New Diver from UK

up
9 users have voted.
NotIrish's picture
Thanks for all the fish

I did try to find a welcoming topic where you introduce yourself but couldnt find one soooooo...

Hello! I'm Becca or as my close pals call me "Not Irish" And im not actually Irish lmao, I'm from the North East of the UK, recently got the game to play multiplayer with a bunch of friends(I got the game for them for crimbo in the 4 pack steam sale) My name on Steam is Not Irish, so if you find me and Mr Stacker online in a game feel free to join us :D

I havent actually been diving for real, but it is one of my dreams to go diving with sharks, one day i hope i get the chance :P

Pretty new to the game, only just figured out how to find coins and peals to buy stuff yesterday haha, if you guys have any tips and tricks please do feel free to share! :)

photo dc83f94e-a067-43de-90ec-c61dfd64ebe6_zps6164303d.png

up
4 users have voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

Hi NotIrish,

Welcome to the World of Diving forum.
Cool to read you bought the 4 pack for your friends, hope they'll enjoy the game, with Stacker in special.
Many non-divers and rl-divers here, some posted rl videos of shark dives which might interest you.

Be sure to ask if there's a specific tip you're looking for.
As for collection the coins, be sure to give the Lockheed map a try. Ow and the coins ( in contrast to pearls ) reset upon restarting the map.

See you down the blue :)

up
2 users have voted.
NotIrish's picture
Thanks for all the fish

Thats very handy to know about the pearls and coins, Thanks very much, We were starting to wonder if the pearls reset or not, this clears it up.

I've seena few of the videos, they are amazing, I'd love to live somewhere where diving is always there to try, maybe one day :)

up
0 users have voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

As said, don't hesitate to ask if there's more you folks wonder about.

Diving in real life is an awesome experience, hope the both of you will give it a try one day. Totally would want to live at such a place too :)

up
4 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Hi Notirish, welcome to WoD and the forum. You bought the 4 pack for your friends? Now that's class. I hope you all enjoy the game. Be sure to check out the missions (yellow tanks). It seems like there was a reward the first time I completed all the missions on a level. It was some extra coins I think.

Here's some links that were helpful to me when I first started.
Reinier's Guide http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=297597768
WoD Quickstart http://www.divegame.net/quickstart

Have fun under the seas :)

up
4 users have voted.
NotIrish's picture
Thanks for all the fish

Yeah they seemed interested in it and i thought, why not :P
We were playing earlier today and completed a few missions and got 5 coins for each of them :D We'll have to try and do more of them they seem to be a lot of fun.

Thank you for the links, Im more than sure we will find them super useful! :) Thank you!

up
2 users have voted.

Hi Notirish...... Welcome to the fun !!!

up
1 user has voted.
NotIrish's picture
Thanks for all the fish

Thank you! :D I'm looking forward to playing with everyone

up
1 user has voted.

Welcome aboard, Notirish from another Brit. :)

up
3 users have voted.
NotIrish's picture
Thanks for all the fish

Thank you :) Its good to see another brit around, havent met very many!

up
3 users have voted.
higgsy99's picture
Scuba diver

welcome

up
2 users have voted.

Welcome!