Community Shipwreck #1 Ideas

up
12 users have voted.
LWaals's picture
Need for speed-boat

Edit: This thread is now closed. You can now vote on and discuss the Community Shipwreck by going to this thread.

Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your creative and awesome ideas for the Community Shipwreck!
I have gathered all the currently posted options and ideas that you have submitted.

In this thread you will have the opportunity to discuss the options with each other and post new options as well. Please note that this is not yet the official vote for the Community Shipwreck, so feel free to let out all your creative ideas and thoughts.

These are the options that I have gathered so far:

- Xcaret Underground River Mexico
- SS Thistlegorm
- Blue Hole
- Sunken Starship Enterprise
- Giant Female Underwater Atlas
- Baltic Ace
- Oil Rig
- Prehistoric Dinosaurs Diving Site
- Pirate Ship inside a cave (Goonies)
- Ghost ship
- Cancun Underwater Museum
- Underwater Missile Silo
- Sunken City/Castle
- PT 109 Dive Site
- USS Monitor
- CSS Virginia
- H.L. Hunley
- HMS Ontario
- Cornelius Drebbel Submarine
- Pirate Ship
- Titanic
- Airpocket
- Trainwreck
- Jellyfish Lake
- Crystal Caves
- Bioluminescent level
- SS President Coolidge
- Lake Jindabyne
- Grüner See

Once again, please feel free to post your ideas and comment on the ones listed above.

I am looking forward to your ideas and input!

This thread will be closed on the 30th of September to add all the newly suggested options to the vote. Until then you will have the opportunity to discuss your favorite options and come up with new ideas.

The vote for the community shipwreck will start on October 1st 00:00 (UTC+01:00) and will end on November 1st 00:00 (UTC+01:00).

After that, you will no longer have the opportunity to vote or to submit new options. So please make sure to keep the end-date in mind.

Thank you again for your input.

up
5 users have voted.

i submit again,that the community ship wreck be put on hold until after the devs finish with the flying Dutchman and using the freed up resources to focus on unf*ucking everything that we already have.

up
5 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

I agree that priority should be given to the developer's road map. However, I did not contribute to the community shipwreck to be an arm chair game developer manager. I pledged so that we as a community could design a shipwreck.

There is much we can do that will have no impact on the progress being made on the core game. Let's look at the existing ideas and even add new ones. We can narrow down the ideas to a few that can be voted on. Once we are ready then the developers can do their job, including when and how to implement our project.

There are already a lot of great ideas. I feel like a kid in a candy shop and want a little bit of everything. It will be hard for me to pick just one thing at this point. Let's go forward!

up
6 users have voted.

Providing that actual development take place month down the line after the dev team was had ample time away from focusing on levels and has more time to focus on the game base I would vote for the Prehistoric Dinosaurs Diving Site but only if there are dinosaurs otherwise its the cave portion of the Blue Hole.

up
7 users have voted.
Puc's picture
Triton

We totally agree with you! we will be working on this a little further down the line and focus on the game base first! On the other hand is this more of an artist job for us. Things like the game base is a coder thing. So the coders will be focussing on the game base while the artists are able to start working on the 3d models in the near future. And the artists will also have to finish the Flying dutchman first. I also think the plan for the ship won't be ready within a couple of days with so many pledgers;)

up
5 users have voted.

Yeah Prehistoric Dinosaur Diving site might bring some variation on the current realistic shipwrecks. Especially now that the devs are focussing on getting more and smarter AI into the game, this might lead to some interesting and attractive concepts (+will also attract a larger public).

up
7 users have voted.

Something I like to suggest. If anyone want to check out 10 of the worlds best learn to dive location that I found on the Internet. Some of the locations mention in it are neat and it gives a description about the area and why it's a great place.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
4 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Some very nice sites there. There was one that caught my eye because it has a shipwreck. It is Port Vila, Efaté, Vanuatu and the shipwreck is the SS President Coolidge.

This video gives a feel for the site:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZJhksUuFb4

It might be a good candidate for a realistic site, however it feels a bit like some of our existing wrecks.

up
4 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog/preview-a-giant-underwater-sculp...

This.

Can be combined with something else of course.

Or re-created in an other fashion or pose if dev team has problem with copyright laws.

I consider that indeed the map could be something a bit "not like" what we already have.

up
2 users have voted.
NAUI Diver's picture
Poseidon

This would be cool to have when all the maps are combined , it could be used in an area that might not have a lot of stuff. It could help tie maps together.

up
2 users have voted.

I have a few ideas to submit. Mostly resurrecting previous ideas I floated way back in the beginning.

The first being a variance of the crystal caves. http://divegame.net/node/107939

The second being the concept of bioluminescent….everything. http://divegame.net/node/17369 this ones more of a concept then a location but it would be interesting to see something like the above crystal cave or just a cave system in general have something like this, you could even play it off as the crystals provide the uv light to brighten the creatures….despite coral not growing in caves but minor details. You could even make it just a small lagoon like the one in the pool level just have it at night and use the whole glowing crystal thing. And if you can’t get over the unrealistic glowing crystals (because the game is SOO realistic in design now /s) you could set it in an aquarium, kind of like an attraction.

Another would be Jellyfish Lake
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jellyfish_Lake

Also how is the end vote going to work? Is it just going to be 1 month and whichever one has the most vote’s wins? Because that seems like it would be a terrible representation of everyone’s vote and would result in a bunch of scatter votes. For example I’ll admit it right here I’m going to vote for one of my ideas outright unless someone else really has something that I found more interesting them myself and I think a lot of people are going to vote that way and in the end just means the votes get spread out more the one at the end doesn’t necessarily mean everyone likes that option better just they managed to eek out an edge in the scatter shot, for example let’s say everyone voted but the winner was something I wouldn’t have voted on but I would have voted on the runner up had I know it would come down to those choices. My single vote of my original choice in the grand scheme of everything was basically meaningless. I think voting should be done in rounds, each time the top 50% of idea’s remain while the rest are discarded before voting starts again, that way you still have input on the final outcome even if your initial vote was nullified.

up
3 users have voted.
LWaals's picture
Need for speed-boat

Everyone will be able to select exactly 3 options when voting. Naturally, one of those votes will go to your own idea as you said already, but you will have to choose 2 other options as well. This way we want to eliminate the spread votes and make sure that the results are an accurate representation of what the voting members of the community would like to see in game!
up
5 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

Does that means that we cannot post more than one project ? Because having more suggestion would help, I think.

In that matter, I just remembered that there was this underwater lake/park in Austria. Water went up several meters and "drowned" a small part of land. Diving there is great because you can see land trees as if they were on land. You can follow underwater paths and even sit on underwater bench.

I think it is this lake : (click on the image for wikipedia)

up
3 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Here's a link to a topic that has a couple of video links to this site. I especially liked the video in the second link of the first post.
http://www.divegame.net/node/67698

up
2 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

Thank you sir!

up
5 users have voted.

I think we have enough ships to dive at and need more variation right now.
Something like a sunken city or some epic caves would be awesome in my opinion.

up
3 users have voted.

Thanks Virror.
I think so too. Its will be great to have a open Area with nice Plants, Fishs and very beautiful Location. :)

up
3 users have voted.
2shoes's picture
Need for speed-boat

I am down for something cave like 99% of the maps are open water.

up
1 user has voted.

Ya but supposedly were going to be getting a bunch of caves once the procedural cave thing gets finished and then large open water areas once the full procedural ocean gets implemented. If we are going to be getting all of these things anyways through the normal development of the game. I think we should use this community wreck for something that the dev team wouldn’t implement on their own. It would seem like a waste if we used the community wreck to ask for something like a plane old reef since we currently have a bunch and conceivably were going to get a crap ton more in the coming months. That’s why I proposed the crystal caves or the bioluminescent level or support Piggly Wigglys dino level, they all contain things that we wouldn’t get otherwise unless we specifically put it there thought the community wreck. .

up
2 users have voted.

A little late but I'm going to toss in the Great Coral Reef just to have something scenic to swim around in.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^