Friday Devblog 36

Unity 5 release of World of Diving.

Johann
This week we'll give you less of a content update, and more of an update regarding the next build that's going to go live. Today, we're uploading a new beta version of World of Diving. This version is a release candidate for the final build that's going to be put live on Tuesday. The builds additions are VR support and support for Mac OSX and Linux.

It would be nice if you guys could test the build. The mission editor is disabled right now, due to some problems that still have to be solved. VR is supported through Steam VR. You can test VR with an Oculus Rift by starting the "WorldOfDiving VR" shortcut in your SteamApps content folder. Steam will ask you if you are sure you want to start with those arguments, click yes.

You can test the build by following the steps in the following topic. You can also give feedback there.
Beta topic

Have a nice weekend!

Previous blogs:

read more...

- Devblog 35 may 15
- Devblog 34 may 8
- Devblog 33 may 1
- Devblog 32 April 24
- Devblog 31 April 17
- Devblog 30 April 10
- Devblog 29 April 3
- Devblog 28 March 27
- Devblog 27 March 20
- Devblog 26: March 13
- Devblog 25: March 6
- Devblog 24: February 27
- Devblog 23: February 20
- Devblog 22: February 13
- Devblog 21: February 6
- Devblog 20: January 30
- Devblog 19: January 23
- Devblog 18: January 23
- Devblog 18: January 17
- Devblog 17: January 9
- Devblog 16: December 19
- Devblog 15: December 12
- Devblog 14: December 5
- Devblog 13: November 28
- Devblog 12: November 21
- Devblog 11: November 14
- Devblog 10: November 7
- Devblog 09: October 31
- Devblog 08: October 17
- Devblog 07: October 10
- Devblog 06: October 3
- Devblog 05: September 26
- Devblog 04: September 19
- Devblog 03: September 12
- Devblog 02: September 5
- Devblog 01: August 29

Comments

up
11 users have voted.

But... I thought the update was this week :(

So only the beta build will be transfered to the main build? Or will we also get the new diving zone and some other extras on tuesday?

up
13 users have voted.
Jesse's picture
Poseidon

Sorry guys. This is is close as we are going to get this week. The update that will be coming on Tuesday is now playable on the Beta build. It is more of a quick test/debug fase before we can actually launch. We had quite a lot of new people from the Humble bundle sale and we don't want to give them a bad version. If you have access to the beta build, you can help us out by testing. The reason why we are releasing it on Thuesday and not Monday is because we have a National Holiday on Monday. As for the new Diving area and extras; not all of the features and assets you may have seen in the Devblog won't be instantly present next week. Some of them will be added in the weekly updates that we hope to continue after this update.
up
4 users have voted.
CodFishLoob's picture
Need for speed-boat

Sounds good! Thanks for the info. It gives me something to look forward to. :)

up
6 users have voted.
up
5 users have voted.
up
4 users have voted.
Mitzu's picture
Poseidon

Thanks for releasing the beta build now, its cool to see some of the new features in action.

up
4 users have voted.
linksleo's picture
Poseidon

Looking forward to the new beta, hope it's more playable then the last one.
thanks

up
4 users have voted.

A new update coming on a Tuesday and not a Monday, well...

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
2 users have voted.

Ooooh! Goodie goodie goodie
Tuesday I'm calling in sick =D

I follow no path in life. I walk straight and leave a trail for others to follow.

up
3 users have voted.

Sgt I gotta say your lack of masculinity while being the most active veteran community member, and the leaderboard king I find refreshing, but I have I don't want to say it....MUST NOT....can..t res...ist......your infatuation with my little pony has gone too far, let them go man! strawberry shortcake, gummybears, and smurfs said enuff znuff . ;)

up
1 user has voted.

LOL ok, I'll put the ponies away for now and might break out other old 80's shows XD

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
2 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

I truely hope this update will bring heat in the heart of those who couldn't live without it. Now we are at a turn of History. Now suffering will stop.
The next update is coming.

up
3 users have voted.
Spudnic240 Of The Sea's picture
Triton

YAWN!!!!!

up
0 users have voted.

Any news about the update?

up
0 users have voted.
Shmann's picture
Thanks for all the fish

I wait for it... I dont wanna play the beta :(
Hopefully they release this update for stable today

up
0 users have voted.
Spudnic240 Of The Sea's picture
Triton

You guys really need to address some things in your company atm.. These updates need to increase! I know you're still doing your best but you really do need to increase update times.

up
1 user has voted.
BigManJapan's picture
Scuba diver

I'm assuming no one else can log in right now? Error 50?

up
0 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

I have the same problem indeed. As I said on the forum, probably due to the update.

My guess is that the servers are already updated while the game is not already.

I can say for sure that the account system is not upgraded yet : if it was a lot of people would just be singing "kumpaya" now.

up
0 users have voted.
NEO's picture
Diving buddy

That's great!

up
0 users have voted.
linksleo's picture
Poseidon

I just loaded and played the update and it seems to be working ok except I just did all the dailies and it is not registering them??? anyone else having this issue?

up
0 users have voted.
PBMatcho's picture
Aye aye captain!

What a disappointment !!
It's too ugly now

up
0 users have voted.
Scuba diver

Want some feedback?? Here is very valuable feed back, only because some of us are alos HARDCORE players, and i bought the game for the fact of "wow, underwater survival where you can explore stuff for fun"

I still say game modes should be added for those (like me) who wants more realism to this game like...

1. Air Control
2. Danger Elements
3. Darker Caves To Explore
4. Dangerous Wildlife

Well, atleast give us the options to enable or disable what we would like in the options menu.....

Im sure with that feedback alot will agree and disagree with me, hence why i said, add the options for us to enable or disable, or make diff game modes we can select from. I would enjoy this game much more if i should also look after my character, i would think twice exploring that cave over there, but it might be a good place to hide from that giant shark swimming in the distance....hope he is not hungry

up
0 users have voted.
Scuba diver

Also to point out my previous post

I think that is the main reason this game is mostly dead. Yes its fun to swim around not having to worry bout things, but only a few times, after that it gets pretty much boring just swimming around all you want. You get tired of the maps, same things over and over. Adding the pearls for us to find and stuff like that is not much of a deal breaker to actually play the game more.

Most of us...or some of us would much rather play the game if there is an element of danger, or survival instinct...you know, more hardcore mode, where you would actually fear for your life and think for a while "is it worth it to go and explore that cave"

Right now the whole game has the attitude of "been there done that" and tomorrow you log back in again to do the whole map all over again and see everything all over again....it gets boring. But add some realism features in and you wont get tired as you swim around for survival, swimming for your life