Finding Dubloons | Your Record?

up
20 users have voted.
Shmann's picture
Thanks for all the fish

Hey,

Didnt find a topic like this. Is it possible to find all 20 dubloons in an area?

At the moment my record is 13 dubloons in Yongala. What´s your record?

Bilder oder Fotos hochladen

up
9 users have voted.

Need to look a little better, Shmann. I started one a few days ago: http://www.divegame.net/node/101308. :)

up
11 users have voted.

I've only found two. I've been meaning to play WoD more, but I haven't gotten around to doing that, yet.

Raptr Gamercard

up
6 users have voted.
madcrazy87's picture
Need for speed-boat

9 in Yongala

up
7 users have voted.
anikaiful's picture
Thanks for all the fish

15 in single area so far my record.

up
5 users have voted.
brilliant_flare's picture
Shark whisperer

I've only played the diving base, and only found 9 of 10.

up
5 users have voted.
Krutaan's picture
Shark whisperer

Are they scattered randomly or are they in the same place for everyone? If so, maybe we could share locations? :)

up
7 users have voted.

They're randomly placed (although some spots they tend to show up more often than others it does seem). I've even found 2 directly adjacent to each other already.

From birth man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to the earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free. - Jacques Cousteau

up
4 users have voted.
Stexred's picture
Sea admiral

my record was 14 also at yongala

up
5 users have voted.

Come over to my original thread on this topic for some interesting results on coin findings. It is here: http://www.divegame.net/node/101308. :)

up
2 users have voted.

This before I have seen one, but it is because don't know what it is, so don't pay attention to it but now it seems to need to unlock function, can be carried out.

up
4 users have voted.

Do you know what the coins look like already? Or would you like somebody to post a picture of a dubloon in the game so you know what to look for?

up
10 users have voted.

Here you go. This is what the dubloons look like.

up
3 users have voted.

I knew you would have a good picture of it up here in no time haha, top job Phaota!

up
3 users have voted.

omg, i never have the luck to find so many this close together...

up
2 users have voted.

You're telling me, once I got lucky enough two were adjacent, but it hasn't happened since!

From birth man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to the earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free. - Jacques Cousteau

up
2 users have voted.

Just got 12 at the Lockheed, some were tucked sneakily on edges of rocks

up
1 user has voted.

It's easy to find 12 in that location. 17-20 is the hard part.

up
3 users have voted.
Knoxklay11's picture
Sea admiral

i once found one in a crater in the upper left corner of the map. i had to swim out of bounds just to get it and open the oyster inside

up
2 users have voted.

That's very unusual for a coin to spawn back there, but I guess that is one of your particular points. Mine are all around the craft and within an easily found given distance from it.

up
3 users have voted.

yup... i have what i call my ninja dubloon hunter path. I have been able to expand it to 2 more dubloon per run so now I can get 13-16 in about 4 minutes. Then it takes about 20 minutes to get to 19 but I have yet to find the 20.

up
4 users have voted.

19/20

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
9 users have voted.

The magic 20 at Lockheed.

up
6 users have voted.

So I guess we are going to keep going with two threads devoted to the same thing, eh? Oh well. Fla, I'll see your bet and raise you two. LOL

up
3 users have voted.

No, make that three. LOL

BTW, here is a rare spawn point on the Hilma.

up
4 users have voted.

Yup, pretty easy to find em at Lockheed. I just posted the first time because the first time one accomplishes something is often a big deal. But now that I can find all 20 mostly every time I am not planning on posting every time I find em.

up
1 user has voted.

Actually, it's not that easy. The 20th coin likes to hide a lot, so finding 19 is usually normal, but not the last one.

up
6 users have voted.

Once you know the spawn points of a mission, it's easy to get 20. Lockheed is the easiest one because most of the spawn points are where the wreck is. I'm almost at 2000 coins now thanks to the Lockheed mission.

up
4 users have voted.

True, true, once you know the spawn spots (and I do with the Lockheed), it's easy to get 20, but sometimes that last coin doesn't like to show up.

up
3 users have voted.

You're right, sometimes the 20th coin is hard to find. ;)

up
4 users have voted.

With the Metal Detector the "Art of 20" will be lost forever.

up
2 users have voted.

Glad I was able to join those ranks before it sinks into the abyss of history

up
9 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Can't wait for you guys to try out the new metal detector. i guess we will need to add in new objects-to-find to keep these kind of conversations going :)
up
2 users have voted.

Fried Chicken ?

up
2 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

Thematic "treasures" ? Each map has a theme. (Lockheed, pony.... :p) so why not creating pieces of treasure (dogtags, ancient ammos, cargo, military watch, poney models... :p )

up
2 users have voted.

That's not a bad idea! Maybe it would be nice to get dubloons for those items, as if you sell them, and to make it more exciting the system could randomly select how intact an object is, 100% giving the full dubloons reward and 0% leaving you with nothing. Of course most items would be in the 40%-70% ranges I imagine, but it might be better than just finding stuff for nothing, or always getting the same amount on stuff?

up
3 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

True. The only thing is, I hope it could be quite discrete and nicely graphically integrated (of course, this is still a pre-alfa version, so I don't say it should be perfect right now... !) because the doublons takes already a lot of place and flashes already too much... it could quicly looks like a christmas tree with all those objects !

up
2 users have voted.

That would save money on buying LSD =p

up
1 user has voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

Hahaha that's quite true :)

up
2 users have voted.

That's a great idea, and maybe even a mini game to polish them up. For example if you bring up a heavily patina/corroded piece vase you can do a mini game where you use the mouse to polish it increasing value.

up
1 user has voted.

Yeah! That would be really cool!

up
6 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Check out the (locked) bottom bar: on the second picture, it contains the artefact level progression - so yeah there will be dogtags, ancient ammos, cargo, military watch, poney models etc... !

up
3 users have voted.

I would like to see a treasure hunting situation like that in the "Endless Ocean: Blue World" game, where you have a multi-sensor device similar to the metal detector, just small and hand-held. It will find all sorts of buried items of different materials - metal, wood, rock, glass, etc. Once you extract the items from their locations, then you take them to a special individual that will clean them and give you a price for each piece. You will also have a book showing a photo of the found item, a short description and what price you got for it. There should be at least 20 hidden items in the environment. Of course, acquiring money would mean we need items to purchase, so our gear options really need to be substantially beefed up. We have a thread devoted to what we would like to see in the game, so come on devs, let's see them. I want an Abyss movie-style full-face helmet with voice chatting ability.

up
1 user has voted.

All gold coin collection in the scene, each map inside to a total collection of 20 coins or 10 gold coins, so far I have all gathered, because these coins are too scattered and hidden, do not know to have a person all here all gold coin.

up
3 users have voted.

Here's another rare spot to find a coin on the Hilma.

up
2 users have voted.

Phaota now go find all 25 pennies on Bismark xD

up
4 users have voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

Metal detector is awesome :D Was able to find all the ten dubloons in the swimming pool diving base.

up
2 users have voted.

Once I finish editing and uploading all the glitch photos to my Bismarck thread, then I'll start having fun with the metal detector in the other areas as well. :)

up
3 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Congratulations Mitzu! I'm definitely not in your guys league. I'm finding a lot more with the metal detector, but have not cleared any of the sites that I've tried yet.

up
4 users have voted.

Found six coins in the Diving Base coral reef, but none of the others even showed up and I scanned everywhere. Got 16 at Hilma though. That's way more than my normal take.

up
4 users have voted.
Barrelfish's picture
Poseidon

The metal detector makes a massive difference - I've managed several clean sweeps on both Lockheed and Hilma since we got it.

Pages