have any at this point.)

up
8 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

There will be an game update this week (week of 31 march -april 4th). This update will mainly contain bug fixes.
We're still working on the complete roadmap, once its a bit more final i'll post more information on the site.

up
3 users have voted.
Makoto Nanaya's picture
Sea admiral

Thank you! I do like seeing roadmaps. Knowing what's on the horizon makes the anticipation all that much greater.

up
2 users have voted.
Kid18120's picture
Sea admiral

Great news!
Question: How will we have to update ? Download a new "package" and just install in the current directory ?

up
5 users have voted.
SharkBait's picture
Poseidon

Do you have any type of a timeline for a release of the Mac version of the pool? (I don't care, but my wife is a "Mac Person" and wants to play. I told her "They wanted to release it for the REAL computers first")

up
2 users have voted.
nanarocxie's picture
Sea admiral

Lol I know that probably upset your wife!

up
2 users have voted.
Kid18120's picture
Sea admiral

Hats off to you sir.
Challenging your "Mac Person" wife with such a statement... xD

up
2 users have voted.

Haha! I'm curious about the Linux version but only to try to run it on my crappy laptop to see how it works.

up
3 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Mac/OSX is not happy with all the fancy shader tricks that Vincent (our Lead artist) used to create the WOD ocean visuals. - So you can tell your wife it's Vincent's fault :P

ps. Vincent is working hard on fixing these issues ;-)

up
3 users have voted.
SharkBait's picture
Poseidon

oh no, I would never blame Vincent,

Its Apples fault!!!

up
3 users have voted.
Scuba diver

htdf

up
2 users have voted.
nanarocxie's picture
Sea admiral

I'm going to assume you're trying to get your diving level up but you don't have to spam like that. Just find threads you can post feedback or you could strike up a meaningful conversation.

Pages