Friday Devblog 65

Graphical user interface conversion V6

Johann
Like the last time; I've been converting several more small systems to the new UI system. This week, the following features were converted:

- The tour 'any button to close' message
- The 'open community mission terminal' button
- The 'loading community mission' message
- The community mission voting view
- The divegame.net profile window
- Fadeout view
- The loading screen
- The air refill point view

The current status of the conversion: There's about one more of these 'small systems' passes to go, after which everything has to be tested and bug fixed, and we'll have to make sure everything has controller support.

Collectables

Bjorn
Hello guys, my name is Bjorn and i am the new intern at Vertigo Games. Currently i am studying Game Art here in Rotterdam and for the next six months i will work at Vertigo Games for my internship.

I'm excited to work on World of Diving for the coming months. It has been my first week at the office and i started working on some collectables for the game. My first collectable is a Ancient Pot, I made three variants of this collectable. Bronze,Silver and Gold. After finishing up the pot i started on the next one right away. A ship compass. I just finished op the model for this one and will unwrap and texture it in the coming days.

I hope you guys are excited for the new stuff and i am sure you will hear more from me in the upcoming months :)

More collectables...

Niels
Hello divers!

I would first like to introduce myself, I am Niels and I am one of the new interns at Vertigo Games.
I will spend my time at vertigo mostly on creating 3D models and textures.
For the last 3 days I have been working on some collectables together with Bjorn and Jeff wich will soon be added to the game for you guys to be picked up!
My time has been spent on creating a beer tankard wich is collectable in 3 different versions; Bronze, Gold and Silver.

Even more collectables!

Jeff
My name is Jeff,

I am a new visual arts intern here at Vertigo Games.
My first week here has been a lot of fun and I am looking forward to spending my time here.
Along with the other interns I am currently assigned to making Collectible items for World of Diving.
Below a sneak preview of a ship in a bottle. It features a Brony easter egg.

Previous blogs:

read more...

- Devblog 64 December 18
- Devblog 63 December 11
- Devblog 62 December 4
- Devblog 61 November 27
- Devblog 60 November 20
- Devblog 59 November 13
- Devblog 58 November 6
- Devblog 57 October 30
- Devblog 56 October 23
- Devblog 55 October 16
- Devblog 54 October 9
- Devblog 53 October 2
- Devblog 52 September 25
- Devblog 51 September 18
- Devblog 50 September 11
- Devblog 49 September 4
- Devblog 48 August 28
- Devblog 47 August 21
- Devblog 46 August 14
- Devblog 45 August 7
- Devblog 44 July 17
- Devblog 43 July 10
- Devblog 42 July 3
- Devblog 41 June 26
- Devblog 40 June 19
- Devblog 39 June 12
- Devblog 38 June 5
- Devblog 37 May 29
- Devblog 36 May 22
- Devblog 35 May 15
- Devblog 34 May 8
- Devblog 33 May 1
- Devblog 32 April 24
- Devblog 31 April 17
- Devblog 30 April 10
- Devblog 29 April 3
- Devblog 28 March 27
- Devblog 27 March 20
- Devblog 26: March 13
- Devblog 25: March 6
- Devblog 24: February 27
- Devblog 23: February 20
- Devblog 22: February 13
- Devblog 21: February 6
- Devblog 20: January 30
- Devblog 19: January 23
- Devblog 18: January 17
- Devblog 17: January 9
- Devblog 16: December 19
- Devblog 15: December 12
- Devblog 14: December 5
- Devblog 13: November 28
- Devblog 12: November 21
- Devblog 11: November 14
- Devblog 10: November 7
- Devblog 09: October 31
- Devblog 08: October 17
- Devblog 07: October 10
- Devblog 06: October 3
- Devblog 05: September 26
- Devblog 04: September 19
- Devblog 03: September 12
- Devblog 02: September 5
- Devblog 01: August 29

Comments

up
6 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Welcome back from the holidays and a big welcome to the new interns Bjorn, Niels, and Jeff.
The new collectibles look great and it will be fun to see them in-game, it was a real surprise to me to see all the work that's been done on them already. The idea of the Brony in a bottle is brilliant and it made me smile. Best wishes for the new year guys!

up
4 users have voted.
CATFISH's picture
Poseidon

HI Bjorn, Niels, and Jeff.Do yourself a favour get Vertigo to put you onto a different project WOD is dead.

up
5 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

I love this new update, except for one thing :

This "gold silver bronze" thing is making this so simplified it would make this game a children's game. (Or a 90's game...)

More complexity and less artificial valours would be better if you wish to keep this game merely a bit serious.

up
4 users have voted.
Puc's picture
Triton

Good Idea!
up
5 users have voted.

Welcome back team. Nice seeing some new stuff.
Lets cross our fingers and hope things will move along without kinks at warp speed during 2016 so WoD can be the greatest dive sim there is. New year and new determination.

I follow no path in life. I walk straight and leave a trail for others to follow.

up
5 users have voted.
huszarl's picture
Poseidon

A big welcome to three new team members.

up
3 users have voted.
NAUI Diver's picture
Poseidon

If I was new to this team I would quit. This update crap doesn't mean shat. Focus on something else. This game is more days than Lemmy Kilmeister.

up
6 users have voted.

Now now, they still have a lot that they can learn from this project, specifically how not to develop a game. And how to run a project into the ground. And I’m sure they will learn how to PR spin even the most blatant of excuses and failures.

up
4 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

Someone should realy call pest control. Those two vermins are still crawling here.

up
2 users have voted.

Aren't you forgetting about me?

up
3 users have voted.

Oh look, your still here.

Welp go on, disprove me, disprove the things I’m saying, prove to me and everyone my assertions are false, tell me how this project hasn’t been run into the ground and is on the verge of death due to miss management, and all the responses from the team aren’t just PR spun excuses to justify their continue failures to make this game thrive.

up
3 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Definition of "assertion" from dictionary.com
noun
1. a positive statement or declaration, often without support or reason:
a mere assertion; an unwarranted assertion.

up
3 users have voted.
up
3 users have voted.
CATFISH's picture
Poseidon

It's one thing to say bad things about the game, that is your view and right to voice your concerns as i have done on this very Dev post but this comment ( dirty dyke) is unacceptable NAUI Diver . The use of Vermin is also something that we could do without. Please try and keep in civil.

up
1 user has voted.

wow so much progress in 2 weeks... oh no wait i said that wrong. i ment to say wow no progress in 2 weeks.

up
2 users have voted.

Theyre too busy making a new adams venture game

up
2 users have voted.

...y'all best be jokeing.

up
1 user has voted.

no its adams venture origins

up
3 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

Welcome to the new faces Bjorn, Niels and Jeff :)
I am looking forward the finishing of the Flying Dutchman and of course the whole game and hope that you will enjoy your work on this wonderful diving game as your colleagues did before ;)
I can understand that this development take time and wait patient, glad to hear that the project is ongoing, keep up the good work! ;)

up
6 users have voted.

News on updates are all fine and good, but these collectibles are not going to save a sinking ship of a game unless you get to work on clearing out all of the bugs that make the title unbearable to play at this time. It's still full of graphical ugliness due to your overeager jump to Unity 5.0 without doing a separate Experimental branch at the time to fix the myriad of issues that continue to plague the game and of which should have been rectified a year ago.

up
3 users have voted.

no dev blog in 1 month and 2 weeks

up
3 users have voted.

Oh look, more disappointment and another missed deadline “Im surprised” said no one on the site or steam.

up
1 user has voted.
NAUI Diver's picture
Poseidon

Excuse me a second so I can be honest. The . You guys can finish the sentence faster than the devs can finish any thing.

up
3 users have voted.

2 months till last devblog :'(

up
0 users have voted.
up
1 user has voted.

they also said they were working on it when they posted it here too. http://divegame.net/roadmap

and look how that turned out.

up
1 user has voted.
Naui_diver's picture
Need for speed-boat

DEVS DEVS DEVS, You think that by blocking my old account I wouldn't make another one? I'm here to let people know what kind of scammers you people are. I don't need my money back. I'm all about honesty, so be prepared. Have a nice day.

up
0 users have voted.

2 months and 2 weeks since last devblog :((((((((
where are the monthly dev blogs???