Map question please

up
5 users have voted.
Thanks for all the fish

Will there be a map? Searching in an open area without a grid to see where you have searched is a tad annoying.

Thanks in advance for any help :) :)

up
5 users have voted.
Ron Jon's picture
Thanks for all the fish

You can find everything with your divecomputer. You can switch the location you search.
Maybe they make a map.

up
3 users have voted.
djigivara's picture
Poseidon

Hi, I asked the same question too...

Chicago5Over

up
3 users have voted.
Thanks for all the fish

Thanks for the replies :)

I was thinking specifically about things like coins, apologies for not being more clear.

Thanks again :)

up
4 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

Yes I was asking for a map function too, whould be nice.
But maybe they have not implemented it yet because there are only 7 sites and no generated ocean available, so it whould be to easy for the moment by having a map to find everything hiden really fast.

I was making for myself a little scratch of all the sites for a bit orientation, but not precise at all... ;)

up
4 users have voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

Hi Fiach,

The idea of an map implementation is a good idea.

Some users mentioned it could spoil the exploration element though. I think therefor no community made maps have been posted.

Sure you noticed the markers on the diving computer. Maybe they'll add location markers to the oceanopedia too.

What sort of map you have in mind Fiach?, like a mini map or a big map. One with points to explore or discover?

up
2 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Although it's not a level map, FlaGuitars created a nice map of the Bismarck wreck. You can find it here http://www.divegame.net/node/112742

up
4 users have voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

Cool you found the link from Fla, wanted to look it up. Think that is the only posted community map so far.

Perhaps more will be posted if they're not considered spoilers, or the Oceanopedia diving site feature is implemented.

up
5 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

Instead of a hud map, that could be invasive, why not a map+sonar+gps (underwater version) on the wrist ?

A miniature underwater version of that ? (it could even be in black and white or in digital display ?)

up
3 users have voted.
Ron Jon's picture
Thanks for all the fish

That'd be great!

up
3 users have voted.

That's an interesting idea. Maybe we can have an option of the standard dive computer that we have now or be able to select something like that.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
4 users have voted.
Thanks for all the fish

Thanks very much for the in-depth replies guys.

I don't want a particularly detailed map, even eg. a black back ground with green grid lines and an arrow head to show where you are in relation to the area that you are in, so you can grid search without retreading old ground so much. Its not so much to show where stuff is, just where you are in relation to the whoie area if that makes sense :)

Thanks again for the replies :)

up
3 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

For more realism, the "map" device could be attached to the scooter.

up
2 users have voted.
Thanks for all the fish

Actually that would be incredibly cool! :)

up
1 user has voted.
munch_30's picture
Scuba diver

Maps are always good