Friday Devblog 35

Friday!

Jesse

Welcome to another devblog. The update is getting closer and closer (finally!). Our programmers are working like sharks to finish the last bugs and tweaks on the Untiy 5 build. If everything goes well we can think about releasing a first update next week. We've also listened to your suggestions and feedback about the updates. You've been waiting too long for a new update, and we do not want to repeat this same mistake again. So after this next "Big" update we will go back to small and hopefully weekly update. So you can finally enjoy WoD on a more regular basis. Have a great weekend!

Jesse

Last few pieces...

Johann
The last few weeks I've been working on one of the last few pieces of the puzzle that has to be solved before pushing the Unity 5 beta to live; VR.

While Unity promises full Oculus Rift support in its latest Beta release, it's still very buggy and not yet suitable to release a game for. After drawing that conclusion, I've focused on getting the new Steam VR plugin into the game. This will also support the Oculus Rift, and all of the other major VR devices out there.

After the VR implementation is done, all is left is making sure everything works on all of the platforms (currently, the beta is only live for Windows).

Dive Base Fixes

David

Hello Everyone,

This week I fixed a lot of bugs in the dive base, including some of the Phaota list bugs.
-Fixed rock clipping through the tunnel.
-Fixed some placement of pieces of coral and barnacles.
-Fixed broken row boat not having collision.
-Fixed some rocks near the tunnel not having collision.
-Fixed canon rope not having the correct texture.

Yongala final patches

Lenn

Hello Everyone!
I continued my work on the chamber below deck of the Yongala shipwreck. I fixed some issues regarding the textures, placed some more plants and did an overall finishing pass on the chamber.

Bismarck sub

Davey

Hey guys!

This week I took some textures and polished them. I gave a lot of shaders a heightmap wich will make it look way better.
See the pictures below for those stunning depths! I Also re-baked some lightmaps for the submarine and bismarck shipwreck.
This took alot of time because some UV's were not up-to-date. I also looked at the tiling of some textures and polished them in photoshop to make it look like they repeat correctly.

Untill next devblog, have a nice weekend!

Previous blogs:

read more...

- Devblog 34 may 8
- Devblog 33 may 1
- Devblog 32 April 24
- Devblog 31 April 17
- Devblog 30 April 10
- Devblog 29 April 3
- Devblog 28 March 27
- Devblog 27 March 20
- Devblog 26: March 13
- Devblog 25: March 6
- Devblog 24: February 27
- Devblog 23: February 20
- Devblog 22: February 13
- Devblog 21: February 6
- Devblog 20: January 30
- Devblog 19: January 23
- Devblog 18: January 23
- Devblog 18: January 17
- Devblog 17: January 9
- Devblog 16: December 19
- Devblog 15: December 12
- Devblog 14: December 5
- Devblog 13: November 28
- Devblog 12: November 21
- Devblog 11: November 14
- Devblog 10: November 7
- Devblog 09: October 31
- Devblog 08: October 17
- Devblog 07: October 10
- Devblog 06: October 3
- Devblog 05: September 26
- Devblog 04: September 19
- Devblog 03: September 12
- Devblog 02: September 5
- Devblog 01: August 29

Comments

up
7 users have voted.
up
7 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Everything is really looking good guys. Thanks for the info on the updates. The conversion to Unity was a big project and changes could not be released a little bit at a time, so the length of time from the last update is understandable. It was a lot of work for you, but it was necessary and will certainly pay off in the long run.

up
7 users have voted.
linksleo's picture
Poseidon

Good News Jesse !!! I'm pumped ! You guys are great, Looking forward to the near future,.
Once you get this update out of the way everyone will be busy for a while and give you all a break. Live and Learn! I think giving us an update once a month would be something we could all live with, Just MHO!

up
6 users have voted.
PBMatcho's picture
Aye aye captain!

Nothing to say, just an update please

up
4 users have voted.
Pat Tornado's picture
Poseidon

Thank you all for the report, always nice to see and hear that things are in motion :)

It's good to know about coming update Jesse, I have read about some people really getting nervous waiting for it for a long time, that may relief some pressure on that :)

Enjoy the weekend :)

up
5 users have voted.

Loving the updates and am looking forward to the big update. On a sided note about the dive base, I found a clipping error in the tunnel. As soon as you leave the second gate, the first seam you come to you can swim through the left side that faces the sunken boat.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
2 users have voted.
linksleo's picture
Poseidon

Looking forward to exploring all those places that are presently out of bounds!!!

up
2 users have voted.
PBMatcho's picture
Aye aye captain!

Today is the hundred and fifty-ninth day without update

up
0 users have voted.

I really hope that this week is the update week!
Thumbs up!