Subnautica Gameplay Videos by Phaota

up
10 users have voted.

Hey all! Thought you might enjoy watching my various gameplay and glitch findings for the awesome "Subnautica" game. If you haven't played it, I highly recommend doing so. Very enjoyable and is a bit like WoD in that you spend most of your time diving, but on an alien world with unusual aquatic wiildlife and terrain. Plus, you make a submarine, a quick little submersible and sea bases. There is a lot to like about the game and it keeps getting better every day. Anyway, here is a link to my many YT videos in their playlist. Hope you enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8g1g-GgOY997NoEwG-rhPc6spALKiXNY

UPDATE at of 05/15/2015: BTW, I've been taken on as an official playtester for UnknownWorlds and have been reporting bugs on a regular basis for them in the last two months now, as well as partaking in weekly live playtesting sessions with the devs and other testers via TeamSpeak. This is what I was doing for the WoD devs, just not officially. So, it's awesome to finally be able to truly help out in the development of the game. I post all my bug reports on the Subnautica Playtesting page on Trello, as well as occasionally on the Steam discussion boards, where I help out a lot with players.

up
5 users have voted.

Added two more videos and fixed up the links better.

up
7 users have voted.
up
7 users have voted.

Looks like a lot of fun :)

up
5 users have voted.
up
3 users have voted.

What aliens? It's on a water world with exotic marine life, but there are no aliens in Subnautica.

BTW, I've added links to the newer gameplay videos.

up
6 users have voted.
Barrelfish's picture
Poseidon

Yes there is - you!

up
4 users have voted.

the graphics for this game are great

up
6 users have voted.

I agree the graphics are great but I prefer WOD style of graphics 100% more. They are more realistic. I also agree that the aliens are a turn-off. Every creature in Subnautica is an alien. It may be aquatic marine life but totally alien marine life. I enjoy Subnautica alot but it can not hold a candle to WOD when it comes to diving. Building stuff and actives are a different story and in that aspect Subnautica is a winner. WOD feels like a simulator (missing some realistic features) and Subnautica feels like a video game. Both are great.

up
0 users have voted.
up
2 users have voted.

Seriously? That's your only complaint? The only alienesque thing about the game are the aquatic lifeforms, and even then, they are not that alien. The game is terrific in all aspects of underwater exploration and more elements of such will be coming in the near future. Don't turn it down just because it has an alien world background.

up
4 users have voted.
scubapro's picture
Aye aye captain!

I have also been watching the development of subnautica. I like the idea of an alien environment to explore and I may buy in when it is a bit more functional. The graphics are a bit more cartoonish (exaggerated proportions) compared to WOD but also more detailed. Thanks for the videos.

up
3 users have voted.

A bit more functional? It's there now and more. There's plenty to experience in the game, so I'd go ahead and buy it now so you can be on board as it developments.

up
2 users have voted.

Comment moved to the leading one at the top.