My own shipwreck: The Flying Dutchman (in process)

up
53 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

Hello everybody, together with the devs we are looking forward to realize the wreck of the Flying Dutchman, sunken somewhere in the Caribbean! :)

I like this game very much and wanne help on one side the comunity to get another diving site for more variety to play, and on the other side the growing and improving of the game development by funding a cool shipwreck diving site worth the Flying Dutchman.

So, please feel free to post your ideas and suggestions during the process, I will pick up what seems good to me and can be done and let the devs realize it!

Pat

Here is a status of things that are already in discussion:

Ship:
- Model as close as possible to the original - In progress
- Stern ornament will be a octopus - In progress

Diving spot surface:
- Caribbean island with a bay - Open wish
- A small stone ruin (maybe underwater?) - Open wish

Diving spot underwater:
- Grotta with treasure chest - Open wish
- Ship in chains above the ground - Open idea

Fauna:
- Octopus - Open wish (On ice, Introduction into the game and this site later)
- Hammerhead shark - Open wish
- Moray - Open wish

Specials:
- Special camera let you see ghost things - Open idea
- Ghost Buddy for diving - Open idea
- Funny ghost following you and make jokes with you - Open idea
- Organ music hearable in close range to the captain's quarter - Open wish
- Organ visible in captain's quarter - Open wish
- Light and shadows of the captain in his quarter - Open wish
- Having day/night time simulation with sun/moon light - Open idea
- Hearing the captain's wooden leg walking when diving under deck - Open wish
- Gold,silver and treasures lying arround in captain's quarter and hold of ship- Open wish
- Glowing ship and corals at night - Open idea
- Treasure chest with beating heart, can be heard only close - Open wish
- Special pirate dublones, wreck specific ones - Open idea
- Somewhere on the wreck having a reference to the wreck founder- Open idea

A collection of Sieb's Artwork on the Flying Dutchman and the diving site can be found here:

Sieb's Artwork

up
33 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

The Flying Dutchman

Maybe sunken looking a bit like that but not that much lying to the side

up
14 users have voted.

Moraine? Is this going to be in an area where glaciers shaped the landscape? Moraines are defined as "accumulations of dirt and rock that have fallen onto the glacier surface or have been pushed along by the glacier as it moves." I assume the local for the dive site would be tropical in origin, like that of the Tranquility wreck, so there wouldn't be any moraines. Were you meaning Morays, as in Moray Eels? As for ghosts, definitely full torso vaporous apparitions moving in and out of view on and inside the ship, but not as a dive buddy. From your special features options, I can only assume this wreck would be a permanent Halloween-like location. That would be very cool.

up
15 users have voted.

Come on :) of course giant morays :)
(I wrote this on page two)

It was just an idea when I saw the giant octopus :)

up
9 users have voted.

HI
I am soo excited on this Ship.
The Picture looking real great
Can hardly wait to discover it :)

up
5 users have voted.
Scuba diver

Me too!!

up
3 users have voted.
Scuba diver

LAying on the side adds realism tho))

up
0 users have voted.
Diving buddy
up
18 users have voted.

Nice idea you have there. There are two known ways to get it in the game, you could hope that it gets voted on in the community funded shipwreck or you could personally fund it yourself.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
17 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

You did make your own wreck too, how long did it take that the developers contacted you after funding?
I haven't received any mail yet after 24 hours.

up
15 users have voted.

yeah great idea, I love it! SGT is right though at this point funding it yourself, is going to be the only way to see it in the next year. Our current community wreck has been under development and waiting for funding from us for at least 9 months I think.

SGT Brony how to you do the link thing again and title it like you did, I know how to link in html but cant remember how to link with a specific title. NVM ill google it I guess, knowledge is power

up
10 users have voted.

use this code with this < in front of the first "a" and at the end

a href="website url here" >type text

up
15 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

Ok guys I have funded it, waiting for official mail! :)

up
13 users have voted.

it took them a couple of months, but mine was also during the developing of the website and getting the beta of the game up and running. Your should be contacted within a week. Also thanks for giving us another dive map. ^_^

up
12 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

Wooohooow confirmation mail has arrived today! :)
Let's all be creative now, everybody's invited for suggestions, please let me know your ideas so we can make the best out of it ;)

up
6 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Wow! Thanks Pat! You are REALLY committed to the game. A BIG thank you for your commitment and your gift to the community.

up
7 users have voted.

WOW, Seriously that's awesome! I wish I could do the same

up
8 users have voted.

I dunno if they will be able to implement a copy of the priates of the carribean ship, since its probably copyrighted. But to show people that its really a ghost ship, you can ask them to let some ghostly stuff happen and/or leave some specific relics behind...its up to you

up
6 users have voted.

Ok if you want suggestions: you can attract people to your map by maybe integrating a special camera feature that lets you see ghostly things through the camera only (and maybe document them in the encyclopedia).

For the ship, youre basically free to do whatever you want, since there is no official documented example of the ship

up
4 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

Ghost would be seriously fun !!!
I suggest indeed to use a (somewhat...) Different model than potc's model since indeed Walt Disney is touchy on the copyright problem.

On the other hand, since our dev team never reproduced a real model exactly, we have nothing to fear :p

Sarcasm beside, minor adjustments or inspiration over historical illustrations should be enough to be protected :)

Congrats for the pledging !

Edit : it could be great if it was just under the surface, only upside down !

up
1 user has voted.
Scuba diver

Indeed

up
6 users have voted.

Well here's a Wiki page about the Flying Dutchman to help generate some ideas.

As for me, I'll troll through the internet to find some reference pictures of paintings about the Flying Dutchman to give inspiration.

As for the ghost idea, two ideas come to mind.
1) Ghost swimming buddy
2) have an invisible ghost that followers the diver and have a set a hands appear in front of your mask like someone is playing "Who is it" or program to appear and swim towards the diver.

up
15 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

More photos of the Flying Dutchman:

up
10 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

Blueprints of the Flying Dutchman:

up
11 users have voted.

If disney notices that vertigo games is making profit from their stuff, they'll have a big lawsuit on their ass... So better change a lot of things, maybe different ornaments and remove the trademark front of the ship (the crab-claw thingy)

up
4 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

A quote from the devs: "We will try to come as close as we legally can" :)

up
4 users have voted.

Crazy organ music playing during the dive. Davey Jones plays crazy organ music"

up
4 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

Yes I agree, that's one cool thing I whould like to have,
when nearing the Captain's cabin, you can hear some organ music in the background :)

up
4 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

Well, it is not so difficult to creat one.
- Legend comes from XVIIth century, so for a ghost ship, it chould have kept it's own original form. (XVIIth ship)
- Galleon is a frequent ship shape in the 1600's. Plus, Galleon has a specific "dramatic" shape. So it is easy to find an inspirational shape on the web. (only look for "Galleon" on google image...)
- Once the shape is chosen, all it needs is more dramatic effects, with old wood, and rust, and creativity :)

up
2 users have voted.
CATFISH's picture
Poseidon

Have a giant octopus living inside it. The tentacles appearing out of the port holes.

up
3 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

Good idea, I agree to that, a giant octopus occupy parts of the Captains cabin, some tentacles coming out windows and holes, moving a bit arround :)

up
12 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

We can confirm that this ship from Pat Tornado,will be taken into development. Just like the Brony ship, it will have his own Unique level. You are all free to give suggestion and feedback on this.

Just a small side note, that the development of this Shipwreck, won't interfere with the development of gameplay. After the Nile river and Unity 5 update, we will fully focus on adding new features and gameplay. This map will be build in the same time.
up
12 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

My ideas about the kind of diving spot somewhere in the Caribbean:
I whould like to have it in the bay of a little island maybe the shape a bit like this:

With more higher places on the sides, a bit like this:

Having to both sides of the bay entrance a rocky terrain:

Ending to a kind of beach in the middle:

up
5 users have voted.

That looks a bit like the lokheed area

up
9 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

For the underwather atmosphere I am thinking on a sandy ground with elements like this:

up
2 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

Yep... I confirm : Lockheed :) That would be great, because Lockheed is an ambiant that is almost used only for Lockheed :)

up
9 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

Things I whould like to see at the spot underwater:

!!! This one is not realizeable at the moment because of intense work and maybe will be introduced later !!!

up
5 users have voted.
NAUI Diver's picture
Poseidon

A giant octopus would definitely be bad ass! Once the community wreck is completed I will put some money towards this wreck!

up
2 users have voted.

Pat has fully funded this NAUI, put your money into the community wreck

up
9 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

Things I whould like to see on the surface (or below):

- A little ruin maybe

up
6 users have voted.

Missed this thread for way too long, thanks for the level Pat Tornado! Bizarre to realize buying your own shipwreck only bumps you up to Sea Admiral...0_0

up
5 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

I'm glad that this financial injection will bring a lot of fun to all of you divers :)
No problem, I was getting a nice experience boost and level up for it, the rest I will earn by myself having fun in here exploring everything :)

up
5 users have voted.

yeah including the fact that that's another 112 XP daily and another at least 10 dabloons daily. plus another new area to explore

up
3 users have voted.
djigivara's picture
Poseidon

great idea, I hope that will be done soon...

Chicago5Over

up
13 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

A kind of grotta at the site whould be nice:

up
4 users have voted.

with a treasure chest! some skulls and a giant pirate sword sticking out on top of a pile of gold

up
2 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

Yes exactly, a scene like that whould fit perfect! :)

up
5 users have voted.
up
4 users have voted.

Thank you Pat for this big contribution!
Big thumbs up!

up
5 users have voted.
linksleo's picture
Poseidon

Yes, thank you and looking forward to the Dutchman's release!

up
7 users have voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

Thanks a lot for funding this shipwreck PaT!
Build one of these as a kid as a scale model, a glow in the dark model.

Perhaps it would be cool for a kid to see such a vessel in a game like WoD. Certain Vertigo will make it look cool :) Best wishes for making your design.

Pages