Subnautica Release date announced.

up
15 users have voted.

It's 31 october

up
4 users have voted.

Awesome news! Have they released the required system specifications yet? I hope my potato has a chance to run this game.

Raptr Gamercard

up
5 users have voted.

Nope, the release dates seems more like a goal. I think they are still tweaking it so it becomes playable for most of the people (thats why they also mention performance) and I hope they make it in time. Although I wouldn't be bothered with waiting a bit longer, if that makes it even better in the long run.

up
2 users have voted.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Raptr Gamercard

up
4 users have voted.

I looked it up a bit, and here are the rough specifications...

up
6 users have voted.

Nice! I really don't like SciFi stuff, but I think I'm gonna give this one a try

up
5 users have voted.

Thanks Piggly Wiggly..... am waiting for that game for awhile now.

up
6 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

Sci-fi and underwater, two of my favorite themes...

Yay !

up
4 users have voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

:O Release date already!? "Well that escalated quickly".
Going to put some money aside for it after seeing it's previously posted trailer.
Thanks for the heads up Piggy!

up
3 users have voted.

The water physics trailer with the damaged submarine? That's one of the main reasons I'm gonna buy this game regardless of it being SciFi

up
5 users have voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

Yeah due to seeing that one indeed and its art work. Cool to hear you've enjoyed that one too. See you at the release then :D

up
2 users have voted.

Halloween release. Interesting. Looking forward to this game. Thanks for the update, PW.

up
3 users have voted.

Subnautica is already for sale for 35 dollars, wich means you'll get some extra stuff and a copy on steam within a week. http://subnauti.ca/

up
3 users have voted.

Just bought. Hope they release the full game real soon.

up
2 users have voted.

The release will be next week on steam (I think), wich will be a lot cheaper I hope

up
4 users have voted.

Definitely looking forward to it. Will be interesting to see how they use the Unity engine for the underwater environments, creatures, ships and such to that of Vertigo with WoD.

up
4 users have voted.

I pre-ordered it yesterday as soon as I saw the heads up on Twitter. The way I understand it, we'll get a steam key to add it to our Steam accounts but you still won't be able to actually buy the game via Steam after release date but will have to get it from their website, which in turns uses Humble Bundle.

up
3 users have voted.

So, anyone tried played it yet? I'm on the fence with this one.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
1 user has voted.

Currently they're only giving you prototype builds...iI dont think you can play the game yet. You'll have to wait for steam release for that

up
4 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

I played on the steam release and for now, it seams that there is no save function, so you can build and travel but as soon as you quit, you lose all you done.

Appart from that, it seems to be a sandbox/construction game for now, with no scenario but good graphics.

up
1 user has voted.

Is all the stuff ,mentioned in the first post, already in the game?

up
5 users have voted.

They're adding stuff daily. The graphics, as previously stated, are very good and there's enough scenery and sea-life to keep you happy just exploring. There IS a problem with the hull plates they promised as a reward for purchasing an EA copy, though. The devs have got their side of it sorted but there is a screw up on the Steam side of things so we haven't received our hull plates yet. The other thing to note is that the submersible, 'Cyclops', which is featured on the flooding mechanics video, isn't in game yet and won't be for a while. We do have access to a smaller submersible right now though.

It's by no means a competitor to WoD as it is very much a sci fi game with strange creatures and crashed spaceships rather than a sim.

up
6 users have voted.
JackDaniels's picture
Poseidon

*punches neighbor tech in the office and steals his lunch money* What retailer website do I throw this at?!

Edit: and the neighbor punched back and started forwarding all his calls to my station ...... well guess I will have to check out the video's and previews when I get home.

OK, so yes I am the one that is still trapped in the tutorial. For those of you wondering how I do it and what happens when it occurs look here. http://www.divegame.net/node/112056

up
3 users have voted.

Had a pretty wild glitch last night with the Seamoth sub you can spawn for quicker travel around the areas. I was decending down into the pit area with the manatee-like creatures that have the large round tail covered in lime-green spots when something hit my ship and literally sent it fly into the sky where it wouldn't come down. I had a great aerial view of the location though. LOL

up
1 user has voted.

Thanks for the input, I think I'll wait a bit before I try that one out

up
2 users have voted.
Braden's picture
Poseidon

I watched a video of it on YouTube. It looks cool.

up
4 users have voted.

I was playing around in it last night. Beautifully done so far with the wild aquatic life and environment. Unfortunately, the program needs balancing badly since it lags like crazy due to the constant loading of graphics and movement of large schools of fish. Granted, I have managed to stop some of it with a few settings tweaks, but being that the game runs on the same Unity engine as WoD, it shouldn't be so laggy. They need to talk with the WoD devs to get some advice on leveling out the areas for a more smooth flowing gameplay. Nonetheless, the game is looking better and better with each update. Now they just need to implement the save function.

up
3 users have voted.

Phaota, have you tried putting your graphics settings on "Experimental"? I have mine on that with everything maxed and haven't experienced any lag yet other than literally a couple of spikes which lasted about a second.

up
2 users have voted.
JackDaniels's picture
Poseidon

Well if anything the poor guy Does have a 500 series Nvidia card. So there may be a few more error's with different visual settings.

OK, so yes I am the one that is still trapped in the tutorial. For those of you wondering how I do it and what happens when it occurs look here. http://www.divegame.net/node/112056

up
0 users have voted.

No worries, I'll be getting a new card very, very soon. I've got a "EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti Superclock w/G-SYNC Support 2GB GDDR5 128bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, HDMI, DP 1.2 Graphics Card (02G-P4-3753-KR)" in my Amazon Wish List right now.

up
0 users have voted.

Hey Phaota, if I want to upgrade my GeForce card for my laptop what would you recommend. *note I can't remember what I have right now when I built it from the alienware website*

up
2 users have voted.
JackDaniels's picture
Poseidon

Personally I would advise a new Laptop, because the video card is pain enough just replacing because of it being in such a compact space you have to make sure you can get the right Mobile Model Video card to run on your laptop. Even then you have to also worry about the power coming into the computer on that same board because you can't upgrade the power unit.

Desktop's are easier, to upgrade for but Laptop's are a major hassle and nightmare that requires more math work and measurements.

up
0 users have voted.

Thus, my plan is to take it to a professional computer shop to install it. Besides my laptop is not quit a year old ^_^

up
1 user has voted.
JackDaniels's picture
Poseidon

Those poor poor souls that will slave over getting that thing hammered into the laptop case ...... then testing to make sure it doesn't drain the battery in 5 seconds and crash the hard drive, and short out the RAM sticks while doing all that ..... *clicking sound with tongue almost commonly sounded for hearing that something is a bad sign* to Shreds you say .... OH dear me .... well .... I am sorry your tech was ripped apart by my computer going full Skynet on your office employee. So does that mean I will get it finally upgraded?

up
0 users have voted.

hey, what can I say. I like to make some people suffer *insert evil laugh in background*

up
0 users have voted.
Knoxklay11's picture
Sea admiral

i might try this one out too. im kinda like reinier where i dont particularly care for the sci fi genre outside star trek and star wars, but id hate to pass up giving this a look at least

up
3 users have voted.

The steam early acces is targeted for 16 december

up
5 users have voted.
up
1 user has voted.

It looks so good! I will get it when im home

up
3 users have voted.

I got the special edition awhile back, but have been holding off on playing it until I get my new graphics card. Right now, it's too stuttery for me to fully enjoy. I've been watching videos uploaded by one of the players over the months and it keeps getting better and better.

up
3 users have voted.

Plays great. I purchased it a few weeks ago and have been playing since. Very cool game but still not a whole lot of features yet...worse thing about it in my opinion is there is no save game feature, this is the type of game you will want to save often. The new Early Access Release isn't much of a change from the most recent experimental build that us older users always had the ability to access.

up
4 users have voted.
JackDaniels's picture
Poseidon

Looks like my Christmas Came a smidge early ..... Folks already sent me game's as gifts on steam. and sure enough this game was in that list.

up
2 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

I have the game for some time now and it is quite fun. The lack of save function makes it difficult to follow though.

Their option for oculus rift is good for a demo but not possible to play with though. Problems with camera position and no mouse.

up
1 user has voted.

Its now on the Christmas Sale on Steam so now may be a good to time grab it if you already havent.

up
3 users have voted.

Is it true that it only costs 20 dollar(without discount). We have to pay 20 euros and that feels a bit dodgy.

up
2 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

Yeap... I think it was the same problem here on WoD on steam if I remember correctly . Would be great if the prices were harmonized once and for all.

up
3 users have voted.
Braden's picture
Poseidon

I bought it. I just haven't installed it yet. I watched a twitch.tv video of it. I was intrigued from what I saw. I don't know if I want to install it just yet. From what I gathered there is no save function Implemented.

up
2 users have voted.

It's not really necessary atm. If you're lucky, you can build most of the stuff in the first 30 minutes and then you are good to explore. But the game is pretty unstable atm, so you will probably crash after 500-1000 metres.

up
2 users have voted.

They now added a save function, two new species , some new tools and a new biome

up
0 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

I saw that, I tried a new game but don't have a lot of time for now. But the good point is that my game is still there :)

All I hope is that updates will be savegame compatible. But we can never know.

up
2 users have voted.
Spudnic240 Of The Sea's picture
Triton

Looks interesting to say the least :P thanks wiggly piggles :P

Pages