Friday Devblog 41

Unite 2015 Europe

Johann
Unite 2015 Europe conference took place this week in Amsterdam. Unite is an event where lots of developers and people from Unity gather to talk about Unity development. Some of went there to check out the event. We attended lots of interesting talks. Some talks were about Unity's plans for the future, some were about how other companies creating Unity games went about dealing with some of the challenges they faced when creating their products.

Furthermore, I've been working on implementing Unity VR this week. Lot's of people were having problems with getting VR to work in World of Diving, which currently uses a SteamVR implementation. Because Unity released its native VR implementation recently, I've decided to see if I can get that working. The work on this is almost done, so you can expect a more painless VR experience in next week's update.

color corrections

Lenn
Hey Everyone,

This week I continued my work on the color corrections. Please keep in mind that these corrections are not yet in the game, there is still a lot to do before we can implement the modifications.

Further shipwreck work

Sieb
Hi guys!

It has been a while, I have been baking out a lot of new lightmaps for the shipwreck. I also finalized the Vpaint on the ship, it looks nice and aged now. While I was baking I sculpted out a new terrain in zbrush and this I am currently importing into unity. I did walk in to a nasty (seems to be) bug in unity. which constantly resets my heightmap resolution to 1, I am troubleshooting what causes this problem and what can fix it.

(said terrain is in the screenshot I made)

Previous blogs:

read more...

- Devblog 40 June 19
- Devblog 39 June 12
- Devblog 38 June 5
- Devblog 37 May 29
- Devblog 36 May 22
- Devblog 35 May 15
- Devblog 34 May 8
- Devblog 33 May 1
- Devblog 32 April 24
- Devblog 31 April 17
- Devblog 30 April 10
- Devblog 29 April 3
- Devblog 28 March 27
- Devblog 27 March 20
- Devblog 26: March 13
- Devblog 25: March 6
- Devblog 24: February 27
- Devblog 23: February 20
- Devblog 22: February 13
- Devblog 21: February 6
- Devblog 20: January 30
- Devblog 19: January 23
- Devblog 18: January 23
- Devblog 18: January 17
- Devblog 17: January 9
- Devblog 16: December 19
- Devblog 15: December 12
- Devblog 14: December 5
- Devblog 13: November 28
- Devblog 12: November 21
- Devblog 11: November 14
- Devblog 10: November 7
- Devblog 09: October 31
- Devblog 08: October 17
- Devblog 07: October 10
- Devblog 06: October 3
- Devblog 05: September 26
- Devblog 04: September 19
- Devblog 03: September 12
- Devblog 02: September 5
- Devblog 01: August 29

Comments

up
3 users have voted.

Okay not so much, but it's nice, I think =)

up
7 users have voted.
Lafrules's picture
Sea admiral

Its great to see that you guys are working on the VR. My game is pretty much unplayable since unity update in VR. VR adds a lot to the replayability of this game. Diving on a screen is nice 2-3 times when your new to the level but VR makes it much more fun. With all the new headset coming in within the next year this game will be great! Providing it works fine. thanks guys

up
3 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Thanks for the update. Unite 2015 Europe sounded like a great opportunity to share ideas and pick up some tips.

up
4 users have voted.
huszarl's picture
Poseidon

Thanks for all work. I look forward to update the VR.

up
3 users have voted.

Nice, did you learn anything form other developers and did you had the chance to discuss some of the challenges you faced while making WoD?

Also, liking the updated work in progress of the color corrections, can't wait to see it get implemented into the game

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^