Friday Devblog 25

Ocean-o-Pedia

Trevor

Hi all!

Last week I have been working on the Ocean-o-Pedia. Our research has been ongoing for a while so it's about time we get this in the game! I have opened a thread for ideas and discussion for everyone to join here. A more detailed explanation of the Ocean-o-Pedia can be found there as well.
As for the development, we have recently upgraded to the new version of Unity, which provides us with a new GUI system. This new system gives us more freedom with spatial GUI. We can project buttons, images and text into the world which has a nice next-generation feel to it:

As for the progress. We are currently finalizing the Ocean-o-Pedia tech. It is filled with placeholder data at the moment, so once we get that filled up we should have it ready in a new update!
Let me conclude with some screenshots:

Crashed Helicopter

Lenn
Hey Everyone,

This week I continued my work on the helicopter for the Okavango Delta.
As you can see the textures are far from done, and still need a lot of work before I can move on to the other maps (normal, specular, etc.).

Great white

Davey
Hey!

As promised, here is the textured great white!
To show how big this shark really is, check the cage I've made en the size of the shark ;)
Now off to animating this beast, check next week to see him jump out of the water!

Dive Shop

David
Hello Everyone!

This past week I worked on the dive shop some more, though it does not jet have the cozy feeling i'm looking for.
But I maybe with a few more props, some pictures on the wall and some particles it will work.

New BCD

Sieb
Hi Guys,

I am new at vertigo and this is my first contribution to world of diving.
I made a new BCD. This one has extra pockets, and uses a back inflation system instead of the jacket inflation most use.

There are still some things I'd like to fix but its mostly done now!

History:

Comments

up
5 users have voted.

Great looking wiork. Can hardly wait.

up
4 users have voted.

Everything looking good so far, though if the helicopter is supposed to be crashed, it shouldn't be new looking or perfect shape structure wise.

up
4 users have voted.

from last weeks devblog "This helicopter looks rather unscathed for now, but that will change soon. I will first build it up entirely and then bend and break it so it looks as realistic as possible."

up
4 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

I'm excited to see work started on the Ocean-O-Pedia. You've made a good start on it Trevor.
The helicopter is progressing nicely Lenn. I remember last week you said that you were going to build it entirely first before wrecking it, so that might answer Phaota's comment.
The Great White Shark is looking awesome Davey. Can't wait to come face to face with it and am looking forward to next weeks animation.
The Dive Shop is coming along nicely David. It looks like it will be fun to visit. I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses.
Welcome to the team Sieb. The new BCD is looking good. It will be interesting to see what your next creations will be.
Have a great weekend everyone!

up
6 users have voted.

Great stuff you did this week!

The Ocean-O-Pedia could be a great way to get funding for the game!
Check out my funding ideas: http://divegame.net/node/119756

up
1 user has voted.
up
3 users have voted.

Whoa! There's a HUGE amount going on. All exciting stuff, too! The whole game is coming on in leaps and bounds. :)

up
2 users have voted.

Why do I hear the theme music for JAWS while looking at the shark cage with the great white shark :P Still, These new updates that we are going to get is going to be awesome when we finally get to see them in the game.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
0 users have voted.
up
2 users have voted.
linksleo's picture
Poseidon

Great ! we'll have a lot more to do, and explore when we get the next update.
Hopefully the waters will be crowding with divers...

up
3 users have voted.

Amazing work everyone! Can't wait to get in the water again and have a look around.
Ocean-o-Pedia looks really cool, not to mention all the new stuff getting put in the world aswell. Keep up the good work!!

I follow no path in life. I walk straight and leave a trail for others to follow.

up
2 users have voted.
linksleo's picture
Poseidon

Ya! Lets put a 80" oled TV and a desktop computer in the Dive shop so we can play WoD !!!

up
2 users have voted.
linksleo's picture
Poseidon

The helicopter will be a nice addition.

up
1 user has voted.
djigivara's picture
Poseidon

You Rock

Chicago5Over

up
3 users have voted.
PBMatcho's picture
Aye aye captain!

That's all well and good !... But still no update on the horizon ?

up
2 users have voted.
PBMatcho's picture
Aye aye captain!

That's all well and good! ... But still no update on the horizon?

up
2 users have voted.
RevanXXXIII's picture
Aye aye captain!

Yeah, we need a new update!

up
0 users have voted.
linksleo's picture
Poseidon

I posted regarding next update, go to it and make a prediction!