How about a sunken Starship Enterprise (any Trekkies out there?)

up
11 users have voted.
ChodaGirl's picture
Aye aye captain!

I know this is going to get push back or simply poo-poohed. But I really just wanted to throw it out there :)

Games should have some flights of fantasy ;)

Dive long, and prosper.

up
3 users have voted.

I'll give that a +1, being a Trekkie. I think it would be best in a fantasy area though, such as the Bermuda Triangle. It would also be a massive build. Enterprise isn't a small ship, no matter which incarnation you choose.

up
3 users have voted.
ChodaGirl's picture
Aye aye captain!

We could do Voyager. :) Much smaller at scale than the 1701-D.... though I was implying the original NCC-1701.

Girls enjoy Star Trek too!!

up
7 users have voted.

I, too, would love to be able to explore a crashed spaceship.

up
3 users have voted.

Not bad suggestion. You just need more people to agree to build your idea. But a little heads up there has been debates between Realism vs. Fantasy ( with my brony wreck used as an example for both sides)

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
2 users have voted.
ChodaGirl's picture
Aye aye captain!

RE: Fantasy vs Reality

.... why not appeal to both groups and have both. As long as the maps are segregated, no one needs to be the wiser: fantasy players can mostly play in the fantasy world and reality players can mostly play in the sim.

I don't understand why it has to only be one or the other :)

If the Enterprise NCC-1701 or Voyager can't be built, how about the old shuttlecraft Galileo? ;D

up
2 users have voted.

Don't know, it's just going to be one of those situation where you can't please everyone no matter what you do.

up
4 users have voted.

Sarge is right, it's like the peaceful vs action debate.

up
1 user has voted.

Besides being unable to please everybody all the time, eventually there won't be any separate maps, everything is likely to be linked by PG ocean.

up
3 users have voted.
ChodaGirl's picture
Aye aye captain!

Distance/Dive Spot = Segregation

:)

Besides Brony already ruined it for everyone, ;)

up
1 user has voted.

Or you could add an option, telling the game to overlap fantasy wrecks with more PG ocean. And brony's wreck is not really fantasy, it is very well possible somebody would have a ship like that build and then wrecked it on a reef. But going for ghosts or spaceships might strech the imagination too far for some.

up
0 users have voted.

Hey, If I ever hit the lottery and win a multi million dollars I wouldn't mind actually building my ship if it doesn't cost to much to make it actually sea worthy ^_^

up
1 user has voted.

Maybe you could build two and scuttle one for diving =p

up
1 user has voted.
ChodaGirl's picture
Aye aye captain!

Do that on youtube and you are all but guaranteed that it will go viral. I'd back that project, count me in!

up
1 user has voted.
DerFoxY's picture
Need for speed-boat

I would prefere some kind of "sunken spaceball 1" with lone stars caravan beside.
But that spaceship idea is nice ... maybe as some kind of easteregg? Hidden somewhere in a cave(wip) ;)

up
1 user has voted.

I can't see how it could be a problem if ,like mentioned earlier, a fantasy zone was allocated such as the Bermuda Triangle or even around a fantasy island. This way ppl would know that anything in that designated area was set aside for fantasy wrecks so we could choose to enter or avoid depending on our preference.

up
1 user has voted.

I can agree with that for the Bermuda Triangle, that way also if a dev wants to get really creative with a wreck he/she can have it placed in there.

up
1 user has voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Mistwalker, that's a very creative idea on dividing the fantasy and reality sites. I like it.

I haven't read up on the fantasy/reality debates yet, but I can already see the charm that was added to the game by the Brony site (thanks, Sgt_Brony). We certainly want a place for anyone who wants to fund a fantasy shipwreck. I like both type of sites, but would personally keep the balance towards the reality sites for now since I see so many real life divers involved here. Plus it adds additional interest by being able to research and learn about the real sites.

up
0 users have voted.

Going back to the original issue. I'm a huge trekker and would LOVE to see the NCC-1701 (or even the refit) but it IS a huuuuuge ship.

To put it into perspective a Nimitz class aircraft carrier (the largest in the US fleet) is 332.81 meters long... the Enterprise was 642.51 meters in length. Voyager is a bit easier at 344 meters. But I dont know how much detail could be added to something that big and I would love to go inside.

Why not do a homage to The Voyage Home and put a "fantasy" version of the San Francisco Bay area and put the HMS Bounty down there (Bird of Prey) and have some interior work - at 110 meters it is itty bitty and only had 3 decks to render.

You can also blow people's minds and bend the space time continuum and have a secret area of that map that contains the drill from the reboot. That thing fell in the same area near the bridge in the alt universe.

up
1 user has voted.

I would love to pretend I have a clue what you guys are talking about ... :) But I like the name HMS Bounty and Bird of Prey, so i'm going to give my blessing to the idea LOL!

From birth man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to the earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free. - Jacques Cousteau

up
0 users have voted.
up
1 user has voted.
anamiko's picture
Scuba diver

Yes please! The one from TNG. =D