Community Shipwreck #1 Result/Concept

up
12 users have voted.
LWaals's picture
Need for speed-boat

Hello Everyone,

This is the concept for the Community Shipwreck, please feel free to share your feedback and ideas. A more detailed version of the ship will follow.

Update:

The last image is the final concept for the Community Shipwreck level.
Please let us know what you think and feel free to post your own ideas!

up
5 users have voted.

Nice drawing!
That's how I imagined the flying dutchman ;)

It needs to be somehow different from the flying dutchman.

up
6 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Agreed. I am surprised to see that we are doing another pirate ship. I like the drawings and the environment looks interesting. I think it will be fun if it's different enough from the Flying Dutchman and am looking forward to see how it develops.

up
6 users have voted.

Sweet.
Great Drawing. Awesome.
Can`t wait to its finished ;)

up
7 users have voted.

Nice, I think I'm in love with this concept ^_^ Also, hi everyone I'm still here just been busy with my new job. Should be seeing a little more of me when I switch back over to the 6-2 shift.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
5 users have voted.

Hi, I´ve been offline for a while, what was the result of the poll? which option got more votes?

I´m an IT Manager, Programmer, Diver, Magician, Chef looking forward to write my first book, would love to become a Private Pilot, learning to flight in simulators. Living life at beautiful Barcelona 100 meters from the sea. Keep in touch and Rock On!

up
5 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

The pirate ship. The pictures in the first post of this topic are the concept art for the site.

up
4 users have voted.

I think ist the Gooniesstyle PirateShip. :)
Shipwreck in a Cave.

up
3 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Ah yes, that's it. It looks like it will be a fantastic atmosphere.

up
5 users have voted.
djigivara's picture
Poseidon

Cool, hope this will be soon playable...)))

Chicago5Over

up
4 users have voted.

What is the latest? any news?

I´m an IT Manager, Programmer, Diver, Magician, Chef looking forward to write my first book, would love to become a Private Pilot, learning to flight in simulators. Living life at beautiful Barcelona 100 meters from the sea. Keep in touch and Rock On!

up
4 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

I haven't heard anything. According to the Friday DevBlog, the developers are coding and developing assets for the main game. I believe the plan is to work through the winter months and then release a significant update instead of doing smaller ones.

Hopefully work on the community project can resume after the main game is fleshed out some more.

up
3 users have voted.
djigivara's picture
Poseidon

Hi Jace, Yes nothing interesting or new happen! I think they are working on Smartphones aplications. And we have to wait more time!

Chicago5Over

up
4 users have voted.
Fishstick's picture
Shark whisperer

Hi everyone. I am here to continue the project over the next couple of weeks. I believe we can make something awesome out of this and would appreciate any feedback from the community. Check back regularly for updates!
up
2 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Thanks, Fishstick! I will be looking forward to the updates.

up
3 users have voted.

Hi Thank you Fishstick
Hope to hear something great from you :)

up
3 users have voted.
djigivara's picture
Poseidon

that s cool news...)))

Chicago5Over

up
4 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

In case you missed it, progress is being reported here http://www.divegame.net/node/125941

up
3 users have voted.
djigivara's picture
Poseidon

Thanks Jace...)))

Chicago5Over

up
7 users have voted.
DiverBang's picture
Scuba diver

Hello everyone, work in progress of a picture of the same scene but more wide to show the surrounding environment. More to come tomorrow..
up
3 users have voted.

The cave in the artwork looks pretty fun to be in so I hope the cave ingame will eventually look exactly like that

up
6 users have voted.
DiverBang's picture
Scuba diver

Thanks for your reply Piggly, the cave is in the work but so far its promising and i think its gonna be like that. Here's todays update
up
2 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Nice artwork, thanks for the update.
Since much of the ship is above water, will it be possible to climb to the upper levels?

up
5 users have voted.
DiverBang's picture
Scuba diver

Hey Jace, Yes, that's the idea! Here's a closer shot....
up
3 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

That's great. Thanks for the close up. It makes me want to start exploring.

up
4 users have voted.

yeah me too :)

I hope there is enough to discover underwater when most of the ship is above surface.
Maybe deep cracks and tunnels underwater?

Thank you for the artwork DiverBang!