Friday Devblog 17

Introduction

Jesse

Hello everyone. We hope you all had a lovely new year! After some very buys weeks and the holidays we're finnaly back in action. We have some great plans for WoD this year, starting out with something we've been working on for the last weeks, the upgrade to Unity 5. This will take the game to higer frame rates and will make it even more priettier than before. We have some amazing new artists working around the clock, who are working on some fine new addtions for a brand new map.

We've also some great new gameplay features planned for the coming weeks. Like the long awaited friend list feature and chat system and another great new addition which will make you stretch your legs in excitement!

Plants

Julian
Hi divers ! This week I worked on some reeds and cyperus papyrus for the okavango's level. I create some assets for background and foreground use. (banks of the okavango river.) It still need some fixes before I can export these to Unity. After this I will start working on the underwater roots of these plants. More exciting stuff soon!

Scuba Boat

Lenn
Hi everyone,
I am Lenn, one of te new 3D artist at Vertigo Games.
This week I have been working on the scuba boat, a cool vessel that every diver needs.
Players can dive into the water from different sides of the boat.

I am currently working on the textures for the ship and I hope she will be able to set sail soon!

More Unity 5

Vincent

This week I have been working on setting up WoD in Unity 5, which is a challenge because it s still in beta. The biggest part is the redoing all the shaders. There is a new lighting system which uses IBL(image based lighting) and they make better use of parallax mapping. This results in more realistic lighting and more detail in the models. I wanted to post some pictures there were a lot of things todo last minute so for next week I will make some comparison screenshots.

Sharks!

Davey
Being the newbie as my first internship, I got my hands on the sharkcage! Trying to make it a real eye-catcher and I hope I succeeded. It's still a work in progress but I'm getting there, more foam and random props are going to be added as well as more damage from the sharks. Look forward to dive into this cage in the future and be safe from sharks. Beware; Sharks might spook you whilst wearing the Oculus! ;)

Makoro Canoe

David
Hello Everyone, I'm David one of the 3d Artists at Vertigo.
I've been working on a makoro canoe to fit the new level, this is the progress I've made so far: And in case you don't know what a makoro canoe is here is the main reference I'm using:

History:

Comments

up
11 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

All right.

This-Is-Awesome.

up
7 users have voted.
RevanXXXIII's picture
Aye aye captain!

Amazing!

up
9 users have voted.
Thanks for all the fish

cant wait for some of these things

up
9 users have voted.

Its nice to finally see some new gameplay elements! Hope this will bring the community back to the game.

up
8 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Agreed!
+ like Jesse already mentioned; we have a great update for everyone planned ...soon! ***exciting times*** :)

up
3 users have voted.
CATFISH's picture
Poseidon

"stretch your legs in excitement!", So your working on LONGER WET SUIT PANTS then. I'm excited;-)

up
2 users have voted.

Cor bliiimey! This rocks! No wonder you guys have been quiet. You've not had time to come up for air. Nice work, guys! :)

up
5 users have voted.

Wow.... looking great !!! And welcome aboard to the new guys :)

up
2 users have voted.
jadefelsen's picture
Scuba diver

great

up
1 user has voted.

Looking forward to the coming update. We definitely need some new places to explore.

up
1 user has voted.

I think this is the best devblog, so far!. Great work, Vertigo!

Raptr Gamercard

up
2 users have voted.
Starkiller's picture
Sea admiral

Awesome, though i hope the "damage from the sharks" part wont be in maps without the cage, i'm enjoying the friendly sharks to much :p

up
1 user has voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Thanks for the exciting news for the start of this new year. Great work guys!

up
1 user has voted.
Scuba diver

I'm so excited for the crocodile level! I just hope its a bit bigger than the other diving areas, some of which were dissapointingly small.

up
0 users have voted.
Starkiller's picture
Sea admiral

I just hope it's not completely dark like those dirty lakes which makes it almost unable to see past your own hands....

up
1 user has voted.
djigivara's picture
Poseidon

Excellent job keep on the great Arts.

Chicago5Over

up
1 user has voted.

And in the distance, I hear the theme song from JAWS playing while looking at the dive cage ^_^

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
0 users have voted.

Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! =D

I follow no path in life. I walk straight and leave a trail for others to follow.