up
0 users have voted.
SharkBait's picture
Poseidon
up
3 users have voted.
SharkBait's picture
Poseidon

Once you get below 100 feet, controls could get sluggish, it could be random depth and severity.

up
0 users have voted.
Reignhardt's picture
Aye aye captain!

How do you prevent that in real life?

up
3 users have voted.

It's not something you can prevent really, it happens when you go below a certain depth. The deeper you go the more nitrogen dissolves into your blood. And this affects people in different ways. I know a scuba instructor who won't dive below 30m because it affects him a lot.

I usually dive 32 - 40m my first dive. And I definitely get narced over 30m, but while I am down there I hardly notice it. All I know is I feel great, often we come up and are just raving about what a great dive, even though we didn't see much. It is just a feeling of euphoria and it lasts for quite a while.

You do have to be aware though, I have to remind myself to check my gauges, it is easy to get caught up in the moment.

up
1 user has voted.

Actually there is something you can do about it, get trimix. Take some nitrogen out, add some helium and bobs your uncle you can be down at 50 with an equivalent narcotic effect of 20m.

There is one down side, it's not cheap.

up
0 users have voted.

Cool, adding a trimix filling station to WOD would be a great addition for deeper dives.

Do they lower the O2 in trimix too? Just wondering about O2 toxicity.

up
6 users have voted.

Haha, i first read it as "Getting Naked" : p

up
0 users have voted.
Kraken

Came here to post this, leaving satisfied.

up
0 users have voted.
gschmidl's picture
Poseidon

One of the other currently-released diving games actually does this with amusing screen effects (warping, dimming, ...)

up
1 user has voted.
Scuba diver

Was that game Infinite Scuba? I played it and it was sooo boring and limited! XD
That effect was decent in how slightly disorienting it made you feel though at the very least.

up
0 users have voted.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty boring too, find this, find that. I couldn't be bothered after a couple of plays.

up
0 users have voted.

I looked at the trailer video.. I was utterly disgusted that they call it a diving simulation...

And this sums up only a fraction of the game http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:wb4t6Qju7poJ:forum....

(it's cached because the site keeps saying they're only allowing x amount of guests to view their forums unless you register. So I just viewed a cached version of the page hehe)

But seriously. That game looks awful lol.

up
1 user has voted.
Hangar34's picture
Aye aye captain!

I'd like to see the implementation of hallucinations, e.g. ghostly mermaids while experiencing a rapture of the deep :)

up
0 users have voted.
Puc's picture
Triton

that might actually be a good idea to do some fantasy stuff..
http://divegame.net/node/4097

up
1 user has voted.
SharkBait's picture
Poseidon

That would be cool.

up
0 users have voted.

I might consider something like that, but needs to be suggest in my ship building thread for me to consider first ^_^

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^