Friday Devblog 24

Tigerfish Animation

Davey
Hey!
After finishing those other fish I did the Tigerfish. So here is the animation, enjoy.

After three decent sized fish it was time for something.. "different".
Bigger, faster and even more terrifying than the Tigerfish.
It is the Great White Shark! Check back next friday to hopefully see it textured! :)

Crashed Helicopter

Lenn
Hey Everyone,

This week I started working on a helicopter that has crashed straight into the Okavango Delta during the South African Border War.
Although Botswana was not involved in the conflict, the surrounding countries were waging war on each other. During this helicopters flight over the Delta it was shot down.

This helicopter looks rather unscathed for now, but that will change soon. I will first build it up entirely and then bend and break it so it looks as realistic as possible.

The helicopter is based on the SA330B and SA330 Puma helictopters. It won't be exactly the same because I like to get some of my own artistic views and choices in there and also the helicopter would have way too many triangles if I were to make an exact replica. In the last picture you can see some normal map tests, I did these to see if i had to alter my mesh to get a nice puffy cushioning and a good tarp-like look on the bag.

Crocodile Animations

Julian
Hi divers !
For my last week like an intern at Vertigo Games I tried to finish all the animations for the Nile crocodile, most seems very nice I think. And I made this following cool new animation of a crocodile eating a fish !

Enjoy guys !

World of Diving Props

David
This week I worked on world of diving again and I made a desk with some props for the dive shop that will be made inside the house in the pool level.

History:

Comments

up
6 users have voted.

REALY NICE!!!!! how mutch i can pay for it ? =)

up
7 users have voted.

Next week is GDC, so I hope for an update!

up
4 users have voted.
Barrelfish's picture
Poseidon

What is GDC?

up
4 users have voted.

Game developper conference

up
4 users have voted.
Barrelfish's picture
Poseidon

You learn something every day :)!

up
3 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

Yay ! A diveshop ! At last :) I can't wait :)

up
8 users have voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

Loving the croc feeding animation.
Great to see a new aircraft making it into WoD.
Enjoy reading the dev blogs in general each friday.

What I have noticed with certain fishes is their back body movements seems to be centred. Noticed this with existing fishes as well as this work in progress video. Perhaps a back body movement centred more towards the head gives a more natural look. Loving the looks of the tiger and cat fish though, don't get me wrong.

up
5 users have voted.

Looks great. Thanks for all the work.

up
4 users have voted.

Looking great. any ETA on when we could be expecting to see these updates in the game. Swimming with those crocs looks like it'll be fun to do.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
5 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Another great update guys, there have been a lot of surprises lately. I like the Tiger fish and the Great White Shark Davey. Thanks for showing the diver to scale for comparison. Nice work on the helicopter Lenn, that was a real surprise for me this week.

Julian, you've done a great job as an intern and have accomplished much. I especially like your work on the crocodile. Best of luck to you in the future.

I glad to see you are going back to work on the other levels too. I like the work you are doing on the dive shop desk David. You guys are really on a roll with all the new items. Have a splendid weekend.

up
1 user has voted.
RevanXXXIII's picture
Aye aye captain!

I can't wait for the next update! :)

up
2 users have voted.
up
1 user has voted.
linksleo's picture
Poseidon

WoD Wow! Can't wait!!!

up
1 user has voted.

Superb job on the fish and croc animation, though the fish still looks like it has a weird smile, which it definitely shouldn't. Can't wait to play around in the level. BTW, is this area being done in the Unity 5 engine, and if so, will you be upgrading all the other levels in the process?