Friday Devblog 14

Water shader

Vincent

This week I was working on the water shader. The problem with the 'old' shader was this; when you submerge or surface you move trough the water plane. The near clip plane of the player camera clips the water at 0.03 units from the camera. So everything in between the camera nearclip plane is not rendered anymore. This means a hard edge is visible where the water is 'cutoff'. Now I did a shader trick with some blending of the pixels so the line appears soft.

Underwater flora

Jhon-alexander

Made this week underwater tree roots for a new level in World of Diving

I have been working on some other projects lately but i will be fully work on World of diving again starting this week.

For any Dutch people, Happy Sinterklaas.

HMS Tranquility

Paul

This week I've added most of the furniture into the ship. I'm now working on the more detailed stuff like ropes, and small decals throughout the ship. below you can find a quick preview:

History:

Comments

up
7 users have voted.
Anahita's picture
Poseidon

Wow ! Superb !

Happy Saint Nicholas :)

up
4 users have voted.
diving_admin's picture
Poseidon

World of Diving Developer

up
5 users have voted.

Nice update yet again people, hope you had a good pakjesavond, and enjoy the weekend

up
4 users have voted.
Richard's picture
Poseidon

Thanks Reinier!
up
2 users have voted.

Fijne sinterklaas gewenst en leuk om updates te zien!

up
1 user has voted.
Jace's picture
Poseidon

Thanks for the update guys, great work. A night and day difference on the water Vincent, thanks.
Good to have you back on the WoD project Jhon-alexander. I think the root is the first image from the new level, looks good so far :)
The detail on the Tranquility is really looking interesting Paul. Can't wait to dive at the updated level.

up
1 user has voted.

Thanks.... Looks cool. And happy holidays !

up
1 user has voted.

Looking great, Vertigo!

Raptr Gamercard

up
1 user has voted.
JackDaniels's picture
Poseidon

Have fun on your Holiday ..... and I hope yall get to enjoy it as much as possible.

OK, so yes I am the one that is still trapped in the tutorial. For those of you wondering how I do it and what happens when it occurs look here. http://www.divegame.net/node/112056

up
2 users have voted.
meatmonster's picture
Kraken

really nice changes, thank you!

up
3 users have voted.
Plungerette's picture
Aye aye captain!

*squee* Jolly good, I say!

Happy holidays indeed and keep up the excellent work. :D

In deep water, way over my head. All is well.