Official Ocean-o-Pedia thread

up
5 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

I'm so excited about the upcoming new stuff, this game is really fantastic :)

up
3 users have voted.
linksleo's picture
Poseidon

Looking forward to walking around on the surface , and possibly being able to walk into the dive shop.

up
4 users have voted.
up
12 users have voted.

If gta had scuba gear and the option to dive around, itd be probably the most fun diving game on pc

up
8 users have voted.
NAUI Diver's picture
Poseidon

There is a way to get scuba gear, if you pay as Michael, Franklin, or Trevor you can get it by getting the Dingy and jumping in the water. I don't think you keep it though, haven't played in a long time.

up
5 users have voted.

You have to buy the Sonar Collections Dock first though. Also, there isn't an underwater photo op mission, which is surprising since there is one for Franklin concerning land animals, which nets him the new Kraken sub when you complete the mission.

up
8 users have voted.
djigivara's picture
Poseidon

great progress, dev doing excellent job.

Chicago5Over

up
10 users have voted.
Thanks for all the fish

I played a MMO game called Ryzom which also had a 'pedia and it added an incredible amount of depth and context to the game world, this sounds like something similar, brilliant!

up
12 users have voted.
Mako Shark's picture
Shark whisperer

I think the ocean o pedia is a great idea. You can show to people how much you have explored and discovered such as rare species and you might get rewards for finding some rare ones maybe even special creatures like albinos and unique things. It would also be awesome to have some really interesting creatures to find like morays slinking through rocks, octopi and cuttlefish blending in, flounders and rays dissapearing into the sand, whales and porpoises swimming in areas, perhaps whales could be background animals in areas where you can't go. Maybe also add easter eggs like a colossal squid on a deep sea map.

up
8 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

I took a look at the Ocean-o-Pedia after the Unity 5 release and really like the look of it. I had some fun trying to get 3 star photos of a couple of the fish. There is a wealth of information included. Nice job and kudos to all involved.

up
5 users have voted.

it really adds a ton to the game, just getting the 3 star photos is a lot of content added.

up
3 users have voted.

I have 51% on Oceanopedia all with 3 stars (Tilapia was hard to get 3) anyone find something I missed?

EDIT, Also the fact that I see the silhouette of a Killer whale and a Sperm Whale, Jellyfish is very nice, looking forward to it.

EDIT EDIT, why does it not show the sting ray?

EDIT EDIT EDIT, found the clown fish, forgot about and it put me at 51%

up
7 users have voted.
Phena's picture
Need for speed-boat

Hi Wusker,

We are still working on the content of the Oceanopedia ( it requires a lot of research in order to provide high qualtiy information! ). This is why some fish don't have images, placeholders, or aren't there yet at all ( such as the sting ray ). We are also working on more flora and fauna for the game, I hope we can get that in for the next large update.

You can't reach 100% yet because the fauna and diving sites aren't available yet, but they are already in the game files. Also, some of the fish aren't capturable yet ( sperm whale, jellyfish, etc. )
up
4 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

I don't know if I am the only one having the problem but seahorses are bugged : their pictures cannot be taken anymore. For the ocean-o-pedia or for the missions.

up
6 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

I can take pictures of them, but they are not recorded in the Ocean-o-Pedia. I tried the mission a couple of times and found two seahorses that could not be photographed, thus breaking the mission. I had photographed ten seahorses before I got to those two.

EDIT: I went ahead and reported the mission problem in the "Account & mission support section". Link: http://www.divegame.net/node/122344

up
2 users have voted.

where did you find seahorses? I cant find em'

up
4 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

There are some at the Brony site just outside the captains quarters near a challenge mission tank

up
4 users have voted.

Also up on the lookout

up
1 user has voted.

Anyone having an issue taking photos of the seahorses? I took many shots right up next to them and even in groups, but the Pedia doesn't register that I did. No stars at all. I even redid the photo mission to see if I could get them that way and nothing. BTW, that mission is bugged due to the last set of horses not allowing the player to photograph them. Also, you can't get full stars for the Tiger and Tilapia fish in the Okavango, no matter how many up-close images you take.

up
3 users have voted.

not true I did finally get from 1-2 to eventually 3 stars for the Tilapia, I had to get REALLY REALLY close. but it can be done ill get a screenshot and edit it in this post

EDIT* http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=454453684

up
2 users have voted.

Either way, there is a bug. You shouldn't have to get right up next to them nor take dozens of photos to do it.

up
4 users have voted.

yeah our right, seahorses are a no go, no matter how close you get.

up
4 users have voted.
Phena's picture
Need for speed-boat

Thanks for the seahorse bug report, will look into it!
up
3 users have voted.

Also the catfish in the delta don't count either in the oceanopedia.

up
2 users have voted.

Still can not get the Tigerfish to count in the Pedia. I've taken dozens of photos, upclose and distant, to gain nothing. Same goes for the silverblue fish at the starting buoy dock above the Yongala and the catfish in the Okavango. Already noted the seahorses are bugged. I finally did get the last star on the Tilapia, but like others, it took dozens of upclose and distant shots just to get it. That shouldn't be needed.

up
4 users have voted.
Phena's picture
Need for speed-boat

Thanks for the reports, they will be solved in the next update.
up
4 users have voted.

Awesome glad to hear, and yeah Phoata has the list I have, except for a few in games creatures im sure you are all aware of that don't show in the oceanopedia

up
6 users have voted.
huszarl's picture
Poseidon

Ocean o pedia is a great idea, thanks for developers. It is ideal for VR users.
For instance, when I use oculus VR headset I can't go to Wikipedia.

up
0 users have voted.
Scuba diver

g

up
1 user has voted.
Naui_diver's picture
Need for speed-boat

up
0 users have voted.
Scuba diver

g

up
1 user has voted.
Scuba diver

g

up
5 users have voted.
Bullhone's picture
Scuba diver

looking good it has me driving just to find different fish

jt

up
0 users have voted.

Spam

up
0 users have voted.
NAUI Diver's picture
Poseidon

The Devs are doing a great job, people need to consider that it's hard to translate the sport of SCUBA into a video game. They aren't going to please everyone.

up
0 users have voted.
up
0 users have voted.
nityamehta's picture
Diving buddy

Hmm… I interpret blogs on an analogous issue, however, i never visited your blog. I added it to popular also I'll be your faithful primer.
Blonde Call Girls in Bangalore

Nitya

Pages