Friday Devblog 19

This week...

Davey
Woohoo! Another Friday Devblog! Get your scuba gear ready and start diving into our work!

This week I made a lootable crate and with the new physically based shader in Unity 5 they look even more amazing than they would have done in 4! Here's the result; After the loot crate I started working on something much bigger! It is an Airboat! See here how I am doing, all feedback is welcome:

Keep diving!

Art stuff

David
I'm currently working on updating all the tube coral: Next to this I also worked on a reef arch and updated the doors of the community shipwreck.

TrackIR

Jesse

(for those who do not read the forum ;-))

We have some good news for the simulation fans. Natural Point, the company who makes TrackIR, have generously donated one TrackIR set to us. Now we can think about implementing this to the game as well. TrackIR adds Head motion without a VR headset.

TrackIR

We have some other gameplay elements to develop first, so it might take a while before we start on TrackIR support, but it is on our list!

Plants

Julian
Hi divers,
This week I finished the reed and papyrus for the Okavango's level, it will probably need some final fixes once its in the game. I have also began to work on one of the Nile crocodile for the Okavango level.

The main body is okay for now, next week I will continue to work on the details for the different bodyparts and the crocodile skin. Have a nice weekend guys!

Master of the boats!

Lenn
Hello Everyone, This week I did an improvement pass on the Scubaboat, it was kind of flimsy last time and it needed some improving. I tried to make it feel a little more chunky and sturdy. The boat improved a lot just by changing the shape of the cabin and lowering the keel.

Also in the pictures you can see Davey's shark cage crane attached to the side of the boat. Next step is to take the boat to Unity 5, and then it will finally be ready!

That's it for this week, thanks again for reading.

History:

Comments

up
13 users have voted.

Nice work! I hope we get an ingame update soon, because you can't keep cockteasing me like this.

up
9 users have voted.

Awesome news. Glad to see the Track IR hope and being a Florida Boy I love the Airboat, of course :)

up
6 users have voted.

Looks awesome. Great work, Vertigo!

Raptr Gamercard

up
5 users have voted.

Everything's looking good so far.

up
9 users have voted.

With the exception of the Tranquility door. It's too new looking. This is an old wreck, so the door needs to show age wear from being underwater for many, many years and the hinges should be rusted.

up
3 users have voted.
RevanXXXIII's picture
Aye aye captain!

Amazing work!

up
2 users have voted.
JOJOFACE's picture
Shark whisperer

Color me excited!

up
3 users have voted.

Marvelous stuff! These Friday dev blogs just keep getting better. Loads of goodies in there to look forward to :)

up
5 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Another great update guys!
Davey, the lootable crate is intriguing. Nice work on the other items too. I especially like that reef arch. The airboat looks like fun. I'm looking forward to see how it developes.
Thanks for putting the TrackIR on the list Jesse. I'm looking forward to trying that out some day.
I like your work on the Okavango level Julian, keep up the good work. I love that level name, "Okavango".
That boat is really looking great Lenn. I like the improvements you made.
Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

up
3 users have voted.

Y U TAUNT US WITH PRETTY UPDATES!!!!

Ok, nice updates that's going on. I think the lootable creates is an excellent idea. Also I love how the world is progressing and becoming more polish compared to it's early days. I gotta say tho that that crocodile is looking awesome and the boat is coming along nicely.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
2 users have voted.

lol, it has baby hands with little fat fingers

up
3 users have voted.
Starkiller's picture
Sea admiral

Loving the update, hope the crocodile wont bite my head off when i go for some face 2 face time.

up
2 users have voted.
puffbutt's picture
Scuba diver

Love the new updates to treasure and boats, great work and keep up the good work.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

up
1 user has voted.
Fathom's picture
Poseidon