Diving base: Lost

up
4 users have voted.
Scuba diver

Im new to the game and every time I complete a quest i get lost especially when trying to find the lagoon. I finally found after circling the entire Island twice. Now i'm stuck on the reel. I found the pipe but I cant figure out how to get the reel out. Does anyone know how?

up
3 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Hi Warhag739, welcome to the forums. After you complete a mission, go to the mission tab on your tablet. There is a button under the list of missions that you can press to go back to base. Sometimes if I get lost I'll just surface and look around for a landmark.

The mission with getting the reel out of the pipe is in two parts. The first part (#6 Clumsy Mechanic) is finding the pipe. Make sure you are activating the mission from the mission marker first. You need to do the next mission, #7 A Wrench can fix anything, to actually get to the reel to retrieve it. I really enjoyed this two part mission. It gives us a glimpse of things to come in this game.

up
2 users have voted.
Scuba diver

Where should the mission marker be I don't see it any where. Sry for being dumb I'm just very annoyed that it is taking me so long to do this

up
1 user has voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

I use the tablet to find all mission markers and final objectives. Here is my process.
I use the missions tab to select the mission. If you got your mission from Ray, it will already be selected.
Once I'm in the water, I go to the camera tab. As you turn around you will notice a compass with markers moving at the bottom of the camera. I can see it best in full screen mode.
Turn left or right until you see one of the diamond shapes on the compass that is all or partly gold in color. This is the direction to the marker for the mission. If it is all gold then the marker is around your current depth level. If only the bottom half is gold, then the marker will be at a lower depth. If the top half is gold then the marker is at a shallower depth.
Once you find the mission marker, activate it.
By turning or right, look for the new marker on the compass, it is a star shape. The star shape will lead you to the objective. It will be all or partially gold in color. All gold-- it's around your current depth. Only the top or bottom half gold--it's at a greater or shallower depth than you are.
Follow the star to the objective.

I hope this helps you with all missions. If you need additional information or are still having problems with this mission, just ask. Good Luck!

up
1 user has voted.
Scuba diver

Thx for help this info is going to be savior thank you

up
1 user has voted.
duel tanks's picture
Scuba diver

I got the wrench, but can't get to the reel.

up
0 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Once you have the wrench, get close enough to the grate so that it highlights then activate the wrench. I use a keyboard, so for me it's the "E" key.
If you are using a controller, then activate the wrench by using whatever method you used to pick up the wrench.

up
1 user has voted.
DegruyFan's picture
Diving buddy

i cant even get the wrench! i located the pipe, and i pressed e a bunch but it didint work!

up
1 user has voted.
DegruyFan's picture
Diving buddy

also if anyone knows how is free play unlocked?

up
1 user has voted.
DegruyFan's picture
Diving buddy

actually i found out how to open it i had to take a picture and then open it