Friday Devblog 10

HMS Tranquility

Paul

This week i spent my time fixing some of the bugs reported by phaota the HMS Tranquility.

HMS Tranquility Wreck Glitch Photos

All the floating plants and rocks are once again reunited with the ground and i removed some weird objects and the cannons in the ship itself.

The interior of the ship will probably be redecorated in the near future.

Also stuff like objects sticking through the floor and plants popping on the inside of a wall are fixed.

And last but not least.

I fixed the collision on the rocks in the level so you can't swim through parts of them, and objects like the giant clam which could not be reached behind the collision are now accessible.

One example is that before you couldn't reach the clam in the picture and now you can

Diving Base Cleanup

Jhon-alexander

More cleanup of the levels, mainly the diving base.

Mainly making sure that no plant of rock is floating, objects clipping trough one other, randomize some plants making them look more organic etc.

Hope you guys enjoyed Halloween :)

Bug fixes

Jeroen

After returning from my holiday I've been busy with some bugs; one of which is related to a new occurrence of a consistent disconnect. This one is tricky to fix, because it is potentially related to a specific network configuration. This makes it difficult to test and debug.

As you can see from the amount of work that is done for World of Diving, this week the focus has shifted a little bit toward other projects that currently have a higher priority. You can expect more updates for World of Diving soon.

History:

Comments

up
4 users have voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Thanks for working on the bug fixes guys!
I hope you can get the disconnect issue fixed Jeroen. I know JackDaniels is sending you his log files. The race is on! Can this bug be found before Jack reaches the Poseidon level on forum XP alone? XD

Jhon-alexander, I totally enjoyed the Halloween event, the Angler Fish, and the other special items.
Thanks, everyone.

up
2 users have voted.
JackDaniels's picture
Poseidon

Yep..... Which of the two will happen first? I feel the Heat is on! (Sitting at work wanting to link the tune to go with this but can't get audio from work station)
Also to be honest Jeroen I honestly don't mind if you do a name Drop. I am known across a few other communities for my Legendary skill of bringing death and mayhem to electronics. I have yet to get a single game to work JUST RIGHT!
I am everyone's Favorite Choice for Tester when it comes to Alpha Testing!

Any back to the Blog topic at hand.

WOOT nice to see the level artist are hitting everything with the fine tooth comb.... Can't wait to catch those hard to find error's in a video stream again.

OK, so yes I am the one that is still trapped in the tutorial. For those of you wondering how I do it and what happens when it occurs look here. http://www.divegame.net/node/112056

up
2 users have voted.

Great stuff....as always.

up
3 users have voted.

Yay, glitch fixes. :)

up
2 users have voted.

Phaoto, you are truly a one of a kind person. Your help in finding all those glitches more then likely saved the devs a ton of time and energy. Making it so that it can be fixed faster and more time can be devoted to other projects in the game.

Current status: working 2-10 really s*#k ^_^

up
3 users have voted.
JackDaniels's picture
Poseidon

What's Funny is right after all that I started in on the Character Glitch photo's for the females Kinda harder to find a quick fix for those that want the equipment options. Darn Diving Knives just don't go well with anything these day's.
I bet if you put Phaoto and I into the same dive we will walk out of that dive with hours of log's listing all the possible glitches and error's. Well supposing we get my major network connection error fixed first.

OK, so yes I am the one that is still trapped in the tutorial. For those of you wondering how I do it and what happens when it occurs look here. http://www.divegame.net/node/112056

up
1 user has voted.

Keep up the great work, Vertigo!

Raptr Gamercard