What about a giant female underwater Atlas ?

up
5 users have voted.
up
1 user has voted.

:)

up
3 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

Don't blink ! To the underwater Tardis ! :p

Not sure it would be a map per se, but it could be a part of one, or for instance a part of a bigger network of underwater statues.

up
2 users have voted.
up
2 users have voted.
linksleo's picture
Poseidon

It would be a good addition to Bismark or Lockheed I think. some place that is very dark or very Bright!

up
1 user has voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

Hehe nice one, looks great :)

up
1 user has voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

Lockheed would be a good idea but Bismarck I am a little sceptical : the idea of the statue is that it holds the surface of the water like Atlas was doing with the world. The original work is that it is really near the surface. Bismarck doesn't have a surface :D

up
2 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

:D

Yup, should be just under the waterline

up
1 user has voted.

That be interesting to have. Maybe instead of making a new map for that, it could be added onto the Dive base map.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
2 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

Won't that be to much crowded, Diving Base has already a statue, whouldn't it be better to place that on another site like Lockheed, next to the oystercanyon where its going down (unreachable atm) it whould have space for that I guess?

Or a complet new map for it?

up
0 users have voted.

What I meant was expand the divebase out and maybe have it located somewhere else around the island.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
1 user has voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

Indeed I would prefer (this is a hypothetic conversation, right ?) lockheed to divebase, since divebase (if I understood correctly ?) will already welcome the flying dutchman ?

up
2 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

Oh really, where did you heard that about the Diving Base and the Dutchman?
Yes I am hypothetic, just thinking about things may become from my point of view :)

At least we can feed the devs and designers with some ideas, what they will take out of it is their decision :)

up
1 user has voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

About the Dutchman, I read someone complaining about the fact that it would be merged with dive base after the live events for the devs.

But after all it.could be only someone wishing to rant for no reasons... I suppose if you don't know about it, it means that it will not be the case... After all : you would be the first to know !

up
2 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

I'm not sure but I thougt they said something like they wanne use a already existing new level (Caribean style) for it instead of creating a total new one.
You are right, neither Jesse nor Sieb did yet talk to me about that in detail so if it whould be the Diving Base they whould have told me ;)

up
1 user has voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

The idea of a net of global statues I really like, also ancient ruins and off course the legendary Atlantis whould be pretty cool having it finding it's way into the game.

I think one very important thing to realize such projects whould be a development kit for the community, with editor tools for modeling so everybody that has some skills can be creative, producing Usermade contents that can be shared.

Starting with outfits, equipment, monuments, animals, and maybe even whole sites :)

up
2 users have voted.
linksleo's picture
Poseidon

An addon concept like MSFS would be cool.

up
2 users have voted.

wow, did any of you check out the link in that article about his 500 life size statues?! That would be kinda creepy to dive. Amazing how quickly the coral take back over. http://www.underwatersculpture.com/sculptures/the-silent-evolution/

up
1 user has voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

Wow, this is really cool, thank you for the link Wusker :)

up
1 user has voted.

yeah no I just saw something interesting, THANK YOU, TO ANAHITA!!!

up
1 user has voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

De nada :)