Game: ARK: Survival Evolved

up
2 users have voted.

Bought this game yesterday much to my wifes chagrin, the graphics are something that everyone bitches about as far as optimization I turned my settings to medium and had no problems. It was definitely wasn't amazing looking without it being on epic or ultra but it was still nice.

its a survival/prehistoric/dystopian/crafting/PVP game. I did great until one butthole killed me 3 times a roll. check it out on youtube, very easy to play. It has some quirks(cant figure out how to remove global chat from my screen).
I have only spent 5 hours but im enjoying it and its on sale now in the steam store.

up
1 user has voted.

I cant recommend it because it looks like shit on medium and high. Only with a 980 you can get 30-40 fps out of it, otherwise youre stuck with the 20 to 30 fps cap that everyone else gets+infinite loading screens. Performance problems really take the fun out of a game with a great idea. It will be fixed Im sure, because they are partnered with the big guys, but atm I would advise anyone to stay away from it unless youlike playing games that play with permanent 'lag'

up
1 user has voted.
Barrelfish's picture
Poseidon

The dev's are working hard on this one - updates coming in sometimes three a day. There was a definite improvement in performance across the board with the last big one, so I've got every hope this game is going to turn into something really good.