In wreck pledger plaque/memorial.

up
16 users have voted.

I was thinking about this while looking at a video of a dive I did at a local dive site that has a plaque commemorating a few people on it.

It would be neat to do a spot on the community wreck that lists the pledgers names either like a rock wall that looks engraved or a little memorial statue hidden on the map?

From birth man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to the earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free. - Jacques Cousteau

up
11 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Great idea, we will definitely do this!
you guys just need to decide where (or how) it will be visible on or near the wreck.

up
8 users have voted.

Hey Richard! <(^.^)>

I worry a true plaque would take up a ton of room if we get a billion pledgers. But its an awesome idea.

As for where - thats probably dependent on what we make of our little wreck. hehe

As far as the implementation what would you guys do? Maybe make it so if you hit E on it it launches a webpage with the pledgers names through the steam overlay? Or maybe a scrollable list that pops up much like the "Island coming soon" etc? I'm curious how you would implement it :)

up
8 users have voted.

I agree, it'd be best if it was a clickable plaque. Players would click on it and an in-game window would pop up with the names of the pledgers. :)

up
4 users have voted.

Well, you figure worst case scenario is 1,500 names, and we know many people donated more than a dollar, so let's say 1000 names which I don't think would be super huge and fairly reasonably integrated in a cliff/wall somewhere.

But another option, maybe just hiding the names all over the place in inconspicuous areas, we can make a game of finding our names and posting our picture with it?

From birth man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to the earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free. - Jacques Cousteau

up
4 users have voted.
areaofinfinity's picture
Aye aye captain!

I don't know. I really think it would be nice to give people recognition where its needed

up
8 users have voted.
xxApvxx's picture
Thanks for all the fish

What a great idea. This sounds like it will be great weather the names are on a bog rock outta the way somewhere or all on one rock wall or something. I think a plaque would be fine and probably easier to achieve vs hiding them around the level. Maybe stick it on a cliff right around the wreck somewhere. Anyway great idea and even better that it sounds like its gonna be implemented.

up
5 users have voted.

Yeah I had the same idea for my oil rig proposition, although I thought a room with lockers would be cool, and each locker would have a backers name on it. But perhaps 200 lockers is a bit much... =p

up
2 users have voted.

I just worry about people with lower end computers that run on low rez and may not be able to see all the names.

But devs i am sure know best XD

up
5 users have voted.

I think a plaque would be nice enough. I didn't pledge to see my name in game really, all though I don't have nothing against it afcours. I just see it as an opportunity to get a nice extra dive site :D

up
4 users have voted.
xxApvxx's picture
Thanks for all the fish

I would agree any way they chose to do it will be more than I assumed when I donated. Very good point and sentiment, but it does sound awesome :)

up
3 users have voted.
NAUI Diver's picture
Poseidon

Maybe a simple sign reading something like this plaque is dedicated to all that has donated to this wreck. It would be simple enough.

up
4 users have voted.
ChodaGirl's picture
Aye aye captain!

I love this idea so much. What a cool way to recognize people who continue to give back to the game that gives them so much :)

What a lovely idea!

up
2 users have voted.
Rhapsodae's picture
Sea admiral

Im all for a massive sunken statue as an honor to pledgers, just one will do. list of names optional

up
2 users have voted.
JackDaniels's picture
Poseidon

Could Tattoo the pledger names onto the fish in the area.... the Size of Fish says the Size of Pledge?

Now Killer Whale with a Tattoo that would be Neon Blue right?

OK, so yes I am the one that is still trapped in the tutorial. For those of you wondering how I do it and what happens when it occurs look here. http://www.divegame.net/node/112056

up
5 users have voted.
Knoxklay11's picture
Sea admiral

i say everyone that donated gets their name on the plaque, but like do something where the ppl who donated the most get their name listed first or are the biggest names. id love my name to be put on a ww2 wreck or something like that, like a sunken carrier

up
3 users have voted.

Maybe a statue in-game and we can post a list of all the pledger's name in the credits?

up
4 users have voted.
Knoxklay11's picture
Sea admiral

that would be good too. and easier to make

up
2 users have voted.

Kind of like the EVE statue? That one was made in real life too. Lots of plaques in EVE on places were huge battles were won or lost.

A large satue with names on the surface that if someone wanted to long enough to look through they could find it but it wouldn't be rendered until up close.

up
3 users have voted.
up
4 users have voted.
jungle.james's picture
Shark whisperer

A readable ship's manifest, like a book, on or near the captain's table.