Community Shipwreck progress

up
13 users have voted.
Fishstick's picture
Shark whisperer
Progress update #1 I have made a block-out of the ship to give you all the opportunity to post your ideas of what you would like to see added. Feedback is welcome, but be aware that this is only a block-out for the general shape, not any details.
up
7 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

That's a nice start.

up
6 users have voted.
djigivara's picture
Poseidon

Agree nice start...)))

Chicago5Over

up
11 users have voted.
Fishstick's picture
Shark whisperer

Update. I will start on the details soon and giving the shipwreck the right atmosphere.
up
6 users have voted.
djigivara's picture
Poseidon

Cool keep on the great Arts!...)))

Chicago5Over

up
5 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Great work on the ship so far. I was wondering, are the two top full sails going to be shredded like the others?

up
5 users have voted.
Fishstick's picture
Shark whisperer

Thank you. The idea is to have the wreck closely resemble the original concept: So part of it will be above water. The shredded sails you see now are a simple blockout still and may change soon.
up
4 users have voted.
Barrelfish's picture
Poseidon

I'm sorry to be negative, but is this 'ship' what you actually think a galleon looked like? It resembles a child's toy. What is the huge box on the stern supposed to be? Whatever it is it would have caused this 'ship' to roll over and sink the moment it was launched. As for the rest of it - well, I despair.

up
4 users have voted.
Fishstick's picture
Shark whisperer

Thanks for bringing it up. Don't worry about beïng negative as long as it's something we can work with.
up
4 users have voted.
Barrelfish's picture
Poseidon

I'm not worried about being negative - I'm worried that this model seems to be following the same trend as every other depiction of a wreck in WoD. That being an 'artist's impression' that clearly shows a profound lack of knowledge or research into what the original looked like or how it was built.
Aircraft and helicopters that would never have even left the ground because they were apparently built out of six-inch armour plate.
Ships that either could never have been steered due to either a total lack of rudders or indeed anything to mount the rudder on (Brony's galleon) or with rudders welded immovably to the sternpost which could never have been turned thus ensuring the ship's first voyage was a dead straight line to where she sank (Hilma).
A submarine which would have only ever submerged once due to the impossibly thick hull and the fact that the builders seem to have forgotten to install anything other than a couple of valve wheels and a few pipes inside it (U-352).
A battleship missing half its deck fittings despite the wealth of pictures freely available showing what this ship actually looked like, both before and after it sank.
A passenger ship which obviously turned turtle and sank due to the immense weight of its funnel - built seemingly out of steel several feet thick - rendering it completely top heavy. A funnel, which I might add, doesn't even exist on the real wreck (Yongala).
I could go on for a long time, but I think - hope - you get my drift.
If you want WoD to be taken seriously by anyone other than people who once heard a ship described but have never actually seen one then please at least try to inject some realism and authenticity into these models with just a little research!

up
6 users have voted.
Fishstick's picture
Shark whisperer

You are right of course in your arguments but do keep in mind that there will always be sacrifices for gameplay purposes (The U-352 example). That being said, I do strive for a more realistic outcome. The ship being out of balance in its current block-out state will be fixed. I'll keep you guys posted on a regular basis. The idea is that I do this with the community feedback so don't be afraid to post what you would like to see different.
up
4 users have voted.

Great. Nice Start. Glad to hear something :)

up
7 users have voted.
Fishstick's picture
Shark whisperer

Progress screenshot on mermaid statues that will be on the ships stern:
up
3 users have voted.
djigivara's picture
Poseidon

Like I already say Great Arts!...)))

Chicago5Over

up
8 users have voted.
Fishstick's picture
Shark whisperer

Update on the layout of the ship. Barrelfish, what do you think of the overall balance in the current state? One of the statues decorating the ship's stern.
up
1 user has voted.
djigivara's picture
Poseidon

Waow...)))

Chicago5Over

up
5 users have voted.
Fishstick's picture
Shark whisperer

To give an impression of the scale:
up
2 users have voted.
djigivara's picture
Poseidon

look nice...)))

Chicago5Over

up
4 users have voted.

Hi Fishstick!
Thanks for the pictures!
The front part gets too close to the Flying Dutchman for my taste.
And the two big round windows would not be in such an old ship.
Here are some nice inspirations:

up
3 users have voted.

Here is some cool reference for the cave:

up
6 users have voted.
Fishstick's picture
Shark whisperer

Hi Egyptsun. Thanks for the feedback and images. I will certainly look into it :) The round holes you are referring to are actually canon holes, which will be more clear.
up
1 user has voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Thanks for the picture. The round holes were throwing me off too, but now it makes more sense.
You are making good progress Fishstick.

up
1 user has voted.

Ok :)
Thanks for your feedback!

up
6 users have voted.
Fishstick's picture
Shark whisperer

Quick cave blockout:
up
4 users have voted.
BobRoss's picture
Shark whisperer

It is really starting to come together!
up
3 users have voted.
djigivara's picture
Poseidon

Nice pictures thanks for the share...)))

Chicago5Over

up
4 users have voted.

Thanks for the great Pics.
Great work :)

up
8 users have voted.
Fishstick's picture
Shark whisperer

New concept art
up
1 user has voted.

Nice!
Really nice lighting in your artwork!

up
3 users have voted.

Hi
Thats looks great :D

up
2 users have voted.

Any updates? would be great to be able to play it already

I´m an IT Manager, Programmer, Diver, Magician, Chef looking forward to write my first book, would love to become a Private Pilot, learning to flight in simulators. Living life at beautiful Barcelona 100 meters from the sea. Keep in touch and Rock On!

up
2 users have voted.

no updates?

I´m an IT Manager, Programmer, Diver, Magician, Chef looking forward to write my first book, would love to become a Private Pilot, learning to flight in simulators. Living life at beautiful Barcelona 100 meters from the sea. Keep in touch and Rock On!

up
1 user has voted.

Hello, any updates?

up
2 users have voted.

Any news? screenshots? would be awesome!

up
0 users have voted.
djigivara's picture
Poseidon

Hi...

Chicago5Over

up
1 user has voted.
Scuba diver

I started on decorating the community shipwreck scene. Keep in mind that we've done nothing with lighting, its just the start of decorating. Feedback is welcome :) Have a nice day.
up
0 users have voted.

Nice!
It would be cool if the canyons around the ship would be deeper (as in the artwork).
Maybe some caves below.

up
0 users have voted.
Scuba diver

Hi Guys ! Here's a new update on the community shipwreck level. So we've added gameplay to the scene, mission and fishes. Also we've changed the coral rocks near the ship. Sails has been added to the ship, the ship is full of flora and fauna. Lighting will be added soon and the terrain has to be paintend. We are going the right way.
up
0 users have voted.

Hi!
Thanks for the update!

up
1 user has voted.

How is this going? when are we going to be able to play it?